Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Middle Earth has Voting on a Saturday and no one complains.

Vis tax returns, it would seem that both sides down here, would never attempt to get someone into Parliament, whose reputation made their tax returns, look interesting.

I've been watching a Trump impersonator's show, at Comedy Central, he's quite good, some of the jokes are for the feeble people but a few have made me ROFL.

http://www.cc.com/shows/the-president-show  at least 20 episodes. The Sarah Silverman interviews are very good.

OK Cavanami, some facts for you. Remember the failing New York Times?

In a wide-ranging interview in the Oval Office, Trump called negotiating with Congress over his border wall "a waste of time" (again), brushed off the Russia investigation and claimed that Rod Rosenstein told him he was not a target in the probe, dismissed the importance of the proposed Trump Tower his team was trying to build in Moscow during the 2016 campaign, denied he ever spoke with Roger Stone about WikiLeaks and the stolen Democratic emails, and insisted that he played no role in Jared Kushner receiving a security clearance despite concerns by both the FBI and CIA.

The interview was arranged after Trump reached out to A. G. Sulzberger, the publisher of The New York Times, inviting him for an off-the-record dinner. Sulzberger initially declined, saying he would prefer an on-the-record interview that included two of his reporters. Trump agreed. During the interview, Trump told the Times "I love this job," but also complained that he's "lost massive amounts of money" since becoming president.

He called the job of being president "one of the great losers of all time. You know, fortunately, I don't need money. This is one of the great losers of all time." ...

Just read the interview. New York Times   https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/us/politics/trump-wall-investigations-interview.html

555   and better - 

Trump took credit for popularizing the term "fake news," calling the news media "important" and "beautiful," but also "so bad" and "unfair." He called himself "a victim" of unfair coverage. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/business/media/donald-trump-interview-news-media.html

Trump claimed that the Trump Tower Moscow development was "not important" and he was "not even sure they had a site." Hundreds of pages of business documents, emails, text messages, and architectural plans, however, show that the Trump Organization proposed building the skyscraper on an industrial complex near the Moscow River.

Earlier this month, Rudy Giuliani also claimed that "No plans were ever made. for Trump Tower Moscow, despite hundreds of pages of business documents, emails, text messages, and architectural plans proving otherwise. For instance, by September 2015, an architect had completed plans for a 100 story high tower, and when Trump signed a finalized letter of intent on Oct. 28 2015, the tower would have "approximately 250 first class, luxury residential condominiums" and "approximately 15 floors" and contain "not fewer than 150 hotel rooms." The Trump team also considered an option to open "The Spa By Ivanka Trump," as well as giving a "$50 million penthouse to Putin."

Trump's lawyer characterized this by saying "the proposal was in the earliest stage" and later adding "There were no drafts. Nothing in the file." 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emmaloop/trump-moscow-site

Speaker Sanders now did find out that God himself decided Donald to become President of the United States of America. I do personally start to believe he might probably be God´s own son sent to us . Ain´t that a kick in the head ? ( Dean Martin )

But ! He should still publish his tax declaration. I insist.

2 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Speaker Sanders now did find out that God himself decided Donald to become President of the United States of America. I do personally start to believe he might probably be God´s own son sent to us . Ain´t that a kick in the head ? ( Dean Martin )

But ! He should still publish his tax declaration. I insist.

Huckery.jpg.32ead1c348c15268130080126f1402f1.jpg

This would be seen as fringe left today. I was shocked watching this. It was on a friend's timeline. I would even go as far as to say I don't agree with some of this stuff. The overall sentiment? Yes. About showing compassion. The fact is if we were all in their shoes we'd be in those caravans as well. Within America there have been great migrations. The hundreds of thousands of penniless immigrants going to the midwest and far west in the mid to late 1800s. The tens of thousands of American blacks during the 40s  going to Chicago, Detroit and other cities. The thousands of southerners to the Texas territory pre statehood. All for financial reasons, not for "freedom" but for financial reasons. So it is with 99 percent of the people who immigrated legally or otherwise from south of the border as well as from Europe with very few exceptions. We romanticize immigration in the 1800s as immigrants looking for "freedom" which if you study history is really bullshit...lol. What lack of freedom is a poor slav in his own country facing? Or a poor German? Or a poor Russian? With a few exceptions (The Irish, some Jews), the rest came to America for more money. Mexico has more people coming back than going. I've posted the links before. Why? NAFTA has created 1000s of jobs in Mexico...especially factory jobs. It's a strange effect for America. The loss of jobs in America, created a huge slowdown in illegal immigration. You can decide if it was worth it. You can make a reasonable argument either way. 

And of minor interest, but again, Trump and Russia

---

Archival footage shows Trump meeting with officials in Russia in the 1990s to discuss a possible building project in Russia. 

video at the link  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-russia-video-meeting-moscow-tower-mall-underground-1995-report-footage-archive-a8764921.html

Since when has the SOTU been about trotting out victims for public display?

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I did see, victim after victim, being held up to the glare of international coverage.. including ::

Joshua Trump, a schoolboy bullied over his name, wins fans after falling asleep at State of Union...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12201468

CBS News Instant Poll: 72% Approve Of Trump's Immigration Ideas

'CBS Evening News' anchor Jeff Glor reports in an instant poll conducted by the network, 72% of those who watched President Trump's State of the Union approved of his ideas for immigration...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/02/05/cbs_news_instant_poll_72_approve_of_trump_immigration_ideas.html