Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Despite how I feel about Trump, the word impeachment has been tossed around a bit too much. Lets wait for the evidence. I personally think there is a very good chance he has committed impeachable acts. However, I recall the lyrics to a rap song I listened to years ago, "gangsta rap"  with a constant line that said "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove". This is the same thing regarding Trump. It's not what they believe it's what they can prove and if Mueller and the Dems can't prove it, even though they know he likely did commit impeachable acts, so be it. 

Impeachment, to me, is very, very special and to be done advisedly. Why? Because anything less than overwhelming proof that the American people ourselves are convinced must be the standard because essentially impeachment is overturning the will of the people. If used improperly it's tantamount to a political coup. I do not believe Clinton should have faced impeachment due to two -precedents. He was impeached about lying under oath. He did. He lied under oath in a civil trial NOT representing the office of the President and there are two precedents that say it does not rise to the standard of impeachment. First, VP Aaron Burr who shot and killed the Sect'y of Treasury Alexander Hamilton in an illegal duel in NJ, and the state of NJ sent a warrant for arrest and extradition to the Congress when he went back to DC said that Burr dueled representing himself, private citizen on personal honor not representing the office of the Vice Presidency so it was ignored. Secondly, one of the articles of impeachment against Nixon was tax evasion. Dead to rights tax evasion and the Republicans in Congress got it removed saying evasion of taxes was done by Nixon the private citizen and his evasion was not done representing the office of the President. Thereby Bill Clinton lied representing himself, private citizen in a civil trial, he was not there representing the office. Splitting hairs? Perhaps but there are two precedents I named that support his not being impeached for lying under oath in a civil trial. If so, you can impeach a President in theory for violating any law like driving under the influence (if he drove) for example. 

That said, Trump has to have found to have committed an act while President, and using the power of the office in it's commission. If he is found to have committed illegal acts prior to swearing in, I would not support impeachment, that would include any solid proof of Russian collusion. If he used the office to stop it AFTER he was elected and used the resources and power of the office to do so, then that would be impeachable. 

On a side note, the Nixon impeachment hearings and the evidence was clear and convincing and any Republican who voted not to impeach placed their party over the country. Anyone who voted against impeachment should be remembered as such and the dishonor that comes with it regarding their place in history. 

Vis impeachment, I reckon  we should be treated to video of him having to leave the Whitehouse, with the contents of his desk drawers in a card board box, on foot and having to walk down the road to his hotel or what ever. Preferably tomorrow. And yes not impeached, turfed out for being stupid.

7 hours ago, cavanami said:

Trump will not be impeached no matter how hard the Dems try. Key word, evidence...after two years, illegal wire taps, etc Mueller has no evidence.

Game over..

My guess is there won't be a "smoking gun" of what I would deem "impeachable" acts while Trump is President. However, I think people close to him are vulnerable for felony prosecution. Specifically, his daughter and son. Possibly his son in law. If that happens, he may resign or announce he won't run in 2020 in a quid pro quo to not having his family prosecuted. Just a guess. 

This Corsi guy is the first I've heard of him so I had to get the gist of what is going on. Mueller is careful. Very careful, so I'm pessimistic this lawsuit will come in his favor but everyone deserves their day in court if the facts as they are suggest it has standing in court.  From Wiki:

In September 2018, Corsi was subpoenaed to testify in the Special Counsel investigation, reportedly for his contacts with Roger Stone.[ Corsi also turned over computer, phone and email records. The Office of the Special Counsel reportedly has information suggesting Corsi possessed advance knowledge that WikiLeaks had hacked the emails of John Podesta. Corsi has denied that he had any advance knowledge of the hack, or that he has had any communication with anyone involved in the hack. Corsi announced on November 12, 2018, that he expected to be indicted for perjury within days. Eleven days later he confirmed he had entered plea negotiations with Mueller prosecutors. On November 26, 2018, Corsi stated that he rejected the plea deal brought by the Special Counsel to plead guilty to one count of perjury; he stated that he rejected it because he did not wilfully mislead anyone.

Draft court documents, released in November, showed that two months before WikiLeaks released emails stolen from the Clinton campaign, Corsi sent emails to Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone informing him that WikiLeaks was going to publish the emails in two "dumps", giving dates of the planned releases and that the "impact planned" would be "very damaging." Stone also sent Corsi an email directing him to contact Julian Assange "and get the pending (WikiLeaks) emails." Corsi told Mueller's investigators he ignored the direction, but investigators found he had passed it to an associate in London, whom Corsi later identified as Ted Malloch, who had worked with the Trump campaign and been questioned by Mueller's investigators in April 2018.

Corsi retained attorney Larry Klayman, who in December filed (on Corsi's behalf) a request for an investigation into the Special Counsel's tactics and a lawsuit alleging Mueller and other government actors violated Corsi's constitutional rights and leaked grand jury secrets.