Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'll get back to the hostage thing.

For WMD in Iraq, they for sure did have them. We have a few burned out northern villages as proof.

Did they have them any more in 2003? Not sure. I say that because our sniffing machines went of constantly in some places and never in others. So there was something there at some point in the recent (as in a year or two before the invasion) past.

Saddam buried fully working Mig's in the sand. No telling what else might be out there.

I knew about the chemical gas stuff he used on the Kurds, maybe others? The big question is what else did he have between gulf war I and Gulf War II? bigger and better question is where is that shit today and who has it? Very real fear would be that he gave it to another country to be used against us later.

Hostage thing...it is out there for discussion. In the end we have to decide what we believe based on the reports, and who is or is not credible in presenting these facts.

You seem to have a distorted view of the reality of the October surprise...seems Old Ronnie arranged to have the hostages held a bit longer in excahnge for some "gifts" later on...but I won't bother you with facts and reality...Ronnie was a saint...never faced impeachment etc...no such thing as Iran contra or anything of the sort...no doubt Obama was behind it all anyway...

Yelp, you answered your own question.

Some consider Ronnie a god because of his un-American tactics. Iran Contra was a disgrace but because that shit got covered with a rug - that makes everything okay.

I'll get back to the hostage thing.

For WMD in Iraq, they for sure did have them. We have a few burned out northern villages as proof.

Did they have them any more in 2003? Not sure. I say that because our sniffing machines went of constantly in some places and never in others. So there was something there at some point in the recent (as in a year or two before the invasion) past.

Saddam buried fully working Mig's in the sand. No telling what else might be out there.

Golly, even GWB claims he was surprised there were no WMD. Are you saying GWB is an idiot?

I never said there was / were any in 2003 and after. I just said our sensors keep detecting traces of it. In some areas we had to take the batteries out to get them to shut up.

But I did say, and can show you photos of buried jets. So I would not be around when they dig the foundation to your summer house in Al Abnar!

I lean toward the Hostage thing being a non starter for one very good reason.

There was tooooooo much to be gained by the Dems bringing it out in the 1984 election. If it had been true, they would have done it and Mondale would have whooped ass!

"Teflon Ron" got away with a lot. Iran Contra really didn't come to a full head until later. In fact, I don't recall really hearing about the hostage thing until after he was out of office. If I recall, he was out of office when he testified and forgot things like how many times?

True or not, it just wouldn't surprise me either way. I do seem to recall reading that a few high ranking Iranians claim it is true...if you can trust them to tell the truth. This is probably one of those things where we will never really know the truth.

I dont think Ron ever actually testified. Has any president? The way I look at it is, delay them coming home a few hours or a few months for what? Ron in office? No way.

Ron was unpredictable and willing to blast you cowboy style and let everyone know it. Carter they could trust to do as little as possible.

That's another counter, Iran had more to GAIN with Carter than with Ron.