Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

As it is, well spoken:

As we observe NATO headquarters in Belgian (European) resplendence, remember WE the USA paid for it. How? While our other "allies" can't even spend enough for their OWN obligations for their OWN self defense (2%of their GDP), WHO pays for the operations and maintenance of NATO common facilities. Guess? The US pays for 30% of the NATO infrastructure budget. But wait, there's more. NATO, as such, only OWNS one standing force which is continually under its command....the NATO Airborne Early Warning Force (NAEWF) which is a fleet of FIFTEEN AWACS aircraft for which the good ole USA ponies up 35% of the operating budget. AND, oh by the way, American maintenance and parts suppliers are precluded in participating in the ongoing maintenance of the aircraft....only European and Canadian companies need apply! Rip their asses Trump!

As we observe NATO headquarters in Belgian (European) resplendence, remember WE the USA paid for it.

If you were a US taxpayer maybe you may have a point, since you ain’t your argument is sort of invalid how much did YOU pay, square root of fuck all.

Sort of “If my auntie had balls she would be my uncleâ€argument

Also IRS rates are a lot lower than UK HMRC rates, what US is 22% up to $82,500 and 24% to $157,500 where as the UK is 40% on anything over $61,170.

So bringing Taxation to the debate for yourself personally is a Straw Man argument

I do pay taxes every year.

Anyone who has ample income derived in the USA, will pay taxes.

USA income is: banking interest, pensions, US social security, profits on stock sales, stock dividends to name a few.

UK citizens, if not in the UK, pay taxes?

USA citizens, even if not in the USA, will pay taxes as I said.

UK citizens, if not in the UK, pay taxes

Depends on status, if own property or shares liable to tax on profits from such. Not so sure on imcome tax rules now, it used to be 90 days out / 21 in for tax free status but it has been 3 decades since I was involved in that.

The US is one of the few countries that taxes foreign earned income, though their currently is an exemption on the first $100,000 or so.

I've always been safely exempt. :( However, it's the reason that multimillionaire Bill Heinecke and other high income earners have given up their US citizenship. Heinecke lives here and makes his money here, with no intention of ever returning home. He's now a naturalised Thai and has saved himself a small fortune in US taxes.

Nevertheless, if you are a US citizen with any income earned inside the States, you'll be taxed on that no matter where you live. A buddy has to pay taxes on his pension from teaching in North Carolina, even though he hasn't set foot in the state for over 10 years.

It doesn't matter where you live, IRS is determined to get its pound of flesh.

UK tax laws are such that everyone is assessed on their specific status. A prime requirement for paying income tax is that the income which is taxed should arise in the UK. However if your residential status can be shown as other than what is classified as UK resident, and there I think it is still less than 90 days in UK on average in a tax year. They did change the rules on when you could apply for this so it only kicks in after about 18 months now whereas before you could get it pretty much immediately. You also need to show that you don't have anything like property in UK, or income from renting out a property in UK. Really quite complex and variable depending on individual circumstances though the basic premise is this. If you can show that you are, to the UK tax authorities satisfaction, non-resident such that they will change your personal tax code to NR or ZR then you pay no UK income tax whatsoever. Says he who has worked and been paid by UK companies for many years and yet been a a non tax payer for the last 3 decades.