Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Hey Coss, 

Can the President of the US arbitrarily control global oil prices? Even if he allows high production in America? Just asking for a friend. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/05/oil-explainer-energy-prices-rise-after-opec-fails-to-reach-deal.html

Energy prices are hovering above the $75 level after OPEC and its allies could not reach a key deal on their oil output policy last week, amid rising tensions between Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Without a deal, oil prices could surge and threaten to derail a frail economic recover

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-why-oil-prices-are-rising-and-how-it-will-impact-india-7341460/

Why are crude oil prices rising?

Crude oil prices have been rising steadily since the beginning of 2021 when Brent Crude was trading at about $52 per barrel buoyed both by hopes of improving demand due to economic recoveries across geographies as well as supply cuts by key oil-producing countries. The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries extended supply cuts made in 2020 when crude oil prices had reached a low of under $19 per barrel through the first five months of 2021. Saudi Arabia notably made an additional voluntary production cut of 1 million barrels per day between February and April of which only 250,000 barrels of production has been restored in May and 750,000 barrels of production is set to be restored over June and July.

12 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

A gallon in Germany would cost you average 6,72 USD by the way, more in France.

USD 7.17 in Aotearoa - a note, not a complaint...

How Cav, who has chosen not to live in 'merica, presumably because he finds life better in LOS, can can complain about prices, in the good ol' USA of A, is risible.

I would hazard that most of us on this board, are leading relatively good lives, excepting for the vagaries of health. And for my part, I'm happy to be getting on with it, in Middle Earth, with a move to the 'country of a million elephants' in a couple or three years, for my dotage.

But then most of us would probably not vote, for a FWFT  (fuckwit with fake tan).

7 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

Can the President of the US arbitrarily control global oil prices?

Nope, that's my job, if you want the price of gas to come down, get me to invest, some of my hard earned cash, in oil. The price will drop immediately, quite  a lot. If I then sell, everything I've invested, the price will skyrocket, overnight.

I'm pretty sure that Murphy's law, is living in my head.

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"...

"Born Under a Bad Sign" is a blues song recorded by American blues singer and guitarist Albert King in 1967.

Impeach Biden

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/02/economy/june-jobs-report/index.html

he US economy added 850,000 jobs in June, when adjusted for seasonal changes. It was far more than economists had expected and a signal that American job growth is accelerating.

It was the biggest monthly jobs gain since August 2020, when the economy added 1.6 million jobs.

But much more interesting for me, is the latest serving of Schadenfreude, a small portion, but delicious nevertheless and one of a continuing and seemingly endless, buffet.

"Now that the Trump Organization and its CFO have been indicted, New York prosecutors are turning their attention to Ivanka Trump. According to a Daily Beast report, seven Trump Organization companies knowingly paid a "portion" of bonuses illegally, including a company where Ivanka held an executive role. "

https://www.thedailybeast.com/search?q=Ivanka

KarlLaugh.gif.5ebeb59afe225054fae5b9480309e491.gif

On 7/11/2021 at 9:07 AM, Coss said:

...latest serving of Schadenfreude,

More:

Allen Weissenberg, who's been running the Trump organisation for the last 40 or so years, not only has been indicted, he's been dumped from circa 40, of the Trump companies and subsidiaries.

Who's he been replaced by?Trump junior and the blonde son.

Laugh? I nearly shat myself....

Further

The nine lawyers in a suit that was slapped down in Michigan, the one where, they wanted to get the the Michigan electorate college votes to throw to Trump, because you know.. Are now subject to a judge about to deliver a ruling on disciplinary action.

Cupla days...

I wonder what would have happened if they had thrown out the election and declared Trump the winner and enough for the presidency? And with a Republican supreme court. 

My 'what if' is if the election was stolen in open day light, with a 'so what, fuck you' to the American people. Civil war? And in what manner? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

I wonder what would have happened if they had thrown out the election and declared Trump the winner and enough for the presidency? And with a Republican supreme court. 

My 'what if' is if the election was stolen in open day light, with a 'so what, fuck you' to the American people. Civil war? And in what manner? 

Seriously, complete disaster, yes, civil war, with the fat video gaming mom's boys running away, at every sign of opposition, but Trump and his cronies filling their ships and such, with loot and positions of power, using the military in brand-new MAGA-Trump uniforms sourced from Chyeeena, to enforce their will.

Seriously (again) a question begs itself, if this were to happen, how long would 'merica last without access to the manufacturing of  'lectro TVs and phones? Hunting squirrels with an AR15, gets old pretty quickly.

18 hours ago, Coss said:

Allen Weissenberg, who's been running the Trump organisation for the last 40 or so years, not only has been indicted, he's been dumped from circa 40, of the Trump companies and subsidiaries.

This gets more interesting,  with one possibility, not presented yet - (no officer of a company may hold such position whilst under indictment etc etc)

And another being that Trump thinks he's gonna flip so has ditched him... 555

DDOS

Daily Dose Of Schadenfreude 

Cav:  Why would a man, (Trumps buddy, Matt Gaetz) who has proclaimed very loudly, his innocence of matters, that are not even charged yet, spend the best part of a million dollars on Lawyers and P.R. to prepare for the inevitable. And not just any lawyers, Epstein's lawyers...

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/matt-gaetz-criminal-defense-attorney-jeffrey-epstein-2021-7?r=US&IR=T

Gaetz’s latest filing shows that he paid the sum ($25k) to attorney Marc Fernich, who lists among his “notable clients” the accused child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera, and convicted crime family boss John “Junior” Gotti. 

The legal payments from Gaetz’s campaign came after reports surfaced in late March that the third-term congressman was under investigation for sex trafficking. The New York Times reported that the Justice Department was investigating whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him. Gaetz has denied any wrongdoing.

🤣 🤣  🤣