Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"While Rome burns and Ner plays the fiddle....." and the only news for today is Obamas birth certificate.

It must be nice living in the almost perfect world. If Obama was not here it would be.

I still haven't been told the name of the capital of Africa. You would think somebody would know that answer.

'As the World Turns...."

If there is something up with O's birth cert, couldn't he get the best forged copy made? or did they make these errors on purpose so to give it some reverse psychology spin to the matter :dunno:

IMO, very strange...

Probably get one made at Khao Sarn Road, if need to. :D

Read up on the history of the birther thingy on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama_birth_certificate

even more convinced its BS even though I thought so originally.

Trump? I won't take him serious as a candidate. Isn't he the one that has had companies he controlled file for BK? More than once if I recall. This is the man I want to run the country. A man who bankrupted his own company?

Ron Paul or nothing of the Republican candidates for me.

>>Obie finally comes clean.

...What has Obama to "come clean" about?

It's just the old debating fallacy.. create a false assertion then put the onus on the accused to disprove something that was false in the first place.

BTW, Have you stopped beating your wife yet, Flasher?

It's the cracked tea pots who have egg on their spouts.

Have they pursued the birth certificates of McCain and Palin with the same over exuberant enthusiam?

.... I wonder why not? Wouldn't be anything to do with the colour of their skin I suppose. :hmmm:

Trump claims he wants to make the USA a proud nation once more.

He and the birthers are making it a laughing stock.

:beer:

Guest lazyphil

repubs had blacks in high office before dems showed their minority crdentials. powel and rice. this is not about racism!....replying to nobody in particular

Bill Maher is at least interesting, but around town he has the rep of being a self-abosrbed asshole off set. Several people have quit his program and say he's an egomaniacal dickhead off camera. Typical hollywood.

Robaus: people sling the racist card too casually when it comes to Obama. Yeah, there are definitely racists who oppose him, but you can't discount every criticism that you deem as bullshit to also be racist. If Clarence Thomas was in the white house you best believe the left would be pursuing agendas like the 'birther' one. Not everyone who doesn't like Obama is a racist. And not everyone who supports him isn't. Compredez sir? Life is a little more nuanced than that.

Steve...

I never signed on to the birther issue, though I thought it fascinating. Trump? Nah...he isn't a serious candidate. The Donald loooooooves the spotlight. Right now, he can get it cuz nobody else is really playing an "attack dog" role. He does that well. (And yeah, at least one of his companies, and maybe he personally, filed for bankruptcy.) While Trump is high in the polls, that won't last after others enter the fray. I heard a commentator suggest that the reason why Trump is popular right now is that he is speaking to the concerns of the average voter (aside from the birther issue). He is voicing the despair and anger of millions of voters.

LP...you're right. The race card is one which is played out of desperation when no other explanation can be swallowed or admitted.

dave32...I agree, Maher is entertaining. Though as an unabashed liberal, he only really appeals to that audience, but generally requires sarcasm in making his points. In the other corner is Dennis Miller, who I think is equally funny and can be equally cutting in his political assessments while being much more witty. I'd pay to see those guys on the same stage at the same time and go "mano a mano". It would be a classic. 55555555555555

HH