Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

3 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

1. Anyone can post. 2. It's possible to enact the 'ignore' button and thereby not see posts by certain people. I've actually employed this tactic on one or two. 3. All threads meander, go off on tangents, rabbit holes if enough people comment on it. 

If we are all honest, Americans (and a few others) discussing America as if America is the only important thing in the universe is a few things to many if not most people: boring, self important, and a few other things...and whisper it quietly....but they'd be right. 

In the censorship is being suggested to address personal annoyance. If we are all honest. Secondary reasons might be that some folks want the same commitment and energy to be applied to topics and threads they find more acceptable. 

I get it and can certainly understand it. I've taken a break once in a while, sometimes for months a few years ago. 

In my previous I mentioned the Ignore Option, but in my mind it is not really an option. If I was to put Coss, for example, on ignore I would be missing everything he had to say on other posts and not just USA Thread.

You state “Censorship” come on that is the last thing I want. What I suggest / intimate towards, is the thread is fully visible as now, guests can still view all comments, all members will be able to post on it, so nothing different. What I am suggesting is that members should have an option not to see / partake in any thread they choose be it USA thread or any other. In my mind that is flexibility not censorship.

if the USA thread followed the norm, it would have died out after a month or so and it would not bother people. As it is, it has been around for years. Even you admit it can become boring sometimes.

• Haha 1

Republicans are saying that impeachment of Trump after he has left office is not valid. It's a good argument for which the constitution does not address. What I would like to ask those very same Republicans is 'if Trump was still in office would it be impeachable?'  I guarantee you, you would get a lot of hmmm..aww....er...and deflection. 

Their argument is its impeachable but its too late. In essence that is the debate. The leaders of the party are the same, hasn't changed. The masses, the voters have gotten a huge influx of fringe right nut cases due to Trump. People who have rarely or never voted, came out the woodworks. Also, a good chunk of right wing nationalists who were voting because the GOPO was the closest they could find to nationalist/supremacist mainstream and have become beholden. 

Kyle Rittenhouse has violated the terms of his bail agreement. He should be remanded back to jail without bail. But he's being treated better than 99 percent of other people who have committed murder. Furthermore, he's been spotted in photographs since using white supremacist hand signs and such. 

Fuck him, he should be in the same category as Dylan Roof. HIs defenders say he was defending himself. So, let's understand this. He is a supremacist who was breaking the law and we are being told he was defending his life while committing a crime? Really? His very presence there with the gun, etc, is a crime. But he's innocent? He went there to kill people. He didn't go to 'protect property'. It's not his fucking business. He and anyone other than law enforcement have no business going to someone else's property to defend it other than the owner and the people paid to do so. By law, you call the authorities if you think someone is breaking into your neighbor's home. I have locked myself out of my rented house once or twice and 'jimmied' the window and went in. Someone such as this Rittenhouse could have shot me doing it and be found guilty by law. "I thought he was a robber going into someone's home" is no excuse in the courts. Any court.  This could be your teenage child, friend, anyone. Let the cops sort it out. If you are in the home, it's another matter obviously.  If it's a business it could be anyone from the owner to an employee. 

After he is found guilty, give him the injection (unless we bring back public hangings). 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

'if Trump was still in office would it be impeachable?' 

If congress can't prosecute because he's no longer president, then the normal court system with Cops/FBI etc, if they can't because he was a president, then congress - simple. :)

22 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

After he is found guilty, give him the injection (unless we bring back public hangings)

I'm for stoning, with fake beards available for a small hire fee.

17 hours ago, Mekong said:

In my previous I mentioned the Ignore Option, but in my mind it is not really an option. If I was to put Coss, for example, on ignore I would be missing everything he had to say on other posts and not just USA Thread.

You state “Censorship” come on that is the last thing I want. What I suggest / intimate towards, is the thread is fully visible as now, guests can still view all comments, all members will be able to post on it, so nothing different. What I am suggesting is that members should have an option not to see / partake in any thread they choose be it USA thread or any other. In my mind that is flexibility not censorship.

if the USA thread followed the norm, it would have died out after a month or so and it would not bother people. As it is, it has been around for years. Even you admit it can become boring sometimes.

your wrong Mekong, :) Other threads? Why?

I think the key is too post absolutely everything in the USA thread from now on/

We only need one thread, no need to clutter up with new threads, just this one

24 minutes ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Guys, why are you so obsessed with this thread? Why want it locked? Don't like it, just don't bloody read it.

Sanuk!

As to the first question. Two parts. Americans are generally self obsessed. American tinted lens for every thing..lol as for the non Americans. The same reason one looks out the window at an accident happening, you can't look away. 

As to the locked reason, a variety of reasons I suppose, although those people have spoken for themselves. It's part a wee bit of Anti Americanism and partly, seeing the forum as their own and doing what some millennials do and want to infringe of others privilege/rights because of their 'feelings'. 

Lou Dobbs spent most of his career on a public tv show called Nightly Business Report. I watched him religiously when I was into finance, Wall Street, etc. It was apolitical. He reported what happened without opinion. 

In his present incarnation, I've rarely seen a man so publicly love another man and not be gay. (not that there is anything wrong with being gay). Lou Dobbs had his mouth so firmly around Trump's cock, Melania thanked him for giving her an accuse not to. 

Good riddance. The one thing about Trump's followers, its one thing if there was an ideology one could follow that they were drawn to. Reagan, like him or hate him, his Republican fans could point to specific ideological policies. Trump has barely any. It's play by ear politics. The ONLY thing that they can all perhaps agree to are the mistreatment of immigrants from the south. That's pretty much it. Trump is all over the place ideologically. He's talked about policies to the left of the Democratic party. As much as he wailed against the BLM movements, I guarantee you 100 percent he'd meet with far left black activists and give them what they wanted if they promised to get the vote out. Just like he did with faux Christian, Evangelicals. Same with any group. He's an opportunist. 

'Anyhoo', farewell Lou Dobbs. Your boot and ass licking has brought you to this. You are 75, was remembered fondly for a time but now, like EVERY ardent Trumper of note, will be remembered historically in the negative. You will be forgotten. Your obit when mentioned will get a slew of tweets saying 'good riddance'. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-cancels-lou-dobbs-show-001550950.html

Steve, Lou Dobbs never was on The Nightly Business Report.   He looks a little like Paul Kansas, who was a long time host.  Dobbs was a longtime host of CNN Moneyline..  He remained with CNN from 1880-2009, then was hired by Fox News in 2012.  The last 7 years at CNN saw his anti immigration views expressed and in 2009 his Obama  birther views.   As long as Fox News and Trump were joined at the hip, Dobbs could do no wrong there. Once Fox News for sued for 2.1 billion, his views about election fraud became a liability.  Another example of a wasted Harvard education.