Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

5 hours ago, cavanami said:

The cabinet serves at the pleasure of the President. He can hire/fire as needed. Nothing illegal.

No one said that firing Sessions was illegal, it has just been suggested that the temporary replacement, has not bee confirmed or ratified or what ever it is that folk need to be, to get the top jobs, it's that part that may be illegal. Whether Trump is having his pleasure or not.

You gotta admire the balls on Trump. I gotta admit I grudgingly admired a guy who was out of a 'give a fucks' to a certain degree, good, bad or indifferent. That said, its his press conference and trying to be objective as possible, a reporter or two was 'badgering' the President. Have other Presidents been badgered? I'm sure they have and Trump should handle it better. But everyone should have already known he is not going to go with the traditional polite, reserved if not tense responses. The people voted for him and they knew what they were getting. I'm similar to the President in one thing. I'm out of 'give a fucks' myself. If it all ends in disaster, I am not going to be empathetic to my fellow Americans. At this point, I'm trying to make sure I'm set well for the future and by extension those I love. 

Then one thing that is glaring though is the hypocrisy if any one else on the left says/acts the same. Maxine Waters talks tough but she's inciting folks to violence. The same rhetoric is dismissed on the right even though there are far, far more people triggered and have acted violently. 

When it gets hot its generalized as we have ALL lost civility. 

I don't admire, I like to point out his unsuitability for public life, or any life other than the car salesman bully that he seems to be.

I watched the press conference. Other presidents have been badgered undoubtedly, and the others all possessed the verbal skills to shut down a reporter without having to get into a schoolyard, "you put the microphone down" repeatedly. And then sending a girl to wrestle the microphone from the reporter. Trump also nearly walked out a couple of times, but taking a couple of steps, realising how this would look (retreat), did not do so. 

Sarah Huckery Sanders describing the microphone 'wrestling' as an assault on the girl by the male reporter, is beyond the pale, she then posted a doctored video to support her claims. Google it if you're interested.

On this theme, I can remember watching other Trump public press conferences ( there have not been many) wherein the Huckery Sanders tactic, when Trump didn't want to answer, or wanted to end, was to (along with other female staff) shout at the reporters,  "time to go" etc etc, but loudly and repeatedly, so as to drown out the reporters.

This mob really are not able to conduct then selves in a dignified manner.  America be proud.

Yes, but as an outsider, the entertainment value is good. Excepting the damage this mob may do to the world. 

This is interesting

Progressive groups are calling for nationwide protests today at 5 p.m. local time to demand protection for Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling and possible collusion with the Trump campaign. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-protests/activists-call-for-nationwide-protests-to-protect-mueller-investigation-idUSKCN1ND11H

My personal take on the Mueller thing is that if Trump really does try to shut down Mueller, and I think he will, the findings of the whole Mueller investigation will get a lot more public than they otherwise might have...

The good news out of this election is that non politicians are competing and winning

https://www.businessinsider.com/2018-midterms-8-new-scientists-elected-to-house-senate-2018-11?utm_content=buffer5442c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-ti&fbclid=IwAR3JcPjD7BeW0stPpiKMqBx0gALjnz8YtymffaRuz6ARHtFtfAKYG9HlgT8

The one thing "good" about Trump's election was that a person who wasn't a career politician or wanted to be, won the highest office. We can debate if its the right or wrong non politician but the election made it easier for the next one, hopefully we'll get it right...hehehe

18 minutes ago, Coss said:

Progressive groups are calling for nationwide protests today at 5 p.m. local time to demand protection for Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling and possible collusion with the Trump campaign. 

I'm kinda like 'meh' on these protests. Vote and win a friggin election is how you protest. If either enough people didn't get out to vote or too many people want the opposite, then it is what it is. 

• Like 1

The Huckery Sanders doctored video, side by side with the real one, (Huckery got hers from infowars)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/donald-trumps-america/108472110/white-house-shares-doctored-video-to-support-punishment-of-cnn-journalist

"I'm kinda like 'meh' on these protests. Vote and win a friggin election is how you protest. If either enough people didn't get out to vote or too many people want the opposite, then it is what it is. "  yep, but for us couch surfers, it's the opening act before the main game.

If the protest is big enough that is... If it's six ugly students, then, not so much ...

Its going to be interesting for the future of American politics now that all standards have been removed from the process. There will be a Democratic version of Trump eventually. Reminds one if you study history of the decline of the quality of Roman emperors when traditions were ignored.