Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

They need a fucking SWAT team to check out a case of student loan fraud? WTF? This story can't be true! Is it that stupid back in the home soil these days? This is silly beyond words, and so dangerous and fascistic as to be reason for some serious revolution. The government has lost its collective mind.

Hey...I keep tellin' ya all Obama is a reincarnation of Hitler ! :rotl: Seriously, I understand that the agency head has indicated that an internal review has been ordered up. Steve, as usual, made some good comments. I normally hesitate making/drawing conclusions absent specifics, but it seems to me that there was some poor planning on this one. For instance, it wouldn't be difficult to determine who and how many individuals might reside in the residence; if an arrest was not to be made, no need to strike at dawn with kids in the house (assuming that they might have otherwise already gone to school). I can see at least six officers involved in searching the premises. They must control the movement/activities of the occupants; though the occupants would normally be free to leave. Some agencies apparently have (as a SOP) entry teams (not same as "swat") do the "knock". Domestic venues pose more of a potential danger than, for instance, most businesses. The search warrant affidavit, which has probably been unsealed and available for view at the courthouse, might give us more info. But, like everybody else here, I'm AMAZED and will be interested in seeing how this plays out.

HH

U.S. Is Intensifying a Secret Campaign of Yemen Airstrikes

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.

The acceleration of the American campaign in recent weeks comes amid a violent conflict in Yemen that has left the government in Sana, a United States ally, struggling to cling to power. Yemeni troops that had been battling militants linked to Al Qaeda in the south have been pulled back to the capital, and American officials see the strikes as one of the few options to keep the militants from consolidating power.

On Friday, American jets killed Abu Ali al-Harithi, a midlevel Qaeda operative, and several other militant suspects in a strike in southern Yemen. According to witnesses, four civilians were also killed in the airstrike. Weeks earlier, drone aircraft fired missiles aimed at Anwar al-Awlaki, the radical American-born cleric who the United States government has tried to kill for more than a year. Mr. Awlaki survived.

Well, yeah ... it's another war. But it's a little one. After all, Obama got the Nobull Peace Prize. :beer:

They need a fucking SWAT team to check out a case of student loan fraud? WTF? This story can't be true! Is it that stupid back in the home soil these days? This is silly beyond words' date=' and so dangerous and fascistic as to be reason for some serious revolution. The government has lost its collective mind.[/quote']

[color:red]Hey...I keep tellin' ya all Obama is a reincarnation of Hitler[/color] ! :rotl: Seriously, I understand that the agency head has indicated that an internal review has been ordered up. Steve, as usual, made some good comments. I normally hesitate making/drawing conclusions absent specifics, but it seems to me that there was some poor planning on this one. For instance, it wouldn't be difficult to determine who and how many individuals might reside in the residence; if an arrest was not to be made, no need to strike at dawn with kids in the house (assuming that they might have otherwise already gone to school). I can see at least six officers involved in searching the premises. They must control the movement/activities of the occupants; though the occupants would normally be free to leave. Some agencies apparently have (as a SOP) entry teams (not same as "swat") do the "knock". Domestic venues pose more of a potential danger than, for instance, most businesses. The search warrant affidavit, which has probably been unsealed and available for view at the courthouse, might give us more info. But, like everybody else here, I'm AMAZED and will be interested in seeing how this plays out.

HH

And I thought our civil rights took a big hit under GWB, the man god.

Well, I know darn well that if GWB was doing this, the board libtards would be going nuts. So, our "nobull" peace prize pres is certainly fair game. LOL ! Speaking of libtard board members, they've been awfully silent lately. I guess it's getting more difficult to defend Barry...or, unlikely, they've become embarrassed by their previous support. I've been trying for months to get the libtards to raise their heads; they're all bunkered down. :rotl:

HH