Sign in to follow this  
Alohameansgoodbye

Usa Thread

Pre Ayatollahs Iran was very tolerant and it was pretty secular .Women wore scarves over their heads...maybe. Same brand of Islam.  I heard a guy on the BBC talk about a photo of a graduating class at major university in Cairo and maybe one of the women covered her head. These days nigabs. Same brand of Islam. Iraq pretty much the same. The culture changed in each example. Syrians are shia and the Syrians in America act very secular. 

Senegal has always been a matriarchal country to some extent. It was that way before Islam and stayed that way after Islam. 

Trump to test system that lets him send messages to every US cellphone.

The Trump administration will send a test message to all US cellphones on Thursday for a new alert system intended to warn the public about national emergencies.

The messages will bear the headline 'Presidential Alert', the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which will send the message, said in a statement earlier this week.

Former President Barack Obama signed a law in 2016 requiring FEMA to create a system that lets US Presidents send cellphone alerts regarding public safety issues like natural disasters and "terrorism".

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/09/trump-to-test-system-that-lets-him-send-messages-to-every-us-cellphone.html

_______

What could go wrong? Jeeze, I'm glad I don't have a US phone, constant txt storms giving himself 'A Pluses' ... 'Crooked Hillary'... 'Witch Hunt'...

21 minutes ago, Coss said:

Trump to test system that lets him send messages to every US cellphone.

The Trump administration will send a test message to all US cellphones on Thursday for a new alert system intended to warn the public about national emergencies.

The messages will bear the headline 'Presidential Alert', the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which will send the message, said in a statement earlier this week.

Former President Barack Obama signed a law in 2016 requiring FEMA to create a system that lets US Presidents send cellphone alerts regarding public safety issues like natural disasters and "terrorism".

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/09/trump-to-test-system-that-lets-him-send-messages-to-every-us-cellphone.html

_______

What could go wrong? Jeeze, I'm glad I don't have a US phone, constant txt storms giving himself 'A Pluses' ... 'Crooked Hillary'... 'Witch Hunt'...

I used to get government messages on my phone a few years ago. I think that was under Yingluck's government - weather warnings, election notices etc. They all came in Thai, so presumably they weren't meant for foreigners.