Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

As always, I take my lead from the board's most insightful member, the right Honourable Bubi.  And rather than post my usual, detailed analysis of the morning's shockers, I hereby tender a summation, of all that's going on in 'merica. ::

US cybersecurity agency warns suspected Russian hacking campaign broader than previously believed. Trump remains silent as massive cyber hack poses 'grave risk' to government. Trump fights for a job that he's not doing as coronavirus rages. Here's why McDonald's restaurants are putting cameras in their dumpsters. Tucker Carlson claims vaccine campaign 'feels false, because it is'. 'Star Wars' star Jeremy Bulloch, who played Boba Fett, dies aged 75. VP Pence and surgeon general receive Covid-19 vaccine. Trump allies Gorka and Giuliani selling fish oil and cigars on TV. 

Yep, seems back to normal. By normal,  I mean,  pre 2016.

Trump downplays massive cyber hack on government after Pompeo links attack to Russia

For the first time Saturday, Trump addressed the massive cyberattack on US government agencies, contradicting his own Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who said Friday that "we can now say pretty clearly that it was the Russians that engaged in this activity." 

Trump, who has inexplicably proven unwilling to call out Russia or President Vladimir Putin for nefarious acts over the past four years, confounded national security experts on Saturday by tweeting that "it may be China" that is responsible for the attacks.

____

piss tape or not, Putin has something on Trump

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, one of President Donald Trump's most ardent supporters both vocally and financially, escalated his "four more years" chants Saturday to include a new demand.

Lindell, whose MyPillow commercials have for years been advertised on Fox News, tweeted and later deleted a call for "martial law" in seven states. His now-deleted Saturday tweet echoed the president's own ridicule of Republican governors Doug Ducey in Arizona and Brian Kemp in Georgia, making unfounded claims that they sold out Trump by refusing to overturn their state election results.

---

How a Trump booster group helped the head of extremist Proud Boys gain access to the White House

Several hours before members of the extremist group the Proud Boys clashed with police and opponents on the streets of Washington, D.C., last weekend, the head of the group was strolling the halls of power.

"Last minute invite to an undisclosed location," Enrique Tarrio wrote on the social media site Parler, posting photos on the steps of the White House.

Tarrio's presence on a White House tour shows how he and the Proud Boys have moved closer to President Donald Trump via a little-known booster group called Latinos for Trump.

Latinos for Trump bills itself as a grassroots network of supporters that provides passionate support at Trump rallies across the country. Photos on social media show the group's leaders attending events at the White House and Mar-a-Lago, rubbing shoulders with Vice President Mike Pence, the president's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and Trump's sons Eric and Donald Jr. 

In the middle of it all is Tarrio, who serves as Latinos for Trump's chief of staff. 

Tarrio has been building the Proud Boys into a de facto army of fighters who traverse the nation getting into brawls, setting fire to Black Lives Matter banners and attacking antifa protesters.

---