Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

For the "experts" on the board here...

Democratic state lawmaker thanks Trump and hydroxychloroquine for recovery from coronavirus

Michigan Democratic state Rep. Karen Whitsett credited hydroxychloroquine and President Trump for her speedy recovery from COVID-19, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug, has been touted by the Trump administration as a potential key to treating the disease...

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491612-democratic-state-rep-thanks-trump-and-hydroxychloroquine-for-recovery

...for all you lefturds...real news hidden by the fake news lame stream media...

Italian prime minister thanks Trump for being country's 'true and loyal friend' through pandemic

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte praised President Trump for assisting Italy in its battle to contain the coronavirus.

Speaking with NBC's Meet the Press host Chuck Todd on Sunday, Conte praised Trump for aiding Italy during the pandemic while working to slow the spread of the disease in the United States.

"In these difficult times, I can openly say that American President Trump once more has proven to be Italy's true and loyal friends. I want to thank President Trump, who immediately made us feel his support, his presence, and I am very grateful to American people for this," Conte said...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/italian-prime-minister-thanks-trump-for-being-countrys-true-and-loyal-friend-through-pandemic

Trump can't even control the attendance list of the Whitehouse press briefings, people just wander in off the street. Trump clashes with reporter from Chinese 'propaganda' outlet at White House press briefing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8196115/Reporter-Chinese-propaganda-outlet-attends-White-House-presser-pushes-Chinese-aid-US.html

I mean, it's his press briefing, why is he inviting Chinese propagandists? Was Mariia Valeryevna Butina, the Russian spy, not available?

9 hours ago, Coss said:

And just in:

The Navy guy has quit, after his dissing of the Navy Captain, resulted in Trump losing support of core voters, being Sailors and all.

Trump is making a grab for the 2 trillion in virus relief, by effectively ousting the overseeing bloke and installing his own.

free at NYT,  really,  click the link

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/world/coronavirus-updates-news-live.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Republicans had a lock on the military vote but I think that's eroded. Not just this latest fiasco but also pardoning the Navy Seal convicted of war crimes. There are other incidents as well. The Republican narrative is that they are the more supportive of the military and the high command, although by tradition, neutral on politics is almost always Republican. But with Kelly and others not distinguishing themselves that veneer is gone. I'd like to see polls of the military support over the last 3 years or so. 

Slippery slope here. I don't like the precedence of limiting a president's access to the people. The fair thing to do is fact check the president. Do your regular job of providing facts. If Trump makes statements that can cost lives, call it out immediately, emphatically and repeatedly. Make the White House give the right info by putting it under a microscope and a bullhorn saying the lies. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-latest-coronavirus-press-005746599.html

Donald Trump’s Latest Coronavirus Press Briefings Trigger New Calls For Networks To Limit Live Coverage

7 hours ago, cavanami said:

...for all you lefturds...real news hidden by the fake news lame stream media...

Sir, I am probably Europe´s closest follower of Italian Corona affairs due to a major amount of cash which I shall loose if I cannot spend my holidays as usual on Sardinia in June. Apart from emotional ties to Italian car-manufacturers , suppliers of upmarket clothing and ragazza Claudia but that was long ago.

I do therefore study almost anything I can find concerning the much desired improvement of the current mess. I am therefore aware of heartbreaking mask-supplies from China as well as from Russia. It comes therefore as a surprise that I now listen to Conte praising Trump as true friend in difficult times. Assuming that for sure any European statesman rates Trump as a moron of historical dimension I am the more surprised..

Question: what has Trump done for Italy recently?

I have of course read the article , watched the video and did a quick Google search to find out what Trump might have done for Italy. Apart from this piece in the article I did not find anything :

" In these difficult times, I can openly say that American President Trump once more has proven to be Italy's true and loyal friends. I want to thank President Trump, who immediately made us feel his support, his presence, and I am very grateful to American people for this," Conte said. "

Please enlighten me, I am serious.