Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Wasn't it the Republicans that were limited the amount both times? Credit to Trump for wanting to pay out more. Biden wanted to as well. Can't fault Biden for this. The Republicans didn't want to. They played politics with your money, not Biden. The same Republicans who had no problem giving trillions to businesses and many that didn't need it. 

35 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Wasn't it the Republicans that were limited the amount both times? Credit to Trump for wanting to pay out more. Biden wanted to as well. Can't fault Biden for this. The Republicans didn't want to. They played politics with your money, not Biden. The same Republicans who had no problem giving trillions to businesses and many that didn't need it. 

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biden and the demonrat controlled congress in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop your BS social engineering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cav, I think its a viable party. My guess is though, it will be viable statewide but not nationally..yet. I can definitely see some House of Rep members from such a party. Not too many Senators. A handful maybe. A lot of Mayors. Maybe a governor or two or three. 

Yeah, social engineering. ;)

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/stimulus-update-1400-dollar-checks-income-limits-and-all-the-nitty-gritty-details/

Stimulus update: $1,400 checks, income limits and all the nitty-gritty details

"... Democrats are using a legislative tool called budget reconciliation that would remove barriers that Republicans could use to slow down a vote. "

" 

A group of moderate Senate Republicans in January lobbied Biden to reduce the check amount and significantly lower the income cap required to qualify for a payment. While Biden rejected the proposal -- saying "Congress must respond boldly and urgently" -- the Republican pitch kicked off a discussion on "targeting" the next round of payments to exclude higher earners from receiving money.

After some back and forth in Congress on whether to lower the income limits to target payments, House Democrats settled on a plan that would follow the income-requirement outlines used for the first two checks but set an upper cap to cut off payments to higher earners. Under the current House Democrats' plan (PDF), individuals with an AGI (or adjusted gross income) of $100,000 a year would be excluded from receiving a payment. Heads of household earning $150,000 a year and couples earning $200,000 would also be above the upper limit to qualify for any money.  

"

For the non Americans or those that don't know the system. Do the Democrats control the government? Yes. But not totally. Democrats obviously have the White House and still hold a majority (greatly reduced last November) in the House of Representatives and gain in the Senate that was formerly Republican controlled but the Senate is split 50/50 and Kamala Harris is the tie breaker. Many things require 67 of the 100 Senators. Dems only have 50 plus a VP/President Pro Temp tie breaker for legislation that requires a simple majority. 

This stimulus check requires 2/3 of the Senate. The Republicans have leverage to demand to certain things. And they have and their demands, a reduction of the 2000 that Biden proposed is the compromise. Not sure where our good friend Cav is getting his information. My guess is the Black Patriot, but I'd love to have some proof otherwise. I could be wrong, admittedly but as you can see above, I'm just repeating the news. 

2 hours ago, Mekong said:

Statistics make clearer reading if the data is not Cherry Picked

Very true very true, just that Coss did not show any statistics but a number saying 500.000. Anything wrong with that? Roughly guessing I might interpret that with Trump administration showing any interest in dead Americans it could be less.

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

Very true very true, just that Coss did not show any statistics but a number saying 500.000. Anything wrong with that? Roughly guessing I might interpret that with Trump administration showing any interest in dead Americans it could be less.

But it is less than Belgium, Slovenia, Czechs, UK,  Italy,Portugal and Bosnia, why not highlight the nations with a worse death rate then USA.

Maybe i should have stated STATISTIC (singular) instead of statistics since the 500,000 figure is a Statistic.

Interesting how the loudest denouncers  (Is this a word?) of the USA, are the ones that never mention anything about their own country of origins...some may call these people busy bodies or worse....

ขึ้นอยู่กับพวกเขา 
(Khụ̂n xyū̀ kạb phwk kheā)