Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I was getting ready for work when it happened and thought it was just a freak accident. On my way to work, the 2nd plane hit and I knew then, America will never be the same. We sat in the front of the tv all day to work, getting things half done. 

I felt badly for my nephews. My thought was that they were now going to live in a world similar to Israeli and Palestinian kids. This was going to be normalized. They wouldn't have the same happy childhood I had. 

A friend of mine wanted to literally make Afghanistan a parking lot. As the days went on I got some of the 'then' alternative media and gave some context to it all happening. Why bin Laden was doing it and against us and how we read him wrong, took him lightly and it could have been avoided. 

As far from this as I am, in terms of politics and facts, my view is that, the then US govt, was giving the Saudi's a lot of room to play in the politics of the middle east (sans Israel).

And the Saudis being who they are, failed to get control of Bin Laden, or even have any idea, that such control was desirable.

The result was not something that the US or the Saudis had imagined, just careless power plays.

My only personal link to all of this, was a then colleague, who was to be on the second, of the planes that hit the towers.

At the last minute, one of her friends caught sight of her ticket and said, "no you don't want fly that way, too many stop overs, go this way". So she changed her ticket and is still with us.

Terrorism only came to the attention of most Americans hen terrorism hit their shores.

Americans were quite willing to support NORAID the financial branch of the IRA, when I was in upstate New York on Paddies day pre 911 there were people with collection buckets “For the Cause” 

So Americans have supported terrorism which has led to the deaths of over 1700 people and continued to support such after each attack in Ireland or Mainland UK.

As soon as there is a terrorist attack on American soil which killed less than 3,000 people the US goes Gung-Ho carrying out air strikes on 7 countries killing over 22,000 civilians. Was not the US retaliation and taking of civilian life not also an act of terrorism.

it wasn’t the civilians of the country who had financed 911 is was a minority group, much like the US based minority group NORAID. 
I suspect most Americans would have got pissed off if the UK had carried out air strikes on upstate New York and Massachusetts and killed over 22,000 Americans, but it is OK for America to react in such a way itself

No doubt Americans will cry “But it is Different” to which I reply “How So?”

5 hours ago, Coss said:

As far from this as I am, in terms of politics and facts, my view is that, the then US govt, was giving the Saudi's a lot of room to play in the politics of the middle east (sans Israel).

And the Saudis being who they are, failed to get control of Bin Laden, or even have any idea, that such control was desirable.

The result was not something that the US or the Saudis had imagined, just careless power plays.

My only personal link to all of this, was a then colleague, who was to be on the second, of the planes that hit the towers.

At the last minute, one of her friends caught sight of her ticket and said, "no you don't want fly that way, too many stop overs, go this way". So she changed her ticket and is still with us.

the coach of my HS track team now, brother died in the tower. He's since become very right wing. 

Larry Elder, a black Trumper, long time gaslighter, lost in his bid to unseat the California governor. He lost badly but in a way he won. He was the leading candidate among the choices if the people recalled Newcom, the governor. 

Larry Elder is a piece of shit. One LA publication was fairly accurate when he was described as a 'white supremacist in a black body' or something to that effect. Some will say how can a black person be a white supremacist? How can a Jew help the Nazis and some did. The slave plantations had many who would happily help the master unseating plots to escape, knowing it would result in the person being tortured or killed. Even if it was someone he or she was related to. The movie Django was not all fiction. The character Stephen was common on plantations. 

I looked deeply as any layman could into Elder's background. He went to a famous LA High School called Crenshaw. They are famous for historically being a state power in basketball. Maybe the most state championships in that state, not sure but it wouldn't surprise me. Larry grew up hating his father for years and was estranged from him, his decision, for many years before they made peace. I have met people who were in HS there around the same time. 

Elder was by all accounts invisible. He literally had no friends, no girlfriends, nothing. By his own account and his older brother's account when he called in to his radio show, Larry came straight home, studied, read comic books and never really left the house at all. His brother talked him into playing little league for a season but that was it. He was either teased or ignored by the rest of the mostly black school. Larry left LA for Brown then Michigan law and only came back to south Los Angeles to see his mother only. 

Larry has been on tv literally condoning every single murder by police of blacks. No exceptions. Even Trump said Floyd's death was wrong. Truth is Larry has a visceral hate for his own kind because (and this is supposition), he was never accepted, ridiculed, teased, by other black kids in school so, playing amateur psychologist, he is subconsiously happy when other blacks suffer, especially males. 

The one thing I am glad about Trump is that they have made black conservatives like Elder either prove they are moral and ethical and live by the conservative dogma or they are hypocrites and Larry has proven it with the things he condone from Trump and his actions in the campaign. 

Larry is only comfortable around those that hate Blacks as much as he does, the far right. Every group has these types. I have met Thai women who will not date, marry or cross the street to spit on a Thai man due to the years of abuse they suffered at the hands of a Thai father, brother, others and they have never known kindness from a Thai man. We have met those types. Part of the reason they like the scene is because it brings them in contact with foreign men and they love flaunting foreign men in front of Thai men. When I was in HS in the suburbs, there were white girls in my class, nerds, who were teased by the cute cheerleaders, teased by the boys, and only had books and studying as their comfort who (now realized) wanted to date me after I showed them some intention, partly because they could flaunt me in front the boys and in others, teenage angst behavior to their fathers. 

I had a very good friend who was on our little league team. Great kid, crazy as hell, and to him, had your stereotypical 'overbearng Jewish mom' and the last thing he said he would do is marry a Jewish girl. I learned some Hebrew because his mother compromised that he could play baseball with us on Saturdays if he studied for his bar mitzvah. He took out his anger towards his mother on the religion. He ate more pork than the rest of us, he didn't want anything to do with religion at all. To this day I know some of the prayers, etc, because I had to help him study so we would have our 3rd baseman and lead off batter. Me being a nerd, I actually found it interesting and liked it, and his mom would derisively say to him "Steve is a better Jew than you are". He loved hanging in our neighborhood and I'm not sure if he was called Benny Black because he hung in a black neighborhood or his last name was Schwartz (meaning Black). I heard years later, he married the whitest, gentile girl he could find and changed his surname. If its so, my guess its partly to get back at his mother. She seemed nice to me and the rest of us. She always fed us, had a kind word, etc. but Benny swore she was the devil incarnate who would henpeck him to no end about whatever. 

Anyway, Larry Elder is kinda sorta like the others I mentioned. Has a deep hatred for his own due to painful childhood experiences. My first girlfiend in LA went to his High School. He was obviously many years her senior and when I started listening to him on the radio and then later saw that he was self hating, I asked her if anyone in her family knew of him. She had an older uncle around that age who went there, maybe a class above, can't recall but he had also confirmed that he was pretty much invisible. No interaction at all, at school. Nothing, his brother was fairly popular and guessed that Larry being his younger brother, was spared worse than what someone like him would have gotten. 

Finally, Elder is a trained lawyer. He's smart. Very smart. Knows how to expertly gaslight. He's been doing it a very long time. But when pressed he will do what other conservatives in that space do 'talk very fast, say a lot of various things' while avoiding the original assertion. 

Just to show you how totally incompetent the Democrat party is in the art of politics. In a state that is 30% latino and a vital vote. It was hardly mentioned that racist/bigot Stephen Miller, the one who talked Trump into separating children and babies from migrants as a deterrent, and putting them in cages was brouth to prominence on Larry Elder's radio show when he had a then HS student Stephen Miller on regularly to discuss immigration, etc. And even while in the Trump administration, Elder never disavowed him. How that wasn't made front and center in ads to the latinos of California is probably one of the most incompetent political non acts in history. 

I was following the recall vote in California and it looks like this Elder bloke is  Trumpanzee of the 1st water, all the Republicans may just be figuring out, that the current approach ain't gonna work no more, no more, no more...