Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

In 2017 72% of Uk Power came from Fossil Fuels and Nuclear , I am not saying renewables are bad but they are not a replacement for Fossil Fuels, but supplementary to them.

Take a look at https://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/ a real-time UK Power Generation website. Check the fluctuation on CCGT (Combined Cycle Gas Turbines aka Natural Gas) from 5GW overnight when demand is low to 20GW during the day when demand is high.15GW change , more than total Wind Power Generation.

You cannot turn the Wind up, you cannot turn the sun up, you get what you are given. Renewables construction cost are higher than fossil fuels, maintenance costs are higher. What happens to a Windmill after 20-25 years, they bury it, same with Solar Powered Ninja Penguins. Renewables are so recent non have been decommissioned yet but wait until they do start.

Too many people think “Wind and Sun are free woohoo Cheap Clean Power” don’t believe it for a minute

...and the Bidumb fark ups continue! ya think a male's muscle is different from a female's? the azzclown in the WH has no idea...

Biden executive order says schools should include transgender athletes in girls' sports

The order was released on the first day of his presidency

President Biden, in an executive order aimed at "preventing and combating discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation," is calling on schools across the country to allow transgender athletes to participate in the sport of their gender identity.

"Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports," reads the new order, released on the first day of his presidency. 

The order is a strong signal that the Justice Department is going to enforce it via Title IX -- and schools that don’t comply risk losing funding. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-executive-order-schools-transgender-athletes-girls-sports

6 hours ago, paul101 said:

Renewables providing even a small percentage of power needs is just a pipe dream, what happens anyway when the wind drops and not much sun? If you are afraid of coal and gas running out the only realistic alternative at the moment is nuclear, windmills and acres of solar panels made from quartz and coal just does not work.

Bullshit against facts, the war goes on as it looks. In 2019 for example percentage of renewable energy in Germany has been 42 % ( electricity sector ) and I can´t remember  my TV  breaking down due to the wind dropping. The point is not coal and gas running out but acceptable climate conditions running out.

Disclaimer : I am the opposite of a climate freak but able to accept what is reality.