Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Bubi,

The treason you kindly defined for us,,,

In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the US, or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. Conviction requires two witnesses or a confession in open court.

Other definitions:
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
the action of betraying someone or something.
criminal disloyalty to the state
attempting to overthrow its government

So you might want to concentrate on the message and not the messenger,,,

Biden is no longer the Democratic front runner anyway. He is 3rd in most polls behind Warren and Sanders. Personally I think Trump would beat Biden (and Warren) anyway. It would be close but I think he'd win, which attests to just how rabid his support is given the torrent of allegations that are coming his way. But he'd lose to Sanders. That's my guess. 

That said, doing business in another country isn't treason. If that was the case, indict every American based multi-national corporation. I will say this, the American government has committed a form of it since the early 90s with regards to China. A lot of China's technological advances were done with the blessing and encouragement of the government, both parties. America has allowed companies to share or sell sensitive technological advances with China. The government has allowed universities such as MIT, Cal Tech, University of Chicago to have research projects funded by Chinese government front companies under the proviso that any new discoveries or advancements gets shared. 

China has also stolen a lot of technology as well. However, we keep allowing them access to the best and brightest. I don't care if a country is an ally, America shouldn't be allowing anyone access to these advancements. The reason China has a stealth plane is in part "legally" acquired technology along with stolen information.

I watch TYT, a progressive, "alternative" media show that has grown in prominence to be regarded as a credible news source. I don't agree with some things but they do provide some insight mainstream media doesn't. I've seen their main hosts on stages with Tucker Carlson, and others. They are a well known entity within journalistic circles. However, to be honest Cav, I've never heard of the sources (Black Patriot and others) you have sited. I'm not saying their information isn't true, but they aren't regarded as 'credible' sources either. Trump has made Breitbart and other once considered 'fringe' sources 'mainstream' so its possible for this guy and the others to be 'mainstreamed' possibly at some point. Part of being regarded as a credible news source is that the actual leakers and anonymous sources go to you with information out of the White House or Congress. There is a reason the New York Times or the Washington Post get undisclosed information close to the reigns of power. And not a guy with a backdrop in his garage or spare bedroom. Opinion? Okay, everyone is entitled to one but its just that. Hannity is so biased he is no longer considered a journalist. At some point the same can possibly be said of Don Lemon at CNN who obviously has an agenda. I like Rachel Madow but she comes off as that as well. Her views are reasoned and backed by known facts where one can make logical inferences from. Perhaps the same can be said of Black Patriot. That's up to the listener. 

He makes inferences gleamed from facts, but they aren't facts. 

…just one final thing to get my head around this. Not to pick on you Cav but I found Trump's actions with that phone call and the surrounding and yet to be unearthed facts of this matter suggests at a bare minimum it warrants a serious investigation that may lead to impeachment. 

With that in mind, if the same exact circumstances had been by Obama, would you feel the same? That's pretty much my litmus test for anyone taking a side, if in all honesty they would say the same if it happened to their person or the opposing party. 

Steve, you are using reasoned argument - this will go nowhere with Cav.

Maybe if you found someone, screaming about some flat earth conspiracy theory, that was wearing a pro Trump badge, Cav would take your posts seriously.

Whereas I and others of the brain-alive world, consider your posts well thought out and reasoned.

Hey Cav, this is from Fox News, so it is the gospel truth, so help me god...

...you may wish to go, to your nearest hospital, before reading it, in case you need emergency treatment afterwards.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mary-anne-marsh

Mary Anne Marsh: All roads lead to Donald Trump as more learned in impeachment inquiry

I totally agree with the Republicans actually. An impeachment is  political event and the public should be involved to some extent with the process if you are advocating that you want to overturn an election. However, I have zero sympathy for the Republicans because they have done similar things in other Congressional issues when they were in power. I would be shocked if they didn't employ the same tactics were the roles reversed. 

This is one of those things where your past acts justify what the opposition can now do. This also addresses why I caution Trump supporters with regards to blatant disrespect to the office and the violation of gray areas and seemingly outright breaches of the law. At some point, a left version of Trump will come along and the Republicans will have a short memory of when they ignored their own. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-infuriated-by-schiffs-secrecy-193644149.html

Republicans infuriated by Schiff's secrecy

Earlier this week, former White House official Fiona Hill testified for 10 hours before Congress as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Trump’s conduct. Her testimony before three House panels was not open to the public. It was not broadcast on C-Span. And when it was finished, there was no transcript.

Details did leak, however, in publications like the New York Times and the Washington Post. They depicted Hill, who served until recently as a Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, as worried that Rudy Giuliani, a personal lawyer for Trump, was meddling in that country’s affairs.

The impeachment inquiry is based on what Democrats say is an improper and illegal attempt by Trump to have the Ukrainians investigate Joe Biden’s son Hunter, who had business dealings there. Trump and the White House have denied those claims.

That pattern of secrecy and strategic leaks has enraged congressional Republicans, who charge that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff are seeking to remove the president from office while circumventing the kind of public accounting that an impeachment should involve.

Republicans know that making their case will be difficult on constitutional grounds, and their strongest argument may be with appearances.

One Republican staffer involved in the impeachment process, and who could only speak to Yahoo News on the condition of anonymity, complained that Democrats were using “brute force” by not allowing the minority party to call its own witnesses behind closed doors, like Hill and Kurt Volker, the former special envoy to Ukraine.

8 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

…just one final thing to get my head around this. Not to pick on you Cav but I found Trump's actions with that phone call and the surrounding and yet to be unearthed facts of this matter suggests at a bare minimum it warrants a serious investigation that may lead to impeachment. 

With that in mind, if the same exact circumstances had been by Obama, would you feel the same? That's pretty much my litmus test for anyone taking a side, if in all honesty they would say the same if it happened to their person or the opposing party. 

CS

So the commander in chief of the USA cannot make a phone call to another country's officials?

You want a liar like Biden to run for president?

How much $$$ has Biden spent on his campaign? almost $1M on private jets? No way I want this azzclown running the USA!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden-bleeding-cash-spent-163455869.html

2 minutes ago, cavanami said:

CS

So the commander in chief of the USA cannot make a phone call to another country's officials?

You want a liar like Biden to run for president?

How much $$$ has Biden spent on his campaign? almost $1M on private jets? No way I want this azzclown running the USA!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden-bleeding-cash-spent-163455869.html

C'mon Cav, lets be intellectually honest. What was discussed is what is at issue here. And it has NOTHING to do with Biden's character or guilt.