Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

4 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Licking XI´s arse has been the price the WHO had to pay for access to China´s virus data. It is about what Pence has to do all day to keep his master in good mood, similar motivation. The role of the WHO is more focused on third world countries who do not have working health systems and to coordinate worldwide action like now.

True. WHO is mainly about improving health in developed countries. Tracking the next pandemic isn't what their focus is or was. 

Whilst the vast majority of posts on this thread have been focused on the people who are elected, to run things in the U.S. and their suitability for the job, for moral, practical and ethical reasons, what is emerging as the key takeaway from this virus crisis, is not the capabilities, of the various bits of the U.S. Government.

Its the larger and highly visible distrust, that the average joe has, for any governance.

My view has shifted, from trying to pin down the moment of Trump's downfall and highlighting his various incompetencies, to, thinking hard about the likelihood, of civil strife on a large scale and the resulting chaos, that this will bring.

As a citizen of the world, not from the U.S. I am worried that this will affect the rest of the world, in a very negative manner.

I'm not sure we want a world, where the U.S. (Trump or no) is absent from the table.

I would describe the US as thinking it's right when it knows it's wrong - well in the past anyway.  Pax America is now a figment of the imagination.  They are literally without friends anymore.  When the UN assembly laughs in the president's face, things have got pretty dire.  Now they are just wrong. 

Nothing is clearer than the statistics that mathematically prove the complete and utter failure of the US administration to take the health threat seriously.  Couple that with Trumps own fat mouth saying things like 'it's just like a bad cold'.  That orange fool of a man is directly responsible for thousands of deaths. 

And now there are social distancing protests in Michigan.  I mean I'm not anti-American, just reasonably intelligent. 

May I most respectfully remind the community that previously active poster Waerth ( Kingdom of the Netherlands) many moons ago after the inauguration of King Donald published his opinion that all this would lead into civil war sooner or later.

As per my view of things the USA political system has lost the ability of finding compromise and giving up in favour of others to keep sort of social balance. I would even go as far as saying that this is not Trump´s fault alone but he certainly is the one who puts a lot of fuel on the fire. Yesterday he encouraged armed demonstrators to liberate Michigan.  Michigan, I just guess is Democrat territory,  am I right?

A man on FOX news said that every year 360.000 (?)people die in swimmingpools and nobody shuts the country down. Nuff said, good luck with these people ( a doctor by the way ).

17 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

May I most respectfully remind the community that previously active poster Waerth ( Kingdom of the Netherlands) many moons ago after the inauguration of King Donald published his opinion that all this would lead into civil war sooner or later.

As per my view of things the USA political system has lost the ability of finding compromise and giving up in favour of others to keep sort of social balance. I would even go as far as saying that this is not Trump´s fault alone but he certainly is the one who puts a lot of fuel on the fire. Yesterday he encouraged armed demonstrators to liberate Michigan.  Michigan, I just guess is Democrat territory,  am I right?

A man on FOX news said that every year 360.000 (?)people die in swimmingpools and nobody shuts the country down. Nuff said, good luck with these people ( a doctor by the way ).

Covid deaths

Michigan: 165, population 50 million

China - Wuhan: 125, population 1.xx billion

Nothing to see here, move along and yes, a Dem governor who should resign immediately!!!

Bubi, there was a pool running, on the likelihood that Cav, was indeed a very clever and cunning cove, in that he was exhibiting Trumpanzee Yokel behaviour and dumbness, just to wind us all up.

But in recent months, that pool of gambling folk, have lost interest and scattered to the winds, as they've all seen. the degradation of Cav's cognitive abilities, a fellow who was once our friend and a valuable contributor, rather than a progenitor of Trumpian Spam.

10 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Cav I am still suspicious that you might have a whee bit of brain left, but how do you count 125 Corona-deaths in Wuhan. The city of billions of people, are you drunk?

All of China - (minus) Wuhan = 125

All the deaths in China, minus, the deaths in Wuhan = 125 deaths

3 hours ago, Coss said:

Bubi, there was a pool running, on the likelihood that Cav, was indeed a very clever and cunning cove, in that he was exhibiting Trumpanzee Yokel behaviour and dumbness, just to wind us all up.

But in recent months, that pool of gambling folk, have lost interest and scattered to the winds, as they've all seen. the degradation of Cav's cognitive abilities, a fellow who was once our friend and a valuable contributor, rather than a progenitor of Trumpian Spam.

I always suspected the same.  But to maintain it in such a fashion over such a long magnitude of time seems unlikely - and I would add rather disturbing.