Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

First, the Senate wouldn't pass it and you well know you need the Senate. Second, there shouldn't be a law in my opinion. No one is saying there should be. However, he has to for the lawsuits against him based on precedence and if the SC allows him to keep it private, the conservatives on there have proven what we all know. They aren't upholding the constitution, they are the legal arm of the Republican party. 

Trump lied. Its a fact. No way to cut that pie any other way. Among a loooooooooong list of lies continually. All presidents have lied. Sometimes they had to for the sake of the country. But this is just habitual, narcissistic, lying for no other reason than its a personal trait and easy . 

Finally, the belief on the right that those that those that pushed back on Trump touting an unproven drug against Covid 19 specifically is because those that don't like Trump don't want a cure in order to hasten his reelection chances is...well, I won't give it voice. But that's the prevailing thought. And as such I see there is no room whatsoever for compromise with any party that thinks that is the belief of their fellow citizens. We're done. it's why I say we are a dying republic that is now hastening down that road. 

And there is a similar view on the left to be fair. They deeply believe the fringe right simply doesn't care about certain lives and in some cases are happy to hear of fellow Americans demise. 

It's over. All I'm going to do is put myself in a position to be as secure as possibly but as far as faith in the country? None. 

And the right are different? The Dems are incompetent. There is no kamikaze mode. They are a huge, diverse group and some of these groups are in conflict with another. The Democratic party is trying to herd cats. Given a common enemy they will sometimes come together and vote and that is when the Dem full power can be realized because there is no way the Republicans in its present form can win any presidential elections and most state wide races if Dems vote in numbers from all groups. Same with most city elections of America's 50 largest cities. 

The Republicans have a tenuous hold on any office because they are operating from a lack of numbers. Those numbers are working against them each year. Hence Trump trying to end immigration from non western nations as an example. I get it. Out of desperation people will hold on to power any way they can and violate moral and ethical rules to do so if not violate legal ones. 

Trump is so polarizing he may have done Republicans irreparable damage. If he wins, who runs in '24? Gabbard? There will have to be extenuating and unique circumstances. Its going to get progressively harder and harder for Republicans to win elections even statewise. 25 years ago, North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia were solid red states. Today all 3 are at or near being a toss up state. Name one solid blue state that is now a toss up? None. Even Texas will be a toss up state in 5 to 10 years for sure. Texas! Once Texas goes its over. There is no way any Republican can win the presidency with California, NY and Texas going blue. They have to make up those electoral votes somewhere. 

My guess is the Republican party will change and co opt groups like Asians, some latinos (Cubans they already have, but anglo latinos are a very doable niche). Luckily for the GOP the Dem party is a huge, disparate party. They think the Dem party is monolith but it isn't. The Dem party has huge internal problems and their voters are no where as loyal and passionate as the Republican party. There is a saying "Republicans fall in line, Democrats fall in love" If the Dem voter isn't excited about the candidate they won't turn out. Biden for example will not get the young black vote. He won't get the Bernie supporters as well to vote in numbers. The establishment Republicans hate Trump secretly but they got out and voted because they would rather have Trump than Hillary. And they hate Trump. The Lincoln Project,  co-headed by Kellyane Conway's husband ironically enough who is running blistering ads against Trump and his allies. They voted against impeachment out of fear. That tells you all you need to know. They won' t allow another demagogue again after Trump. My guess is Trump will try to build a family dynasty like the Kennedy and Gore families and prep his son in law or son to run in '24 but it won't happen. The turnout by Dems against him if he gets through the GOP primaries will result in a resounding loss. 

The Republican party knows it has to change but its spent so long on certain narratives its like trying to turn a 757 or a oil tanker. Each year their numbers are shrinking. The 'solid south' is withering. By the end of this decade, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Tennessee will be at best toss up states for the Republicans if not slightly blue depending on the state. 

That's why you see the near religious fervor support for Trump. The 'end is near'. The Republicans will be a visibly minority party. There is a chance for a 3rd party to split off from the Dems (a far left progressive party) and that may save the GOP in terms of power and prominance .

Texas is technically majority non white. Most of of the estimated 55 fo 57 percent of that is Latino. But Texas has a fair amount of conservative latinos actually. But still the state will be purple in five to ten years. 

I'd like to know specifically what makes George Conway a 'nut job'. Within the Republican party he is respected. 

37 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

Texas is technically majority non white. Most of of the estimated 55 fo 57 percent of that is Latino. But Texas has a fair amount of conservative latinos actually. But still the state will be purple in five to ten years. 

I'd like to know specifically what makes George Conway a 'nut job'. Within the Republican party he is respected. 

George said: “If there’s an issue, it’s because she’s (his wife) in that job, for that man.”

The president’s 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale responded that Conway was simply bitter about not getting a top job in the justice department, and claimed he was jealous of his successful wife.

The Conways spoke to the Washington Post last year, when Kellyanne said of George’s attacks on her boss: “I think it disrespects his wife.”

CS, you can poo poo what I think. Up to you.

22 hours ago, cavanami said:

I see the Dems in a kamikaze mode. They will destroy the USA unless they get back in power, especially in the white house.

Winner take all? there will be no winners.

Win or lose I don't give a damn.  I never cared.  And it's a surprisingly good philosophy, to my astonishment - if you take that attitude you just tend to win all the time.  But even if you don't - what the hell does it matter?  It encourages you to take risks that most people wouldn't.  I often look at people and think why are you so careful?  I mean you only get one life as far as I'm concerned. 

The fact that BOTH Conways spoke disparagingly of Trump initially nullifies your statement. He never changed. He never wanted Trump, never wanted to be in the administration. No proof of that. I am still waiting for the proof he is a nut job unless a Republican not liking Trump is your definition? 

States change demographics and politics all the time. California was a red state until 1992. Alabama and MIssissippi were Democratic states until after the Civil Rights era.