Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

no-trans.jpg.8f97817f081f38e3b42ef02af76a3c86.jpg

Noting that the phone call is only one part, of the Whistle Blower's complaint, there is more, of course there is more...

Unclassifiedukrainetranscript09.2019.pdf

more at

https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/Unclassifiedukrainetranscript09.2019.pdf

excerpt

"The President: Good. Well,. thank you very much and I appreciate that. I will tell Rudy and Attorney General Barr to.· call. Thank you. Whenever you would like -to come to the White House,.·feel ·free to call. ·Give us a date and we'll work that. out. I look forward to seeing you."

KarlLaugh.gif

Just saw the abridged version of the conversation with the Ukrainian leader. As objectively as I can state, it looks very, very bad. It looks a dead to rights impeachment case. It doesn't have to be a quid pro quo (that aid was withheld for a favor to take down a political rival) just asking to do it is impeachable. Now, will he get convicted in the Senate. I doubt it. Lets be honest, doesn't matter how clear cut it is, there will not be close to enough Senate Republicans to vote for conviction. 

Similarly (to be fair) did Senate Dems vote for Clinton's conviction. I disagreed with the impeachment of Clinton purely on the merits by the way. Yes, he lied under oath. A crime. And some would say clear cut impeachable offense but my rudimentary constitutional law class that I got a well earned C+ in 😁, impeachment is for acts done by abusing the power and office of the Presidency. Clinton lied in a deposition for a personal matter. He was not giving a deposition as President but as Bill Clinton private citizen. The president is both a political figure and a private citizen. Acts done as a private citizen are punished in that manner. Acts done acting as President are impeached. Two prior precedents support this. The Burr vs Hamilton duel was a duel committed by the sitting Vice President (Burr) vs the sitting Secretary of the Treasury (Hamilton). The duel was done in NJ, where it is illegal. The state of NJ issued a warrant to Congress to extradite Burr back to NJ to stand trial. The Congress told the state of NJ that Burr went to the duel acting on behalf of his own honor and not representing the office of the Vice President so they declined the warrant for arrest. Second, Nixon was found to have committed tax evasion during the Watergate investigation and tax evasion was originally part of the articles of impeachment by the Dems. The Republicans successfully had it removed arguing that Nixon evaded taxes as a private citizen. He was not acting on behalf of the office when he allegedly evaded taxes and it was removed. Therefore, Clinton's impeachment based on those precedents should not have stood for perjury. The lawsuit was a civil suit against him when he was governor of Arkansas NOT as President. He should not have been impeached for actions of perjury acting on his civil lawsuit as a private citizen. If you can impeach a President for private actions, then in theory, you can impeach him for jaywalking while on vacation.

Anyway, the Republicans won't convict but even if they don't, I think it's important for the Congress to draw articles of impeachment for any violation that merits it despite the probability it will not come to fruition. If we are a nation of laws, then we must act on it. I say that not because I want to see Trump impeached but for the principles the country was founded on. No matter who is President. I thought Obama committed impeachable offenses with the drone strikes of U.S. citizens. Ex judicial murder is ex judicial murder even if the ones being killed are the lowest scum Americans who have allied with ISIS and other terrorists. 

'Noting that the phone call is only one part, of the Whistle Blower's complaint, there is more, of course there is more...'

I've just seen that Schiff and others, have seen the full complaint, in private. Their demeanour, leads me to think, that the Ukraine phone call, is just the tip of the frozen urine iceberg.

My prediction, Trump will be impeached over this Ukraine matter, so that the rest of the issues, don't have to be made public, or he will go in another way. But we'll prolly never know (in the next 5 years) all of what he's been up to.

Get ready for another nothing burger!

Trump will crash the economy...didn't happen
Trump colluded with the Russians...didn't happen
Trump will start WW III...didn't happen

Sorry CS, there will be no impeachment, not even close. Please provide where in the US Constitution it states that the phone call to the Ukraine was illegal....waiting...

President Trump has been the only president to stand up to China, the US deep state and so many others...so of course "they" are after him!!!

3 hours ago, cavanami said:

President Trump has been the only president to stand up to China, .......

Sir, would you be so kind to list one or more results in favour of the US which could be seen right now? As much as I agree with the Donald on this matter. Known to me are only price increases at the Walmart outlets and farmers heavily supported by the deep state to cover their losses.

"Please provide where in the US Constitution it states that the phone call to the Ukraine was illegal....waiting..."

Doesn't have to be illegal for impeachment  this is as plain as day and I'm not even a red neck American - Cav, get an education.

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

Sir, would you be so kind to list one or more results in favour of the US which could be seen right now? As much as I agree with the Donald on this matter. Known to me are only price increases at the Walmart outlets and farmers heavily supported by the deep state to cover their losses.

The game is still on and far too early to call a winner. I was in Texas at a Walmart a few weeks ago and there are no price increases that I saw. Stay tuned...

37 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

" Walmart, America's largest retailer, said Thursday it will raise prices on some products as a result of the Trump administration's tariffs on Chinese goods. "

CNN on May 16th. Note: I learned already CNN are fake biased crooked witchhunt news all the way, but here they QUOTED WALMART.

Nope, I didn't see any price increases. Did I check all 888,888 items, nope. Walmart had plenty of shoppers so their business was good. I would suggest that the crap products sold at Walmart, people don't buy so no impact on the shoppers. Walmart sells much more then products from China so again, no impact on the shoppers. The news media acts like Walmart only sells China products but this would be totally untrue.