Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

p.s. I wonder if Obama could be considered a failed attempt to become an anchor baby.   :hmmm:

Anchor baby became a negative term when pregnant Mexican women started slipping across the border so their child would become a US citizen and thus allow her family to stay. I've never heard it used for the children of legal immigrants, except by those supporting the "rights" of illegals of course.

I have read a lot about immigration in America. What prompted it was a book by Thomas Sowell called Ethnic America (https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ethnic-america-thomas-sowell/1100923409 he's a fantastic researcher and a brilliant man who I vehementally disagree with ideologically....full disclosure). For a time I read a lot about the huge European immigratin of the 1800s and early 1900s. 

What is never ever discussed is that EVERY single issue about immigration was discussed 150 years ago. And as hard as it is to believe it was a much larger issue 150 years ago. Much larger. It was the single defining issue post Civil War. Even pre Civil War it was as important as slave vs non slave states in the north. 

The very same arguments made against immigration was being made then. There was no such thing as illegal immigration because open borders was basically part of America and most countries in Europe with a natural border or a port. The number of people coming in made it a necessity to record certain information. 

I've stated this a few times before. The immigrants of the mid 1800s and thereafter were far, far more dangerous than the latinos of today. They controlled whole parts of all the major cities. There were whole neighborhoods that came down with diseases and where over half the people died and the cities would literally quarantine a whole area for fear of it spreading to the rest of the city. Basically an enclosed settlement. There were parts of the city where English was clearly either a second language or not even spoken. Todays, Little Italy, Chinatown, etc are all celebrated and visited as tourist attractions but were once 'no go zones' literally. 

Women, daughters and even boys prostituted themselves in order to eat and get money for their families. Many wives and daughters, by the 1000s were on street corners and back alleys all over NYC selling themselves. Families lived in one room, several at a time, one bathroom down the hall for multiple families. 

The modern IQ test traces its routes to groups who argued against immigration because they were "dullards" and inherently criminal minded (the Irish were especially charged with this). Juvenile detention and compulsory education for children were a direct result of 1000s of kids who roamed the streets in gangs.  

These days are romanticized now but the cities of yesteryear and even some of the outlying areas were dangerous, disease ridden, non English speaking. Nothing today, not MS 13 who no one heard of prior to Trump, compared to those times. None. 

For me the irony is that the progeny of these same immigrants are saying the same exact thing about today's immigrants. Oh, the sweet irony (and hypocracy). 

Progressives don't want open borders. I defy anyone to find an elected politician who will say that. In today's world, especially a post 9/11 world its asinine. 

Both parties can come together for reasonable and effective border control. Both parties have come together for such issues before. Inflammatory, xenophobic speeches to get votes aren't helpful. The irony is that the people who live among the immigrants are the most progressive about immigration and foreigners. NYC, Los Angeles, Miami, have tons of foreigners and immigrants but legal and illegal. Giuliani is a hypocrite when it comes to immigration https://www.newsday.com/opinion/commentary/rudy-giuliani-immigrants-1.19501623

The build the wall thing is symbolic. It's Trump speaking extemporaneously without any research. Lets at least be honest about it. Whisper it quietly but it resonated with many Democrats as well to some extent. But the manner in which its being carried and talked about only invites unconscionable acts like the separation of children from their mothers or parents. There is no excuse for that. None, especially when its done as retaliation. Whether its Obama or Trump doing it. We should be better than that. 

Then you had things like this, really good for international relations. In fact one reason the Dominion of Canada was formed was to unite against these raids.

"Between 1866 and 1871, the Fenian raids of the Fenian Brotherhood, an Irish Republican organization based in the United States, on British army forts, customs posts and other targets in Canada, were fought to bring pressure on Britain to withdraw from Ireland. They divided Catholic Irish-Canadians, many of whom were torn between loyalty to their new home and sympathy for the aims of the Fenians. The Protestant Irish were generally loyal to Britain and fought with the Orange Order against the Fenians. While the U.S. authorities arrested the men and confiscated their arms, there is speculation that some in the U.S. government had turned a blind eye to the preparations for the invasion, angered at actions that could have been construed as Canadian assistance to the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War. There were five Fenian raids of note and all of them ended in failure."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_raids

The Battle of the Hot, Right Wing Talking Heads

Tomhi Lahren and Candace Owens have taken their 'feud' to a new level. It's public. Tomhi now getting on Candace for the Kanye fiasco and it is a fiasco. As much as I hate her, Ann Coulter is intelligent. Tomhi and Candace? I'd love to have a very public debate with either or both in an ideological threesome (excuse me while I take several minutes in private fantasizing me banging Candace while Tomhi is "helping" and yelling for me to  'don't fuck her conservatively'...whew...that was good, okay I'm back"). 

Anyway, they both look hot, sound good but aren't really saying anything profound other than talking points. I wouldn't send either to a debate with any prominent progressive who is nimble with the facts. 

Tomhi is a true believer. Candace? hmmm...no, in my opinion. She's there for the money (and fame). Why do I say that? Tomhi has been saying conservative things for a time. Candace had an anti Trump blog for the first half of 2016 and pretty much overnight went pro Trump the 2nd half of 2016. People don't change their ideology so quickly. It's a process. You go through a period where you are searching, have self doubts and then make the switch. It happened with me. It was a long process. It doesn't happen in a day or week. Candace is making big bucks with Turning Point USA, which is funded by mega rich Charlie Kirk. I knew she wasn't an intellectual heavyweight when she was on Joe Rogan and she looked real silly disagreeing with him on climate change. See below.

There are a few conservatives, quasi alt right, all young who have gone after Candace as a fake conservative, there for the money and not a true believer. Such as Blair White below. Who is a transgender right winger...yeah, I know, I was "fooled" too. lol

Tomhi holds her own to some extent but pretty much regurgitates main talking points, gets some facts terribly wrong. She stays safely in her own space and doesn't go to Politicon and other places where you really have to get your facts straight. Her only real 'debate" happened hip hop talking head, Charlamagne da God, (yes, that's his name..its hip hop, its normal...haha). And the reason why I think she did kinda, sorta debate him is because well, he's smart, I'm not saying he isn't, but he's also not exactly Dr. Eric Dyson or Roland Martin either. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/candace-owens-drags-tomi-lahren-for-kanye-west-crack