Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

20 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

He's impeached PM. The delay ha ZERO to do with the strength of the case, its a tactic to help the Democrats in the Senate. It won't matter, the Republicans control the vote but the delay is the Democrats in the House of Representatives trying to help the Democrats in the Senate. Specifically because the Senate majority leader has unabashedly said he is partisan and will work with the defense in rigging the trial. No witnesses that the Dems want, things like that. And the delay is to try to force Dems being able to provide a strong case. 

CS

ROTFLMAO

Dream on....your hatred for President Trump overrides any logical thinking you may possess.

How about a gentleman's bet...put your money where your mouth...a cold beer at Soi 22 or nearby?

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

My money is on  that there will be no impeachment

Trump is already impeached you absolute moron. What you are trying to say, is there will be no removal from office. And that my stupid friend, is dependent on Trump making it through the next 2~3 weeks without losing the plot and going apeshit like one of his followers.

Oh and also we are seeing daily, new revelations, that make his future look very dim, specifically Russian Oligarchs funding Giuliani's work for Trump... and that was just today.

24 minutes ago, cavanami said:

Dream on....your hatred for President Trump overrides any logical thinking you may possess.

Actually Steve has it right, Cav you're in denial.

And none of us hate Trump, we just think he's as stupid as you.

While I think re-election of Trump is a distinct possibility, it won't be easy for him. If you take all the elections since 2016  in aggregate, Republicans lost a lot of ground. 2020 will be about turnout. What the Dems haven't been good at is thwarting voter suppression efforts from the Republicans through gerrymandering, voter ID laws, and the like. 

Republicans are great at politicking. You have to give them that. I'm not in any way saying they are ethical about it but they get things done. They usually don't go through messy infighting, they have their candidate while in primary so that things are lined up in the general elections against Democrats. 

Democrats practice unethical politics on each other (Hillary paying off the DNC's debts so they will cheat Bernie out of the nomination, her getting the questions for the debate prior) but not in the general election. Both parties are corrupt. Republicans are just far more unethical, immoral and evil about it all. 

Almost every niche will be out in numbers in the 2020 election. Surprisingly, there may be a few groups here and there not voting. Among them, Blacks, there is a current malaise from a number of articles I've read because its felt the Democrats have underserved and have taken the vote for granted. 

However, I expect record turnout for young voters, Republicans as well but I suspect the "Obama" Trump voters, those that voted for Obama twice in places like Ohio and Wisconsin will not vote for Trump a second time. They have not gotten anything for their vote. 

All this depends on who the Democrats run. I still think Bernie is the best shot. If its Bernie the big Dem donors will not put money in the DNC. But Sanders won't need the Wall Street money to have an effective campaign. 

4 hours ago, Pom Michael said:

Impeached - or maybe not? 

I was being facetious - I guess it didn't come through.

Yes, The President has been Impeached.  Only 3rd time it has happened in 232 years (The Constitution signed in 1787 as the start date).

Speaker Pelosi has pulled an absolute dozy!  I think a three week delay now due to the holidays will provide enough Twitter fodder for this thread to hit 1,500 pages (shows 1,361 on my screen now)!

Enjoy the holidays!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dont-let-mitch-mcconnell-conduct-a-potemkin-impeachment-trial/2019/12/16/71a81b30-202f-11ea-a153-dce4b94e4249_story.html 

Longer impeachment stays in the news the worse it is for Trump. Only your more ardent supporters feel comfortable voting for an impeached person. Trump will lose a lot of the peripheral supporters. The ones who were turned off by his personality and rhetoric and voted for purely economic reasons. 

Trump didn't change the economy much. 40% of Americans have trouble with paying more than $400 for an emergency. The masses are in hock up to the hilt. Record personal debt: credit cards, car loans, student loans, all at least 1.5 trillion worth each. Unprecedented. That dwarfs the economic conditions leading up to the 2008. 

Obama's recovery wasn't as strong as the numbers suggested. Trump jumped on that and he was right at the time. He is touting the 'best economy ever' and its all completely bullshit. The debt is growing at a faster rate than Obama. The unemployment rate is low (as it was the same under Obama) because people are having to work at 2 jobs. https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/06/about-thirteen-million-united-states-workers-have-more-than-one-job.html

The ones at the very top are doing extremely well. The 3 richest Americans are worth than the bottom 50%. Its' truly a have vs have nots society. Many of my friends who thought were doing well are struggling month to month. I am visiting LA for the holidays and the cost of living is crazy. People are stressed. 

The Dems may give the election to Trump again because their leadership are the pockets of groups with the money (Wall Street, big business, billionaires, Hollywood, etc.). It's possible for Biden to beat Trump but it will be hair close. I don't think Warren will beat him either. Men don't like her. For whatever reason. She doesn't have as many women voters as one would think either. Mayor Pete won't beat him. Gay groups and the media want him to be the nominee or VP choice very, very badly. They feel its 'their time'. Blacks got Obama for historic reasons and now they want theirs. I'm just being frank from what I'm hearing from gay friends in LA who are telling me what is being said among them. 

I will say this. The fact that an openly gay man is leading the Democratic race in Iowa is amazing. Iowa! Iowa is where gays leave to come to LA to live openly. It's surreal and shows how America can occupy two divergent spaces at once. One totally fascist and the other totally progressive. It also addresses the chasm of voters. 

Who can beat Trump handily? Sanders. Sanders will win Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania if he ran. And probably Virginia, Colorado, and possibly Florida. 

Not very effective - using a partisan conservative, opinionated conspiracy advocate to push your position? 

Thomas J. Fitton is the president of Judicial Watch, an American conservative activist group.

Fitton is prominent for criticizing Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States presidential election; he has claimed that the investigation is a "coup" against U.S. President Donald Trump and called for it to be shut down.[1]

Fitton rejects the scientific consensus on climate change; under his tenure, Judicial Watch has filed lawsuits against climate scientists.[2][3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Fitton

Even better is all the FAKE claims from his organization. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch

Edited by Pom Michael
added more