Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

It is impossible to teach a lady the difference between a bag, with a logo on it, and one that they forgot, to put the logo on, or used a different logo.

And if they can say, someone from royalty once looked at the shop, where  the bag is on display, they will pay double or triple. (true story)

On 11/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, buffalo_bill said:

I assume young Rittenhouse might now become a hero of the right wing militia, who would not understand what this verdict is all about and take it as an encouragement to defend the eternal values of (white) America.

As it is Sunday today I took the time to read various pieces about this case and the result is that the jury has done what had to be done . Even Steve should agree in the end .

The right wing has lost in this win. The public overwhelmingly doesn't like the decision. What this also will do is make protesters arm themselves all the more and will be on the look out for Rittenhouse types. More bodies, right wing bodies, will come as a result. It's a net loss for the right. 

PS: Can any of his supporters provide the gun license he legally would need to walk around with it? Im waiting. 

I hate to say it, America invented the "teenager", the age between childhood and adulthood, that only came into being as, I suspect, a marketing category.  

Then the concepts of freedom and rights, went beyond, what is practicable for a smooth running society. Children in America are encouraged to behave badly, for a brief 15 seconds, if that, of dubious fame.

Purely as a point of contrast, between American culture and that of NZ, I proffer the following open letter, published in one of the two major news sites in NZ

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/118319685/an-open-letter-of-thanks-to-our-hardworking-teachers

As you say... adults...

13 hours ago, Coss said:

I hate to say it, America invented the "teenager", the age between childhood and adulthood, that only came into being as, I suspect, a marketing category.  

Then the concepts of freedom and rights, went beyond, what is practicable for a smooth running society. Children in America are encouraged to behave badly, for a brief 15 seconds, if that, of dubious fame.

Purely as a point of contrast, between American culture and that of NZ, I proffer the following open letter, published in one of the two major news sites in NZ

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/118319685/an-open-letter-of-thanks-to-our-hardworking-teachers

As you say... adults...

Pre massive European immigration in the  mid 1800s, teens were more or less treated like Adults. There were 1000s of unaccoustomed teens among the indentured servants that were 'sent' (forced) to the American colonies in the late 1600s and into the 1700s. Just like many were sent to Australia and a few other British colonies (west indies). These were British teens. 

In the 1800s, a huge influx of European immigrants happened as we all well know. They came in such huge numbers, unskilled mostly, largely rural, semi illterate, little or no Engish, with too many people, ,chasing too few jobs, that it decimated hundreds of thousans of families if not millions. 

Whole areas of large cities, New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimre were literally no go zones from thousands of gangs, many present day teens in age. There were no mandatory school and many had lost their fathers and/or mothers or simply abandoned. The Gangs of New York movie is one of the rare movies that hints at the size and scope of the issue. 

The US cities eventualluy developed the 'Juvenile' system to cope with this. Obligatory school was one of those things to keep kids off the street. The Juvenile detention system, to warehouse them away from adults for a myriad of reasons. Sunday School was also a way to try to keep them morally straight. Orphanages, and other charitable systems were set up for them. 

As a result, America changed its social view of teenagers. Benjamin Franklin, like many people of the UK was apprenticed at 12 years old in America just like 1000s others at a similar age in the UK. This became a thing of the past in America for logistical and cultural reasons. 12 years old was a fair age in the minds of his age to be sent from home to be apprenticed but 150 years later was deemed an age that needed to be in school and cared after. 

In the age of affluence of any nation, they tend to coddle their youth. This is true from the days of old. Roman empire, Persian empire, all the way down. America became a global financial power post WW2 and the youth became more and more coddlge for the lack of a better word. 

But mollycoddling the teens didn’t do much good did it, all it produced was people who have a state of awareness only achieved  by those dumb enough to find injustice in everything except their own behavior I.e Woke.

I was an indentured apprentice 4 years From the age of 16, so basically over 50% of my “Teenage Years” were spent working / learning.a trade that has seen me through life.

Working was god, gave me independence, could by Motorbikes, Cars, Records, go to Concerts, Pubs, Nightclubs, pick up women and shag them stupid (easy as a teenager with money and a car) all without dipping into the “Bank of Mum and Dad” 

Now in the UK the average age of a male Leaving home is 25.4 wtf, at that age I had been working for over 9 years served an apprenticeship, built a Nuclear Power Station, was working in SE Asia, and had bought and sold a house in the UK.

Meanwhile Millennial or Gen Z Jaxon and Willow are still living at home at the same age needing a “Safe Space” and “Trigger Warnings” that is what you get for mollycoddling teenagers, they just don’t grow up, FFS some of them cant even decide if they are male or female but in the UK the 6% expect the 94% majority to bow to their needs because they are so sensitive and may get offended.

I thank my lucky stars I was a teenager in the late 70’s early 80’s and never had kids of my own (Personal Choice)