Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The first and only aircraft invented in NZ.

90e531ae98509a0d0ba04ef14bf1fa0a.jpg

Richard William Pearse (3 December 1877 – 29 July 1953) was a New Zealand farmer and inventor who performed pioneering aviation experiments. Witnesses interviewed many years afterward claimed that Pearse flew and landed a powered heavier-than-air machine on 31 March 1903, nine months before the Wright brothers flew.

Of course, 'mericans, being able to shout louder and longer, than anyone, have claimed the first powered flight. No matter.

5 hours ago, Coss said:

The first and only aircraft invented in NZ.

90e531ae98509a0d0ba04ef14bf1fa0a.jpg

Richard William Pearse (3 December 1877 – 29 July 1953) was a New Zealand farmer and inventor who performed pioneering aviation experiments. Witnesses interviewed many years afterward claimed that Pearse flew and landed a powered heavier-than-air machine on 31 March 1903, nine months before the Wright brothers flew.

Of course, 'mericans, being able to shout louder and longer, than anyone, have claimed the first powered flight. No matter.

I read somewhere that Pearse didn’t land but crashed, thereby invalidating the flight.

Joe Biden is a f*cking fool. He really is. He actually thinks he has good enough of a relationship with the Republicans in the Congress, specifically the Senate to 'heal' the country and 'get things done in a bipartisan manner'. .The ONLY result of any negotiation is going to be what Republicans want and how much of that issue they get. It will not be anything progressive. They will not vote for it. Anything progressive will have to come from executive order. 

Furthermore, you can't negotiate with people who literally have no rules. None. There are republican Senators that are willing to go along with reversing the election when its confirmed. The scary thing is the media, is nonchalant about US congressmen literally advocating a coup. There is a former US General talking about a coup via martial law. Why isn't anyone taking the talk seriously. Not that it has any chance but the very fact a former General is talking coup and members of the Congress are okay with reversing an election illegally should scare the f*ck out of not just Americans but globally is mind boggling to me. 

I've said this before. The Democratic party are corrupt. They are not unusually corrupt. I am sure any non American will say the same to varying degrees about the opposition party they support. But all of them have a line. There are some things they won't do. Just like the Democratic party. The Republican party in its present incarnation has no line. None. Zero. I do not even think murder is out of the question. Yes, I'm going there. I have yet to see a line so will assume it is. If someone can tell me what the Republicans will not do politically. What line they will never cross I'd love to hear it. 

You can't negotiate with that. You can only do one thing. Crush it. Crush it legally, but crush it. You force them to bend to the law. You give them no quarter, no room. They do not negotiate in good faith, they will reverse their own views in matters of great concern that affect Americans for generations such as voting in Supreme Court justices. If ever there was a living, breathing embodiment of Machiavelli or Sun Tzu or even Stalin, its the GOP today. 

Steve, you are correct as usual. My personal flavour on this would be that investor capitalism is about to fail.

But I tell you,  if Trump had got another 4 years, 'merica  would be a crime family.

And right or wrong, competent or no, usless or not, the next USA government has got one of the biggest jobs faced by any incoming government, purely in terms of numbers.

numbers of poor getting poorer

numbers of yokels prepared to shoot, explode or otherwise disrupt society

numbers of people dying each day from Covid, 3,400 today

the health system, is maxed out and starting to fail

All conditions, ripe for failure, as I've said before, you've gotta look after your peasants. If they don't play the game any more, there's nothing to get rich off.

17 hours ago, Coss said:

Steve, you are correct as usual. My personal flavour on this would be that investor capitalism is about to fail.

But I tell you,  if Trump had got another 4 years, 'merica  would be a crime family.

And right or wrong, competent or no, usless or not, the next USA government has got one of the biggest jobs faced by any incoming government, purely in terms of numbers.

numbers of poor getting poorer

numbers of yokels prepared to shoot, explode or otherwise disrupt society

numbers of people dying each day from Covid, 3,400 today

the health system, is maxed out and starting to fail

All conditions, ripe for failure, as I've said before, you've gotta look after your peasants. If they don't play the game any more, there's nothing to get rich off.

Let's be frank. 2016 to 2020 is just visible evidence of an already existing decline that has now been sped up. America as a collective does not have the unity, nor collective will to right the ship. 

From here on out, it's visible decline. My guess is America's standing in the world as an arbiter of disagreements will be less and less. It's too late. The question is how it will end and what the post collapse America will look like. If we are lucky, we'll end up like the UK post WW2. No longer the world's premier power. The pound sterling no longer the 'coin of the global realm' but still important and still able to project a modicum of power and stature. If we are lucky. If we are not, we'll be France (no offense to the French). The goal would be Germany. Emerge from the ashes like a Phoenix of post WW2 Europe better, stronger, morally upright. 

My guess? America will be on the defensive fending off political, geographical, financial (and to some extent military) jabs from China primarily and Russia secondarily. America will have a bigger military than China but not the stomach for anything and China, I believe, will periodically threaten a conflict it knows America has no will or stomach for. Even a limited, non nuclear conflict. Economic reprisals will have no weight. 

Internally, there will be a rise of far right domestic terrorism to the point, the government can't ignore its breadth and savagery and will have no choice to but to label them. Something to the effect of the IRA to the UK decades ago. And a certain segment of the populace, a very scary percentage will be cheering for them because they have no more faith in the constitution and want to form their own 'perfect union'.