Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Truth Social, das soziale Netzwerk des Ex-US-Präsidenten Donald Trump, soll die Rechnungen an sein Webhosting-Unternehmen RightForge seit einem halben Jahr nicht mehr bezahlen. Das berichtet der TV-Sender "Fox Business" unter Berufung auf Insider.

Meaning: Truth Social, the Donald´s platform to spread his garbage all over the place does not pay the bills since February to Right Forge which is his webhoster. News supplied by Fox Business according to insiders.

Why am I not surprised?

Because the millions he raises go in his hip pocket.

Given that  MBS (Jamal Khashoggi was killed by a Saudi hit squad, operating under the command of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman) gave Jared 2 billion, to start a business, because Jared wanted to have a business, I would not be surprised, if screeds of Top Secret documents that Trump was ferreting away, have made their way (in copy format) to MBS. And Putin and the gardener and that pretty girl from before...

Further, keep an eye out, for hurriedly arranged flights, in the middle of the night.

Furtherer, opinion is that Trump was hiding a removing documents in advance of the search warrant being carried out. So there's more.

Furthererer,  stand by my assessment that Trump might be wiley and cunning, but he is too dumb, to go up against an intelligence organisation and win.

3 hours ago, Coss said:

Further, keep an eye out, for hurriedly arranged flights, in the middle of the night.

So, passports and classified national defence information. in his desk drawer.

From the DOJ filing:

"The location of the passports is relevant evidence in an investigation of unauthorized retention and mishandling of national defence information"

Red handed anyone?

In the continuing soapy that is Trumpworld, it appears that, the FBI has noted that some of the numerous folders marked "Top Secret CSI", were in fact empty.

Trumpanzees will say "See, no evidence!"

Sane people will say, "Where has Trump hidden the contents ?"

On 8/11/2022 at 8:47 AM, cavanami said:

Remember Willie Nelson...when he started Farm Aid??? He suddenly had IRS tax problems....appears the stooge forgets anyuth9ing but something negative for Mr. Trump....maybe the stooge should look at the WW II history of his little island...

Willie Nelson was prosecuted by IRS in 1990

AFAIK George H W Bush was President then, and he sure was no Democrat. 

• Haha 1

I'm very tempted to dismiss the ongoing Drumpfiness as drivel:  I've always said that, Trump has the intelligence and demeanour, of a 13 year old schoolyard bully girl.

but I'm concerned, not because the status of the USA, is a particular worry to me, but because, the status of the USA as it affects, the rest of the Democratic world, is a worry to me.

With the kinds of things Trump got up to and may still get up to, resulting in people like Putin, thinking they can push over the line, that formerly kept them in some semblance of good behaviour, It's worth noting the following story.

vis 31 confidential, 54 secret, 18 top secret, 90 empty folders: 

Does Trump still have official docs he’s not supposed to have?

Does Donald Trump, even now, still have official documents he’s not supposed to have? There's some uncertainty that Congress is eager to resolve.

Sept. 14, 2022, 2:46 AM NZST

By Steve Benen

At this point, it’s tempting to think of Donald Trump’s scandal about classified documents as something that happened in the recent past: The former president effectively stole official materials, ignored appeals to return them, and allegedly obstructed the retrieval process. It’s why the FBI showed up at Mar-a-Lago with a court-approved search warrant.

But what if part of the problem is ongoing? Or more to the point, what if the Republican, even now, still has materials he’s not supposed to have?

In a court filing last week, the Justice Department complained about U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon’s injunction, blocking federal investigators from examining documents they’ve already recovered from the former president’s property. Prosecutors specifically wrote that the Trump-appointed judge’s recent ruling could “impede efforts to identify the existence of any additional classified records that are not being properly stored.”

The phrasing raised the provocative possibility that some materials have not been recovered. It also dovetailed with a recent Washington Post report in which officials with the National Archives and Records Administration, or NARA, suggested that they, too, feared that the former president had not yet surrendered everything he took.

It was against this backdrop that The New York Times reported this morning:

The National Archives has informed congressional aides that it is still unsure whether former President Donald J. Trump has surrendered all of the presidential records he removed from the White House as required, even after months of negotiations, a subpoena and a search of his Florida property, Mar-a-Lago, according to the House Oversight Committee.

In a letter to the acting national archivist, House Oversight Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney noted that archives staff “recently informed the committee that the agency is not certain whether all presidential records are in its custody.”

With this uncertainty in mind, the New York Democrat’s letter, dated today, requested that the archives “conduct an urgent review of presidential records from the Trump administration to identify any presidential records or categories of presidential records, whether textual or electronic, that NARA has reason to believe may still be outside of the agency’s custody and control.”

Also of interest was Maloney’s request that the National Archives “seek a personal certification from Donald Trump that he has surrendered all presidential records that he illegally removed from the White House after leaving office.”

How likely is it that the former president will personally certify that he has given up all of the records he illegally kept? I’m inclined to put this in the “not going to happen” category.

That said, assuming Trump does refuse to acknowledge that he’s no longer breaking the law, this would itself be a striking development. Watch this space.

LINK

In summary: the chance that Trump still has information that he views as "get out of Jail Free", or "worth billions to the right Foe", or "will be effective ammunition, against Dems, or any one else he views as a threat"?

About 100% in my view, so for pedants,  an average of 99%, 100%, 101%.

• 2 weeks later...