Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I was going to make a post about some good things Trump has done. Nixon actually had a slew of progressive enactments (endangered species act, handicap access to public buildings, etc.). Very left of center at the time. His strategy in politics was to be far to the right in the Republican primaries to get the base and win the nomination. Go to the center in the national election and get the independents and govern from left of center when he can. It worked. 

Anyway, I was trying to find some things Trump has done that I agreed with. Maybe there are some but all I could do was think of well meaning things that I agree with but his execution made a mess of it. China trade imbalance is well meaning and needed attending to and he messed that up. Addressing North Korea. It's worse now. Making the responsibility of NATO more uniform. But he has alienated allies we need. NAFTA trade deal with Canada and Mexico. The deal when analyzed wasn't much of an improvement if any. Detaching us from Syria, which ended up with us leaving an ally vulnerable and breaking promises. 

I am not giving him credit for the unemployment rate. It was heading down anyway, just part of a trend under Obama. But to be fair, traditionally the President in office gets credit so technically one could say its a win. Anything else? Seriously, I'm at pains to think of something. The stock market I guess. He gave the super rich a tax cut that they poured into buying stocks. Big companies didn't reinvest into their facilities and hire more people. The CEOs used it to prop up the share prices that their compensation packages were based on. 

As for as organized religion, I will also say I have huge problems with the traditional black church as well. There is simply not enough money funneled back to the often poor, disenfranchised community that gave them their wealth in the first place and I've grown totally disillusioned by them. If you can't take care of your own, what the early church did, then you get zero respect. 

So, I just wanted to be fair and balanced. The fundamentalists, almost exclusively white, have their obvious issues, but so do the black church for other reasons. I will say this about the Mormons though, you rarely find a poor Mormon. They take care of each other and form very strong communities. An astonishing growth from when they were run out of Ohio and other places over 150 years ago. 

Anyway, the Christian right is a joke. Complete joke. They are no more Christian than an atheist is. Until someone can explain the hypocrisy and prove it wrong, I'll stand by it. The reason why religion, Christianity specifically is being abandoned by the young mostly but others is because they are hypocritical, judgmental bullshit artists, preying on people and enriching themselves. There are a very few exceptions, some I've seen personally but few and far between. 

This trying to name a verse. HAHAHA...If someone said I'll give you 10 billion dollars Mr. Trump if you can accurately quote one verse. Tax free, no strings attached. He'd miss it. Hahaha...the evangelicals are a fucked up bunch. Sold their souls....literally. If I ran for office I'd say it loud that I didn't consider them Christians. And I'd site their historical stances and present day actions. The children and parents on the border they have in cages are fellow Christians. Let that sink in. Not a peep. If an Arab puts a Christian kid in cage, bloody murder, lets drop a nuke, but if they are trying to get a better life coming into the country, let the kids sit in their own shit.  

Addressing the 'The Democrats had planned to impeach Trump from day 1' talking point. 

Have the Democrats looked for impeachable actions from day one? Absolutely. And is something abnormal about that? Absolutely not. EVERY losing party looks for any violations, illegalities, etc, of the winning party. That's normal. Trump had impeachable acts on day one by not divesting of his assets and having foreign governments openly stay at his properties and had the roles been reversed the Republicans would have filed impeachment articles the day after that person took the oath....and would have been well within their rights to do so and it would have been correct. 

The shocking thing is that the Dems took 3 years. There plenty of stuff just in the Mueller investigation but also before. So, this talking point is full of shit but I get it. You grasp at anything. There is a legal adage. When the facts are against you, argue the law. When the law is against you, argue the facts. When both the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and shout like hell. Or in this case, pound the table, and shout like hell about the 'process wasn't fair'.

Had Hillary won, and the GOP had control of the house, there would have been articles drawn based on the server issue. You can say what you want about Obama, the very fact that he got 8 years without even a hint of anything impeachable is amazing. He is a constitutional professor so maybe not as amazing as we think. But the Republicans looked up his ass (politically) with a probe that would make proctologist blush. 

I recall Cav, you had weekly posts on here about impeachment articles being drawn. None of them panned out and I didn't expect them to because something like that comes out of the major media first because they have access to the people in power. The guy who takes the ticket for the tour of the capital house has more access than some guy with a video camera in his basement.