Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

6 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

With respect to history and lower species, mankind has progressed.

Not in my opinion.

All mankind has done, with the aid of technology, is sit around and talk about it, figuring out, who gets to work the least, whilst avoiding the truly enjoyable pastimes, of hunting, gathering and inseminating the ladies.

Ladies, Gents, the following is a link to a 40 minute video from the NYT.

I'm picking that those of us with:

a) short attention spans

b) an antipathy towards the NYT

will not watch it.

For the rest of us, I'm thinking it's a reasonable summation of Jan 6 and worth 40 minutes of my day, in the interests of, objective thought.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000007606996/capitol-riot-trump-supporters.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20210630&instance_id=34276&nl=updates-from-the-newsroom&regi_id=93572886&segment_id=62226&te=1&user_id=3d0db6907c182d8177104284f36b5895

The event itself isn't the worst of it Coss, its the actions of the Republican party. Instead of being embarrassed people representing their party would do such a thing, they are against any investigation of it. Why? Because they and their supporters saw nothing wrong with it. 

I've heard Republicans I know minimize the event. And yes, unfortunately I know a few. 

2 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

actions of the Republican party. Instead of being embarrassed people representing their party would do such a thing, they are against any investigation of it.

I reckon such behaviour, is a failing, rearguard action.

Admittedly I'm dependant on the world's media, for much of my information, but I'm seeing fractures and failures in the Republican tribe.

Much like a flock of chickens, who generally move in one direction, they are easily split and distracted, with the 2nd and 3rd tier roosters, quickly going off on tangents and often wresting leader status, from the old fellas, who are failing, minute by minute.

The Republican masses are gone. Done. They'll be for an all out Civil War. The establishment of the party know this and are probably as scared of the masses as anyone. They are trying to walk a tight line between being in the favor of the masses and decency. It's not an easy line to walk. There are a few who are happily going along with the madness because they are in it purely for the power and visibility (Gaetz for example) and these folks are completely corrupt morally. 

The party is rotten in the core. Very rotten. So are the Democrats but in a more traditional type of rotten. The Republican core see no problem in literally anything. Including assassinating certain folks. There is no line with them. None whatsoever. 

I suspect the military high command knows this and have some internal issues themselves. We've seen one retired general or admiral too many condone some things. The military has had an issue with these types for a couple decades now and are just starting to address it. It may be too late. Look at Flynn, very, very high up in the military command structure when he served and he went full MAGA and full on insurrection. That should scare the shit out of people more than it has. If at all. He's not alone. 

On Gaetz, it's patently obvious that the Feds have a case and plenty of evidence against him. But they'll hold off for now, and charge him when it's convenient, in terms of other linked investigations.

I've a feeling that a couple of months ago, Trump was all, "See? Florida, Yeah! and this is my boy Gaetz..."  and the feds said "Gaetz? this Gaetz? this all you got?" prompting Trump to go quiet on the King of Florida idea.