Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I was channel surfing a few hours ago watching anything and I came across Fox News, which had the three Fox and Friends hosts sitting (separate home isolations) staring blankly at the cameras, as Mr D Trump had a 54 minute rant from the telephone.

I know it was 54 minutes, because one of the hosts said so, after it finished.

Key observations:

1/. The Fox hosts asked some quite critical questions of Trump, unlike Fox usually do. Must be getting ready to pivot, they can see where this is heading.

2/. Trump really is struggling. An example, he was justifying his chummy relationship with Putin with this - "World War II, they lost millions, they were our partners, they are not babies I never said that...." etc.  Trump said his next call was with Putin and painted the coming call, like it was a prize at the fair ground, "I've always said we could be friends with Russia". When a host mentioned that Russia had interfered with the 2016 election and was doing so again and ramping up propaganda around the virus, Trump had a 3 minute mini rant on "Fake News" 

As tedious as this is, it really is going to get worse before it get's better.

I must have been due for a punishment from God and so found my self riveted to the Trump rant.

I will say, if they got the world's best comedian to do a Trump impression , it wouldn't have been as funny as the real thing, I laughed at least three times, at the complete dissociation from reality that Trump has. 

He re litigated WW2 and blamed Germany and Chyeena. He implied that New York was selling relief supplies out the back door. He savaged two governors who were critical of him, and on and on.

When asked how his son Barron and wife Melania were doing, he had a mini rant about how his son wasn't the unhappiest of people not going to school and they've got school through the computers and things, many other things, so many other things, "every other things". And not a single world about Melania.

Coss, this will put a smile on some people's faces on here but America is done. Finished. Kaput, Fini, terminado, เสร็จ   

He minimized the severity of it from the start despite getting briefed early on it about the dangers. A more detailed briefing than the one that Congress got and prompted his fellow Republicans to warn of dire danger to voters and having them sell stock. 

He was only concerned about the stock market and economy and how that would affect his re-election. Fuck the lives of people. So he sugar coated everything, politicized and weaponized it against enemies until the lives impacted couldn't be ignored and even then his advisers had to cajole him into it. Even after the fact stopping Democratic critics of getting needed supplies behind the scenes. 

The man should be looking at being removed by his cabinet if not impeachment but instead he's a viable candidate for re-election. I'm sure this has made some people smile approvingly and its up to them to sort out that morally. For me, I have lost all faith in us and it marks the final stages of the country's life as a power. We are Rome 400 AD  Living on past glory, laughed at by rivals behind the scenes. 

We can do the Trump is bad thing ad nauseum like CNN and MSNBC and tons of podcasts but when nearly half the electorate doesn't care, does it matter? You are simply preaching to the choir. And the others would rather go down with the ship. Best to rule a shell of a nation than to share it with a functioning one.