Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Strangely silent....ohhhhh, doesn't fit the lying agenda...

Trump lawyer says she's told him all litigation involving the former president 'will stop' if he announces he's not running for office in 2024

• A Trump lawyer said investigations into the former president would stop if he didn't run for office in 2024.

• The Department of Justice executed an FBI raid of Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, seeking classified documents.

• Attorney Alina Habba said the raid would increase support among Trump's base.

A lawyer for Donald Trump said all investigations into the former president would stop if he were to announce he won't run for president in 2024.

"If he's not leading in the polls – I've sat across from him, every time he gets frustrated, I say to him: 'Mr. President, if you would like me to resolve all your litigation, you should announce that you are not running for office, and all of this will stop,'" Trump attorney Alina Habba said on Real America's Voice on Friday. "That's what they want."

She added that Trump was "honestly not surprised" after the Department of Justice executed an FBI raid of Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, seeking classified documents taken from the White House.

"I hope he runs," Habba said. "I told him this is going to actually increase your support in your base because they just always take it a little too far. The Democratic party, they can't get out of their own way sometimes."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-lawyer-says-shes-told-192804167.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

Pure speculation on the lawyer’s behalf, no evidence of such!

Just because you say something doesn’t make it true.

Strongly agree!

Like lawyers never lie...55555555555...I will make $500 million of the TV show I produce about lying lawyers...and the news media!

News media is for truth and justice? 5555555555 how about profits and ratings!!!

Another gem.

A bill Trump signed into law in 2018,  made it a felony to retain classified materials in an unauthorized location, which Trump appears to have done.

So he made it illegal, he signed it, then did it.

I hesitated when posting this, over my choice of thread, as the content, is a continuation of the ideas we've discussed, around people being dumb enough, to record and publicise their misdeeds and crimes, so that the authorities can have an easy time of prosecuting them.

As the content, of the example I'm using, has persons of the USA nationality in it, I fear that  "******s" (insert insult) will, not understand my point and will scream about "keeping it in the USA thread" or some similar exhibition, of lack of cognition.

So here it is in the USA thread.

An example of someone breaking laws, and thinking that because it's the internet, no one will identify them, and they will be safe:

Man who threatened to 'slaughter' FBI agents following Trump raid, arrested LINK

Best dumb ***k line from link "I will not spend one second of my life in their custody."

I think the days of the authorities taking a "just another mouthy prick, ignore him" stance, are over.

I also think that the growing trend, for people to post under their real name and for content platforms, to require ID authentication, will be come prevalent over the next few years.

________

And as night follows day, the western democracies will follow the USA, in most part.

If Trump runs, the Chairwoman of the Republican National Committee has said that the RNC will no longer pay his legal bills.  In Trump’s case, that’s a powerful incentive not to run.  On the other hand, if he runs and is elected before being thrown in jail, he can pardon himself or claim the privilege of not being indictable as a sitting President. I think that he wants to stay out of jail more than have his legal bills paid by someone else. 

• Thanks 1