Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

On 1/30/2019 at 9:27 AM, passingthru69 said:

I can't afford the Affordable Health Care

I am self employed and my wife is also on my payroll. Yes she helps me with my work.

I had a heart attack in 2014. They installed a Stent. Not fun.

That deal was over 55,000 US..

Yea here's my debit card... Not

Without knowing about details in your case : 1 stent in Germany costs you about 23000 USD. Paid for by the mandatory social health insurance. Which is 14,6 % of your salary, half of that paid by your employer. If self employed you are free to join the system.

Tell that Donald, but he would neither listen nor understand.

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

Without knowing about details in your case : 1 stent in Germany costs you about 23000 USD. Paid for by the mandatory social health insurance. Which is 14,6 % of your salary, half of that paid by your employer. If self employed you are free to join the system.

Tell that Donald, but he would neither listen nor understand.

Bubi,

You should have told Obummer....he certainly didn't understand!

• Like 1

Trump knocks his intel chiefs again:

President Donald Trump continued to disparage his intelligence officials on Thursday, and insisted "time will prove me right" on sensitive foreign policy matters like North Korea and the Islamic State...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-knocks-his-intel-chiefs-again-time-will-prove-me-right/ar-BBT0OLV

___

If I was President of the US of A and I had the inside running, from Putin, I too would say "Time will prove me right"  - because if the Intel Chiefs say "A" and Putin says he will do "B" then I am reasonably confident, that I can push "B" and boast that this is my superior judgement.

On 1/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, passingthru69 said:

I can't afford the Affordable Health Care

I am self employed and my wife is also on my payroll. Yes she helps me with my work.

I had a heart attack in 2014. They installed a Stent. Not fun.

That deal was over 55,000 US..

Yea here's my debit card... Not

My most recent Stent / array of multiple Stents  in my Right Thigh, 300mm (approx 12") in Length was 30,000THB / USD 10.000 including Surgeons fees

So, 3 Dems announce so far. Tulsi Gabbard, who I don't know a lot about (NY senator) but only that she started out fairly conservative by New York standards and over time became progressive. She is touted as "Samoan" or that POC person of color tag (looks white to me though...haha) which I personally don't like for a variety of reasons. Especially from other black people as if there is some shame in being called Black or African American and Person of Color so you are tied in with anyone of non European ancestry. But that's me, I'm "old school" been black since day one..lol..anyway, she is gonna be a mixed bag for the Dems. Big on 1st amendment in the past as well as other "conservative" views. In a year where Dems are looking for a Bernie Sanders like populist she will not go over well. 

Kamala Harris, another POC candidate, California senator. Mother Indian, father "Jamaican" which can mean anything not necessarily Black. Anyway, AG of California and prosecutor for SF and so far on black social media, she is not liked. Post Obama, he is not enjoying a great rep in the Black community. Michelle is liked way more and there are a few reasons but I won't bore you all with it. Kamala is obviously pandering for black support because she expects to get a lot of delegates out of South Carolina as well as win the California primary which has been moved up earlier in the primary process. She doesn't expect to do well in Iowa and New Hampshire. She has a record of putting a lot of people in jail, most of Black so that isn't going over well on black social media. 

Cory Booker is running and just announced yesterday. I liked him a lot years ago when he was Newark mayor but has lost a lot of his shine for me because of his history with Wall Street money. The history is understandable to some extent because Newark has a lot of issues, its a tough place .I've been there. One of the few places where people from Philly where I am from didn't want to go to as well as even New Yorkers. The place is TOUGH. haha. He did a great job there. He also asked corporations to donate and be involved in the community because they simply didnt have the money to deal with a lot of the urban issues there. Hence his involvement in Wall Street and big Pharma. I understand why he protects them. They donated to the city but at some point he has to vote what is good for the people and one of his early votes as senator was to help big Pharma.

With the possible exception of Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden, the aforementioned won't beat Trump. Even with the roller coaster ride of the last 2 years, I can't see anyone the Dems have that is a certainty to beat Trump. 

I'm a "person of color" ... sort of a pale tan. A "person of non-color" would have to be an albino.   :hmmm:

I agree that Corey Booker has turned out to be a disappointment. He has gone "establishment" like all the rest. As to Michelle, she really is an African American. Ogama is African and American. He hasn't a single slave in his paternal ancestry, but he does have some slave owners on his mother's side.

I suppose Tammy Duckworth might be worth considering, except she was born in Bangkok. Still, her father was an American and a USMC veteran. She'd be an interesting one. I've met her, and she doesn't take any crap from anyone!  :)

I think its anti American and anti democracy NOT to make election day a federal holiday if its during a work week. If not, then make a constitutional change for it to be on a weekend but then you run into problems with it being on the sabbath for Jews and Sunday for observant Christians. Making it easier to vote should be something everyone would agree with I would think? 

I do agree with him for not making it mandatory to disclose tax returns. Its an invasion of privacy. If the voters are willing to vote for someone who is keeping their finances secret then so be it. I thought Trump would drop out before submitting taxes but his supporters didn't care. Which says a lot about that type of voter frankly. It's been a tradition since Nixon was proven of tax evasion during the Watergate investigation. It wasn't prior. That said, the Clinton's in hindsight should have kept the Clinton Foundation return private as well. There is enough of a public record of someone running for office and if there is a question about someone's integrity, etc, that can only be proven by a release of information, then its that person's right not to do so while accepting that it will hurt them politically in not doing so. 

I agree on making it difficult to purge voters off rolls. The most important weapon against government is the vote. It should be something that is difficult to remove from someone. There is just too much empirical evidence that voter purges removes legal voters. That is a direct assault on Americans constitutional right. Let's be truthful, its done to limit the number of Democratic voters. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/31/politics/mcconnell-democrats-house-bill/index.html