Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

17 States Join Texas Lawsuit Seeking to Overturn Election Results

Alex Galbraith
Thu, December 10, 2020, 6:16 AM GMT+7·2 min read

48aa8982162b0bfa4f7bfef48019ae52

17 states joined in Texas' lawsuit to overturn the presidential election results and hand a victory to President Donald Trump.

The original lawsuit filed to the Supreme Court by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton asks the court to block electors from Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin from finalizing their statewide results. If granted, it would keep electors in these states from casting votes by the legally required deadline on December 14. Without the votes of these swing states, Donald Trump would take the electoral college...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/17-states-join-texas-lawsuit-231611246.html

• Like 1

Dec. 14

• Electoral votes cast: In law, this date is the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December. This year it falls on Dec. 14. Six days after disputes are supposed to be settled, electors are supposed to meet in their respective states and cast votes for US president. They certify six sets of votes and send them to Washington. Many states have laws requiring their electors to support the winner of their state's election and can levy fines against faithless electors who go their own way.

Dec. 23

• Electoral votes must arrive in Washington: The certified electoral votes have nine days to get from their states to Capitol Hill.

Jan. 3

• New Congress is sworn in: Members of the House and new members of the Senate take the oath of office at noon. This is the official start of the 117th Congress.

Jan. 6

• Electoral votes counted: Members of the House and the Senate all meet in the House chamber. The president of the Senate (that’s Vice President Mike Pence) presides over the session and the Electoral votes are read and counted in alphabetical order by two appointees each from the House and Senate. They then give their tallies to Pence, who announces the results and listens for objections. If there are objections or if there are, somehow, multiple slates of electors put forward by a state, the House and Senate consider them separately to decide how to count those votes.There are 538 electoral votes — one for each congressman and senator plus three for Washington, DC. If no candidate gets 270, the 435 members of the House decide the election. Each state gets a vote. The House has until noon on Jan. 20 to pick the President. If they can't, it would be the vice president or the next person eligible in the line of presidential succession.

Jan. 20

• Inauguration Day: A new president takes the oath of office at noon. In a disputed election, if the House has not chosen a President but the Senate has chosen a vice president, the vice president-elect becomes acting president until the House makes a choice. And if there's no president-elect and no vice president-elect, the House appoints a president until one is chosen.

6 hours ago, cavanami said:

If granted, it would keep electors in these states from casting votes by the legally required deadline on December 14. Without the votes of these swing states, Donald Trump would take the electoral college...

Yes, and if I would be Elizabeth II I would be the Queen of the United Kingdom.

6 hours ago, cavanami said:

President Trump npminated three of the 9 justices, so hardly a Trump SCOTUSA:

# Justice Nomination date
1 Neil Gorsuch February 1, 2017
2 Brett Kavanaugh July 10, 2018
3 Amy Coney Barrett September 29, 2020

Since you are only of Trump hater and know zero about the US Supreme Court, this discussion is circular so enough, you go on ignore like the other fools!

My point was that even the Trump appointed judges voted against.  Cav, I can hardly lower my posts any more intellectually so that you might finally understand what I mean.

• Thanks 1

What has become of America? the below story sums it up perfectly, a conman convict nutter, begging an attention whore, famous for a sex tape and a big arse, for a pardon, from a 13 yr old girl in a fat old man's orange body, who finds himself in the unfortunate position of Loser.

JKD.jpg.738eaf1c5956191f0e823556ab95315a.jpg

Tiger King star Joe Exotic is begging Kim Kardashian to intervene to help secure his prison release.

The former zookeeper, real name Joseph Maldonado-Passage, has written a letter to Kim appealing for her support in landing a pardon from U.S. President Donald Trump, as she has been working with members of the Trump administration on criminal justice reform for several years.

... https://calgaryherald.com/entertainment/television/tiger-king-joe-exotic-begging-kim-kardashian-to-help-with-prison-release  ...

Joe ended his letter by asking Kim to give him a phone call to get the ball rolling in getting him out of prison.

He added: “No one even has to know you did it.”

Kim has yet to respond to his plea.

Texas thinks it should have a say in how Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin conduct their elections, 17 other Republican-controlled states agree that the Supreme Court should overturn the election for Donald Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/08/texas-lawsuit-donald-trump-election-georgia-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin

As dumb as you think it is.

Mr Coss, in my endless wisdom I said already weeks ago that the Supreme Court does not employ underqualified Trump dicksuckers but highly educated people who studied law and other than Trump have a serious view on the world. Which does include conservative aspects but that is how they come. I did further think that they would refuse to execute expectations  from lowlife Donald but stick to the rules instead . Which is what they do right now. Signs of hope.