Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Obama officials rushed to explain photos from 2014 that went viral showing locked-up immigrant children — and Trump's facilities look the same

The images, which the Associated Press first published in 2014, resurfaced recently for reasons that remain unclear, and quickly prompted viral outrage on Twitter. One particularly disturbing image showed two children sleeping on mattresses on the floor inside what appeared to be a cage.

A number of prominent liberals — and even a former Obama administration official — shared the photos, mistakenly believing they depicted the Trump administration's treatment of immigrant children who were forcibly separated from their parents.

https://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5?fbclid=IwAR3xvkwP3zkxFkYbsat_REi_Se3ByhGBhxDSJGZ_El5tujnPPkfQFEbdEJ8

5b0dafa31ae66245008b4885-1536-768.jpg.099c70500d23c80fe1fc6e5b2e45d28b.jpg5b0dbca41ae66248008b4823-1536-991.jpg.8526c5fee8023ec636b4989e777a721c.jpg5b0dbccf1ae66230008b4fec-1536-996.jpg.1a768f191f3625da45da682742bdf8f0.jpg

I suppose the key question is, did the administration in 2014, forcibly separate these kids from their parents, as the Trump guys are doing? or did The Obama administration, find these kids already separated and then take them into care?

Obviously, they were a group of Lost Boys who had been living with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Nothing bad could possibly happen under Obama.  :spin:

"Another former Obama official, Cecilia Muñoz, who served as the director of the White House Domestic Policy Council, offered a similar explanation to NPR.

"In 2014, we saw an enormous spike compared to what usually happens every year, in the number of kids crossing alone into the United States," she said. "And we didn't have enough shelter facilities, because we had a huge increase, so kids ended up piling up in Border Patrol lock-ups, which are no places for children."

Nearly 100 internal Trump transition team vetting documents were leaked

“President Trump has done more to improve the lives of the American people in two years—than past presidents have done in eight—and no disgruntled, establishment, D.C. swamp creature’s cowardly leaks can change that.” principal deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley   

https://www.axios.com/leaked-donald-trump-vetting-docs-hbo-6ce3cd26-1eb9-4da8-b15e-47b56020aef7.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-trump-vetting-documents-red-flags-axios-2019-6

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-transition-vetting-documents-of-nearly-100-officials-leaked-axios

'principal deputy press secretary'? Isn't that like 'Head Deputy Acting Vice Lead floor cleaner'?

Hogan Gidley  - the boy who asked Sarah Huckeree Sanders on a date in high school, was rebuffed, but still wants some...

im-37616?width=620&aspect_ratio=1.5

7 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Obviously, they were a group of Lost Boys who had been living with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. Nothing bad could possibly happen under Obama.  :spin:

Stepping away from this entertaining game of tennis, I proffer the following, that I heard on a very interesting discussion on Immigration to the USA from South America.

two interesting things caught my attention  -

1 - Murder rates in South American countries - generally - peaked about 2011-ish and have been falling off,  to today, about 2/3rds of what they were then.

2 - approx 1% of South Americans are on the move. During the Obama era, rates of South Americans presenting at the southern border were falling, In Donald's 1st year, numbers continued to fall, presumably because they thought, 'He seems scary, he looks serious", but in the last year the numbers are rising, presumably because people are less convinced, of Donald's seriousness and scariness.

on a tangential note, I went to a social occasion in Auckland here, last Saturday. It was for Immigrants to meet and greet.

As I have one (MLG) I went too. Afghanis, French, Philippines, German, Iranians, Indians and such. Tedious speeches by Local councillor and Maori, lotsa good food, interesting people.

Then as it was ending, the 7 Iranian girls (30-ish to 60-ish in years ) plugged an iPhone into the P.A. and dancing ensued, these Iranian girls are naughty naughty naughty...

Maybe outside their homeland, they get to get going....

MLG was one eyebrow up, then joined, as did all the females in the hall.

Us men, standing back, wondered what fresh hell, would be unleashed on us, when we got home... :)

• Like 1