Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

So even the Trumpanzees are blaming Trump.... Cav? comment please... (how are your bleach burns?)

'I sound like an idiot now': US Capitol rioters blame Trump campaign, Fox News for duping them.

Lies about the US presidential election helped bring insurrectionists to the US Capitol on January 6, and now some who are facing criminal charges for their actions during the riot hope their gullibility might save them – or at least engender some sympathy.

Lawyers for at least three defendants charged in connection with the violent siege say they will blame election misinformation and conspiracy theories, much of it pushed by then-president Donald Trump, for misleading their clients. The attorneys say those who spread that misinformation bear as much responsibility for the violence as do those who participated in the actual breach of the Capitol.

“I kind of sound like an idiot now saying it, but my faith was in him,” defendant Anthony Antonio said, speaking of Trump.

Antonio said he wasn’t interested in politics before pandemic boredom led him to conservative cable news and right-wing social media. “I think they did a great job of convincing people.”

Democratic congressman Dan Kildee says what happened at the US Capitol in January hit him when he returned home to the Flint area of Michigan. He suffered with physical, emotional symptoms mimicking post traumatic stress.

After Joe Biden’s victory in last year’s presidential election, Trump and his allies repeatedly claimed that the race was stolen, even though the claims have been repeatedly debunked by officials from both parties, outside experts, courts in several states and Trump’s own attorney-general.

In many cases, the baseless claims about vote dumps, ballot fraud and corrupt election officials were amplified on social media, building Trump’s campaign to undermine faith in the election that began long before November.

The defendants represent only a fraction of the more than 400 people charged in the failed attempt to disrupt the certification of Biden’s victory. But their arguments highlight the important role that misinformation played in inspiring the riot, especially as many top Republicans try to minimise the violence of January 6 and millions of others still wrongly believe the election was stolen.

At least one of those charged plans to make misinformation a key part of his defence.

Albert Watkins, the lawyer representing Jacob Chansley, the so-called QAnon shaman, likened the process to brainwashing or falling into the clutches of a cult. Repeated exposure to falsehood and incendiary rhetoric, Watkins said, ultimately overwhelmed his client’s ability to discern reality.

“He is not crazy,” Watkins said. “The people who fell in love with (cult leader) Jim Jones and went down to Guyana, they had husbands and wives and lives. And then they drank the Kool-Aid.”

Lawyers for newspaper heiress Patty Hearst also argued, unsuccessfully, that their client had been brainwashed into participating in a bank robbery after being kidnapped by the radical Symbionese Liberation Army group.

Lawyers for Bruno Joseph Cua, a 19-year-old accused of shoving a police officer outside the US Senate chamber, attributed his client’s extremist rhetoric before and after the riot to social media.

Lawyer Jonathan Jeffress said Cua was “parroting what he heard and saw on social media. Mr Cua did not come up with these ideas on his own; he was fed them”.

In a Parler social media posting a day after the riot, Cua wrote: “The tree of liberty often has to be watered from the blood of tyrants. And the tree is thirsty.”

Cua’s lawyer now characterises such comments as bluster from an impressionable young person and said Cua regretted his actions.

Antonio, 27, was working as a solar panel salesman in suburban Chicago when the pandemic shut down his work. He and his room-mates began watching Fox News almost all day long, and Antonio began posting and sharing right-wing content on TikTok.

Even though he’d never been interested in politics before – or even voted in a presidential election – Antonio said he began to be consumed by conspiracy theories that the election was rigged.

Court records portray Antonio as aggressive and belligerent. According to FBI reports, he threw a water bottle at a US Capitol police officer who was being dragged down the building’s steps, destroyed office furniture and was captured on police body cameras yelling “You want war? We got war. 1776 all over again” at officers.

Antonio, who wore a patch for the far-right anti-government militia group The Three Percenters, is charged with five counts, including violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder.

Joseph Hurley, Antonio’s lawyer, said he won’t use his client’s belief in false claims of election fraud in an attempt to exonerate him. Instead, Hurley will use them to argue that Antonio was an impressionable person who got exploited by Trump and his allies.

“You can catch this disease,” Hurley said. Misinformation, he said, “is not a defence. It’s not. But it will be brought up to say: This is why he was here. The reason he was there is because he was a dumbass and believed what he heard on Fox News.”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/300320529/i-sound-like-an-idiot-now-us-capitol-rioters-blame-trump-campaign-fox-news-for-duping-them

On 5/26/2021 at 5:16 AM, cavanami said:

Why the American people have turned against Biden

Wayne Allyn Root points out, 'Trump obviously never lost a single voter fraud case'

Something remarkable is happening in America.

You can see it by looking at the forensic audits happening in Arizona, Georgia and New Hampshire. Many more audits are surely on the way.

Americans are finally seriously questioning the results of the 2020 presidential election. The light bulb has gone off. Americans are no longer afraid to say out loud that they think the election was stolen...

https://www.wnd.com/2021/05/american-people-turned-biden/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=dlvrit&utm_content=2021-05-24&fbclid=IwAR1kfwxm1MdvXo5N0uyVtle9BJKWU736iEHP0L2gyBm8XDxHhsFeQp2F-4Y

Auditors Find No Fraud in Disputed New Hampshire Election

[url=Windham, NH Recount: Election Audit Begins Tuesday – NBC Boston]LINK[/url]

Try as they may.  It ain't any voter fraud.  

• Thanks 1

Did a little deep dive into the black patricide...er..ah..patty cake..er..ah..patries...I mean black patriot. 

It's part grift. Its obvious he relies on it for money and the other is I guarantee you he has no physical / emotional connection at all to the black community at large. Pretty much typical. 

I'd be shocked if he is married or even has a girlfriend. lol lives either an asexual life or gay feelings that hasn't come to fruition. 

Not trying to make fun of him, even though it seems, but I've seen guys like him once in a while. Know the type. 

1 hour ago, chocolat steve said:

It's part grift. Its obvious he relies on it for money and the other is I guarantee you he has no physical / emotional connection at all to the black community at large. Pretty much typical. 

To my opinion he is trying to play a role as a super patriot to adjust for the colour of his skin. No success here I believe because the people from the right would still not invite him for Christmas dinner. He would be better off to join the ranks of his bretheren and scream that black lives matter day and night. Enough to do here if you watch the Republicans weakening the voting possibilities in certain areas of certain states. A criminal act if you ask me.

Alternatively he could establish himself as a deeply religious preacherman, then buy a Learjet and a goldchain.

4 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

To my opinion he is trying to play a role as a super patriot to adjust for the colour of his skin. No success here I believe because the people from the right would still not invite him for Christmas dinner. He would be better off to join the ranks of his bretheren and scream that black lives matter day and night. Enough to do here if you watch the Republicans weakening the voting possibilities in certain areas of certain states. A criminal act if you ask me.

Alternatively he could establish himself as a deeply religious preacherman, then buy a Learjet and a goldchain.

BB, if you are not a straight white male, you have to prove yourself to the Republican party by being farther right than any white male. Second, if you are from a group that is a core Democratic Party niche you have to publicly shit on that group. 

In the 2016 primaries, Carly Fiorina was extremely vocal on being against abortion. None of the other candidates touched it. But being a woman, she had to prove she is against women. There is a gay Republican named Milo something or another,, he didn't back gay marriage. Candace Owens attacks any black person who isn't a Trump supporter. 

Lastly, if you notice at EVERY Trump rally where there are black guys, they make sure they dress in MAGA hat, flag clothing, etc. If you are  a black male at a Trump rally wearing regular clothes you are immediately looked at suspiciously. No one talks about this. Black republicans who are part of the crowd MUST dress in overtly Republican/Trump clothing so they arent challenged for being there. That fact tells you all you need to know