Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'd forgotten that about MLK, but it may have been in part because of the "speak no ill of the dead" mentality we were raised with.  I remember that JFK was becoming less popular in the months before his assassination.  Don't forget that JFK very nearly got us into a nuclear war over Cuba, and much of the magic had worn off of "Camelot". After his death, JFK became the martyr who was going to withdraw the US from the Vietnam War etc etc. I've never seen anything to prove that he intended to do that, but it is stated by many writers today. It's seems to be PC that one must only talk about the good things our leaders did and turn a blind eye to anything that disagrees with that picture.

Fake news and media still at it...the correction....

Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips said he served in the U.S. Marines but was never deployed to Vietnam.

Leftist activist Nathan Phillips, who was presented by the corporate media as a Vietnam veteran being harassed by pro-Trump Catholic school students over the weekend in DC, never actually served in the Vietnam War, The Washington Post admitted.

Buried at the bottom of their story, WaPo quietly issued a bombshell correction to their false reporting about Phillips, admitting that he never fought in the Vietnam War and was not a “Vietnam veteran,” as dozens of other publications asserted.

“Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.”...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/01/20/it-was-getting-ugly-native-american-drummer-speaks-maga-hat-wearing-teens-who-surrounded-him/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.39dcda048f7a

I've seen a lot of the various videos. I'm not buying the "innocent" of the HS students and this is why. Unfortunately, there are some bigots who have co-opted the MAGA hat as a pseudo KKK hood of some sorts. This is a minority (no pun intended) of some of the Trump supporters. For whatever reason, and you can form your own theories, a lot of bigots have adopted the "build the wall" phrase and the wearing of MAGA hats to trigger people and scare some groups like latinos or liberals. 

These HS students can't even vote. They made a conscious effort to ALL wear MAGA hats. It's 2 years after a presidential election. Americans don't wear election paraphernalia 2 year after an election. At most we have a bumper sticker that may still be on there and during an election a sign for your candidate in your front yard that's it. We don't wear this shirts and caps 2 years after. 

These HS students wore it for a reason. They wore, as do many others, to trigger people and intimidate people in public places. As I said, they are not even old enough to vote.  Americans, culturally, do not display their ideological views in polite company and public places. The old 'never discuss religion and politics' rule. The exception with regards to Trump are his rallies which he still holds. But MAGA hats worn as if they are a NY Yankees baseball cap is not done unless you trying to trigger people. 

I don't know anything about the high school kids, who obviously are from families wealthy enough to send them to a private school. That alone alienates me from them. The look to me lot snotty rich kids.

What does piss me off is "stolen valor". This guy is a dipshit who is claiming to be what he was not. Using stolen valor for profit or advantage is in fact a punishable offense. The guy himself approached the high school students, not the other way around. He was looking for attention, and he got it. If it hadn't been for that, no national news services would have given a damn about some quite likely racist pro-Trump high school kids protesting abortion. And the reporters are saying he was singing a "native American protest song"? The guy was adopted by white parents and raised in a white household. How would he even know any Native American songs?

The guy who did this video is a retired Navy Seal who is known for exposing Stolen Valor.  In case you can't figure it out, the fact that Phillips was discharged as an E-1 private means that he had been busted down from some rank higher, in his case probably lance corporal. He was a f*ck up as a Marine and is just seeking to profit from the publicity. He obviously has no Good Conduct medal, and for some bizarre reason doesn't even have the National Defense Service medal, despite him serving during the period in which it was awarded. That sort of makes me think he'd received a bad conduct discharge, which disqualifies him from all Veterans' benefits.

Hello Lads, I'd just like to send out a big thanks to Donald Trump for fucking up America, and by extension, a lot of the world, the rich are gonna have to eat their share certificates soon, I just hope the Democrats can clean up quickly when Trumperbelle loses his wings.