Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

25 minutes ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Please do define how this is insurrection, do you have the exact legal extracts?

Even though this part of the thread is not about legalities per ce, I have decided to hum our you

INSURRECTION. A rebellion of citizens or subjects of a country against its government. 
     2. The Constitution of the United States, art. 1, s. 8. gives power to congress " to provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections, and repel invasions." 
     3. By the act of Congress of the 28th of February, 1795, 1 Story's L. U. S. 389, it is provided: Sec. 1. That whenever the United States shall be invaded, or be in imminent danger of invasion, from any foreign nation or Indian tribe, it shall be lawful for the president of the United States to call forth such number, of the militia of the state, or states, most convenient to the place of danger, or scene of action, as he may judge necessary to repel such invasion, and to issue his orders, for that purpose, to such officer or officers of the militia as be shall think proper. And in case of an insurrection in any state, against the government thereof, it shall be lawful for the president of the United States, on application of the legislature of such state, or of the executive, (when the legislature cannot be convened,) to call forth such number of the militia of any other state or states, as may be applied for, as he may judge sufficient to suppress such insurrection. 
     4.-2 That, whenever the laws of the United States shall be opposed, or the execution thereof obstructed, in any state, by combinations too powerful to be suppressed by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, or by the powers vested in the marshals by this act, it shall be lawful for the president of the United States to call forth the militia of such state, or of any other state or states, as may be necessary to suppress such combinations, and to cause the laws to be duly executed; and the use of militia so to be called forth may be continued, if necessary, until the expiration of thirty days after the commencement of the then next session of congress. 
     5.-3. That whenever it may be necessary, in the judgment of the president, to use the military force hereby directed to be called forth, the president shall forthwith, by proclamation, command such insurgents to disperse, and retire peaceably to their respective abodes, within a limited time.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Insurrection

3 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Please do define how this is insurrection,

Anyone with two eyeballs, functioning optic nerves and half a brain, can see this was an attempted insurrection.

With Trump and a group of his enablers including Trump Jr, Rudy and various GOP bods, all actively inciting this action, in the hours before it happened, all on TV and social media, you could not get a more transparent example of insurrection.

Examples of incitement - Donald saying at his rally an hour or so before, "We will march on the capitol", Rudy saying "Combat Justice," Don Jr saying "We are bringing the fight to you". Many more that I can't be bothered posting.

insurrection
/ˌɪnsəˈrɛkʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. a violent uprising, against an authority or government.

Philistine

Coss,

PTBM is trying (But Failing) to get back at me for the Photograph NY Subway thread.

In that thread he said something was a illegal and I asked him to demonstrate such, in this one I merely used a the word insurrection in a non legal way. I never said it was an illegal insurrection or against any laws but PTBM cannot see the differeance.

Statement

"Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th," Trump said in the statement released overnight after Congress certified his defeat. "I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again."     =  incitement

Lock him up