Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

And on Trump's Russian tendencies:

Former President Trump publicly called on Vladimir Putin on Tuesday to release any dirt he might have on Hunter Biden, the president’s son.

Its an item from MSNBC, yes I know, they're not Trump fans, but they play Trump talking,Trump's own words 

In fact MSNBC should be ashamed for giving the Mango Mussolini so much oxygen.

“Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.” - Eric Trump

Just because of dislike for Trump doesn’t mean you should reject everything he says, let’s look at what he said objectively 

Too Expensive

Compared to Coal, CCGT (gas) and Nuclear they are. The LCOE (Levelised Cost of Energy, Coal $110/MWh, Gas 105, Nuclear 102, Wind (Onshore) 140, Wind (Offshore) 200. The word “too” should have been replaced by more. Data 

Dont Work

Well last week I the UK they certainly didn’t, no wind and sat there as about as useful as tits on a bull.

Last Ten Years

Wrong, they last 20 years

Rotting in Place

The blades are mode from Fibre Glass, (itself a derivative of oil), which does not decompose or cannot be recycled so just dumped into landfills. As for Concrete, even a small (2Mw) Windmill uses 30,000 Tonne of Concrete per Base/Tower, will all of these be dug up and disposed of when Windmill is decommissioned. they can’t be reused. Data

They Kill Birds

Yes, they do, but not as much as Nuclear, Fossil Fuel or the biggest killer of them all the Domestic Cat, 27 Million per annum, cull all  Cats 

812DFD6E-27BA-4D18-AA2A-F13436FF17FC.jpeg

6 hours ago, Mekong said:

biggest killer of them all the Domestic Cat, 27 Million per annum, cull all  Cats 

I am in agreement, the single largest killer of our endangered wild life, next is rats and possums.

Killing cats should be a  desirable social trait.

6 hours ago, Mekong said:

J

Rotting in Place

The blades are mode from Fibre Glass, (itself a derivative of oil), which does not decompose or cannot be recycled so just dumped into landfills.

Mekong as you know I hate to find myself in opposition to yourself but above all the truth has to be defended :

https://www.eurecum-gmbh.de/windenergieanlagen-recycling/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr5PEu7Xy9gIVlvhRCh0I9wyzEAAYASABEgIfSPD_BwE

In German but the pictures tell it all.

" As for Concrete, even a small (2Mw) Windmill uses 30,000 Tonne of Concrete per Base/Tower, will all of these be dug up and disposed of when Windmill is decommissioned. they can’t be reused"

Almost all of it is reused after rebuilding roads, bridges, buildings etc. It replaces gravel although cannot be used for building again because quality is too low due to improved standards.

Disclaimer: I do not support windmills due to their ugly design. But there will be many of them in future.

Bubi, we are not in opposition, merely having a discussion with differing opinions. Debate is healthy as long as it does not get personal, and occasional piss taking is both given and taken by both parties.

The link you posted is rather useful. At first I was thrown as to the meaning of GFK, but being moderately educated I found out it is Glasfaserverstärkt, the German for Glass Reinforced Plastic or GRP, and as such Germany is doing a sterling effort to recycle the blades.

Concrete “Can” be used as aggregate is road construction, whether it is or not is a different matter, and the cost of demolition / recycling is an overhead probably never considered during initial construction. 

Germany always has been an foreword thinking nation on Green issues and recycling, I fortunately many other nations are not quite up to speed with Germany.

So the Rotting in Place comment probably does not apply to Germany but most likely does to the rest of the world (at present)

You haven’t countered my Too Expensive and Don’t Work (efficiently) remarks as of yet, I await your feedback.

5 hours ago, Mekong said:

Bubi, we are not in opposition, merely having a discussion with differing opinions. Debate is healthy as long as it does not get personal, and occasional piss taking is both given and taken by both parties.

The link you posted is rather useful. At first I was thrown as to the meaning of GFK, but being moderately educated I found out it is Glasfaserverstärkt, the German for Glass Reinforced Plastic or GRP, and as such Germany is doing a sterling effort to recycle the blades.

Concrete “Can” be used as aggregate is road construction, whether it is or not is a different matter, and the cost of demolition / recycling is an overhead probably never considered during initial construction. 

Germany always has been an foreword thinking nation on Green issues and recycling, I fortunately many other nations are not quite up to speed with Germany.

So the Rotting in Place comment probably does not apply to Germany but most likely does to the rest of the world (at present)

You haven’t countered my Too Expensive and Don’t Work (efficiently) remarks as of yet, I await your feedback.

To comment the Too Expensive I would have to gain more knowledge before I start any drivel. Although the "Too" expensive already means taking a point of view, others may say anything avoiding pollution can not be too expensive per se. I do not share this opinion.

I certainly disagree with the Don´t Work. No question they don´t if there is no wind. Like there is no boomboom at HoneyBee Massage if no staff present.  But in the long run the windmills do their job, more and more are under construction and within a few years there should be appropriate batteries available. In the end they produce electricity which means they work.

I'm still sniffing the wind, for news from the scientific journals, that someone has worked out an idea, to access dark matter and utilise it.

Prolly couldn't make a candle out of it and burn it, but imagine if there was energy to be gained from/near/though it.

People could then make a 'marketplace' scheme and a trading framework and then the upper and middle classes, will no doubt do very well, trading the stuff.

Seems that all the human race is good for, is measured in terms of who is making money, off something and who is not.