Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

It's not pretty but its politics. Obama was one of the most closely examined Presidents ever. The problem the Republicans had at the time was he was more than careful. He was a constitutional lawyer. 

The animosity in the government has pretty much stopped much work of value to be done. Blame whomever you wish but nothing of consequence gets done unless that party enjoys enough of a majority to get past dissenting votes. Not much with regards to bipartisan support as well. In some areas its crippling the function of the government. 

• Thanks 1

San Francisco’s Drug Addicts Now Outnumber High School Students

Leftist utopia turning sour

San Francisco’s drug addicts now outnumber high school students as it was revealed that the city handed out a record 5.8 million free syringes last year – about 500,000 more than in 2017.

Despite spending an extra $1.8 million dollars last year in an effort to retrieve used needles, the government handed out about 2 million more syringes than it got back.

San Francisco’s junkie population – many of whom live on the streets and use sidewalks as outdoor toilets – now stands at 24,500, an increase of 2,000 drug users since 2012 and 8,500 more people than the city’s 16,000 high school students.

Despite new Mayor London Breed’s promise to clean up the city, 9,659 calls complaining about needles littering the streets were received in 2018, an increase of a third on 2017.

The number of complaints about feces on the streets has also tripled since 2011...

Judicial Watch, Inc., a conservative, non-partisan educational foundation, promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law. Through its educational endeavors, Judicial Watch advocates high standards of ethics and morality in our nation’s public life and seeks to ensure that political and judicial officials do not abuse the powers entrusted to them by the American people. Judicial Watch fulfills its educational mission through litigation, investigations, and public outreach.

Tom Fitton: Immigration Crisis Update, House Dems Harassing Trump, Mueller/CNN Leak Investigation

On 2/8/2019 at 4:19 AM, cavanami said:

San Francisco’s Drug Addicts Now Outnumber High School Students

Leftist utopia turning sour

San Francisco’s drug addicts now outnumber high school students as it was revealed that the city handed out a record 5.8 million free syringes last year – about 500,000 more than in 2017.

Despite spending an extra $1.8 million dollars last year in an effort to retrieve used needles, the government handed out about 2 million more syringes than it got back.

San Francisco’s junkie population – many of whom live on the streets and use sidewalks as outdoor toilets – now stands at 24,500, an increase of 2,000 drug users since 2012 and 8,500 more people than the city’s 16,000 high school students.

Despite new Mayor London Breed’s promise to clean up the city, 9,659 calls complaining about needles littering the streets were received in 2018, an increase of a third on 2017.

The number of complaints about feces on the streets has also tripled since 2011...

Wow! But I'm not surprised. In many small towns in Ohio, West Virginia, etc most of the young people are on drugs or at least regular users if not full blown addicts. I wasn't around for the hippie days but from what I have been told, it was never as bad as today. Lots of pot some heroin, a bit too much but nothing like what is happening today. I never thought I'd live to see the day when something eclipsed the crack epidemic but the current opiod espidemic has the crack epidemic beat by some margin when you look at the number of addicts, size and scope. 

I'm a little perturbed at how sympathetic we are as a society to opiod abuse compared to how we treated crack addicts as a society but hopefully things change. The courts are still treating both addicts and communities a little different according to a few friends who are recovering crack addicts back in Philly but overall things are better in terms of access to treatment and public perception. 

45 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Hmm..

I'm a CPA and come back to do taxes still each year (in the states now).  My son took over my practice but I come back during the season to help, and to see family.

I'm not into political debates but this video brought me out.  I've been doing taxes since 1980.  People always complain "I got more money back last year", but they fail to look at the actual tax.  Sure if I want to withhold tens of thousands I'll get a big refund.  

I'm starting back at the office 2/18 and, if anyone is interested, I am happy to let them know how my clients fare.