Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Remember that letter that former Senators and Congresspersons wrote to the current Congress regarding their inablity to work with each other? What this country is yearning for is for someone, someone take some leadership and gather the Speaker of the House (Democrat), Senate majority leader (Republican), a representative from the white house if not hte president himself and meet away from the press, prying eyes and say "This country is going to shit. Let's come up wtih 2 or 3 items on a 'to do' list that transcends party. Eveyrone agrees that neither party will take credit for it when it comes to fruition. It won't be used in campaigning unless as an example of both parties working together." 

Come with 2 or 3 things that as a country we won't politicize, because if it doesn't get done, we all suffer. I would recommend these things, if not these something else but for me.

1. A plan for the infrastructure.   This can target areas of both parties, red and blue states, but make it areas that are needed urgently and monies will be committed. No pork barrell, just fix the damn things. 

2. If the Republicans are okay to it, reverse Citizens United vs. U.S. and remove legalized bribing. This is going to be a tough one and may be a non-starter. 

We can come up with others. I suggest, start with just one. I posted before about how going to space and the moon was beyond politics. When we discuss it, we don't say it was a Democrat or Republican accomplishment. JFK gets mentioned with it only because he was in the White House at the time we planned to go to the moon, but as we know, It was Republican Richard Nixon who was there to meet them when they returned. It was seen by all as not only as an American accomplishment but on behalf of the world. In American history books it was "mankind" went to the moon. Not even America went to the moon. We saw it as a continuation of advances throughout history....gemoetry from Greeks and Arabs, Newton, the airplane, etc. 

If we don't get back to that type of thinking about a few things, we will slide into those nations that "used to be". 

Healthcare.
Why do the politicians get super healthcare for life while Joe the plumber doesn't have decent and affordable healthcare?

Social Security
Why do the politicians have there lush retirements and Joe the plumber has to struggle and scrape by on social security?

First order of business ALL politicians have the same healthcare and retirement (social security) as the citizens of the USA.

The list of unjust and unfair government practices in the USA is a long one and priorities must be set and progress closely tracked.

I just watched Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 and the comments I have are better here than in the movies thread. ::  of note ::

votes in 2016, Trump ~63 million, Hillary ~66 million, nonvotes ~100million,  and how many young people will turn 18 by 2020?

I also note that when the Reichstag was burned down in 1933  Hitler used a state of emergency to ban the communists and remove their seats, enabling him to take complete power.

Trump suggesting he'll declare a state of emergency to build his wall, might not be for the wall. Could be to build on the Patriot Act...

18 hours ago, cavanami said:

Healthcare.
Why do the politicians get super healthcare for life while Joe the plumber doesn't have decent and affordable healthcare?

Social Security
Why do the politicians have there lush retirements and Joe the plumber has to struggle and scrape by on social security?

First order of business ALL politicians have the same healthcare and retirement (social security) as the citizens of the USA.

The list of unjust and unfair government practices in the USA is a long one and priorities must be set and progress closely tracked.

Because they decide their own benefits. Congress creates its own salary and benefits. It has to be made part of a budget that the President must sign but it can be overrriden if its vetoed. The only entity in America other than can vote itself its own salary that off someone else's money. 

A CEO ro business owner who creates his own company can do that because its his. In case that example is put forward to contradict it. 

It's why I think there should be a movement that whatever state or district voted you they and they alone should be responsible for their representative's salary and benefits. If SF and its tech billionaires want to give Pelosie a million a year and whatever, its their money. But why should the rest of us have to pay for it? She and the others are NOT there representing all of America. ONLY the President represents all of America. In their committees and such they legislate things that affect all of us but they do so under the auspices of that the legislation is good for their constituents who voted them in. 

Is it time to go for a straight popular vote? It won't help the big states as much because right now its all or nothing. New York goes blue even if 51% of the vote is Dem but if 51% of the vote is Dem in a popular vote, the Republican would actually gain if the state normally goes 60% Dem. It will force the candidates to address all Americans and some brave souls may go mining for votes in the red or blue states. 

Another thing that I would love to see both parties come together and make it apolitical is some form of uniformity in voting or at least making voting as secure as possible. We have 50 different means. Why not all agree to spend federal money making ALL of America as uniform as possible and if not all uniform as secure and advanced as possible?

Anyway, back to voting. The swing states and the concerns of the swing states get the attention of not only the candidates but also the winner once they are in office. Farmers, the auto industry and auto parts industry as well as citrus, will always get special treatment because of Iowa's caucus where they can make or break you from the start as wel as Michigan, Ohio and Florida in terms of getting elected. No one gives a shit about Kentucky or Connecticutt because they are going to be red or blue no matter what, so no need to go there. I recall Obama being chastised by Calfornia pols for not visiting there. He pretty much told them its a waste of time to go when he could be spending time in battleground states. Same with Texas, Mississippi, etc. 

On 1/7/2019 at 4:25 PM, Coss said:

I also note that when the Reichstag was burned down in 1933  Hitler used a state of emergency to ban the communists and remove their seats, enabling him to take complete power.

Trump suggesting he'll declare a state of emergency to build his wall, might not be for the wall. Could be to build on the Patriot Act...

meanwhile, Mueller...

Four court cases against Mueller: illegal leaks of the Grand Jury, Mueller's misconduct, complaint against Mueller with the Bar association, illegal surveillance, legal against Mueller seeking large ($350M) damages against Mueller personally. All will go away if Dr. Jerome Corsi will lie against President Trump.

Corsi v Mueller Legal Analysis with Special Guest Larry Klayman