Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Good news: President Donald discovered he is full of Christianity and probably starts to love Jesus if it gets really tough:

"What I want to do is get the churches open. The churches are not being treated with respect by a lot of the Democrat governors," the President claimed.

I know that Donald cannot sleep any more because the Democrats closed the churches. It worries him to death. Sure. This bloke stops at nothing.

I'm not even sure he even got married in a church. Donald has only seen a church for marriages. The next church he goes to, will be for his funeral. 

What I like about his term though is it has exposed the evangelical, Christian right to be nothing more than pseudo Christians who use religion as a facade for trying to obtain power and project their ideology on people. They don't believe in the bible. They want you and I to believe what they tell us about the bible. Its about power. Making America a quasi theocracy they get to control all other facets of society. 

They can tell you if you don't vote for who you tell them to, or support what ever legislation then you are against God. They can also threaten politicians as well. Don't believe their stance on abortion as well. If their daughter got pregnant by Julio in east LA or LaQuan in Compton, they'll be driving her to the Planned Parenthood clinic themselves. It's all bullshit. 

22 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

I'm not even sure he even got married in a church. Donald has only seen a church for marriages. The next church he goes to, will be for his funeral. 

What I like about his term though is it has exposed the evangelical, Christian right to be nothing more than pseudo Christians who use religion as a facade for trying to obtain power and project their ideology on people. They don't believe in the bible. They want you and I to believe what they tell us about the bible. Its about power. Making America a quasi theocracy they get to control all other facets of society. 

They can tell you if you don't vote for who you tell them to, or support what ever legislation then you are against God. They can also threaten politicians as well. Don't believe their stance on abortion as well. If their daughter got pregnant by Julio in east LA or LaQuan in Compton, they'll be driving her to the Planned Parenthood clinic themselves. It's all bullshit. 

CS

You just finding this out now? You are hundreds/thousands of years behind! What country has not leveraged religion for its own political benefit????

Not finding it out just now. I'm explaining what the fundamentalist Christian are really about to those that may not know And as always and try to be on balance. The churches that support the left, often over look or even exonerate actions and behaviors on TV but they preach against on Sunday morning or often, don't even mention it in church. 

...the main differences are the churches and denominations that are thought to be left leaning, the catholic church, black churches, aren't trying to get power over people. They are just hypocrites. The evangelical leaders want to actual control you. 

This is the truth of it all. At least the truth as I understand until someone presents me with a greater understanding that refutes what a lifetime has shown me so far. And its possible for me to change my views. My politics have changed over the course of my time on this forum. I am presented with facts and I act accordingly. I am presented with logic and reason that makes sense and the contrarian thought is steeped with flaws that relegates it to the trash bin. 

The Republican party has made its case and can only get 40% of the vote. The Democrats have a bigger pool of voters. So, the GOP can't win over enough Dems or Independents to win so must refute to subterfuge. I get it. I understand and such actions I've done personally with a few ex girlfriends who I was cheating on. 

What makes it worse for the GOP, the demographics are working against them. Millenials and Gen Z are not just overwhelming left, many are left of the Democratic party. My guess is when millennials reach 40 or 50 gun control will be widespread and federally backed. As an example .The HS with the mass shooting is an early indication. The students came out heavily against guns and the sentiment spread to other HS students. These are going to be your senators, judges, state and local representatives in the future. 

Anyway, I digress. Mail in voting isn't wrought with fraud. Voting fraud is miniscule. The only way to stay in power is to reduce voting. Trump himself said if you allow people to mail in their vote, Dems win overwhelmingly. 

Bottom line is Republicans haven't been able to make their case to enough people to convince them. Its their own fault. Too much conquer and divide. Also too much hypocrisy. They will preach small government, no debt, cut taxes when the opposition is in power and run up more debt than even the Dems will. When was the last Republican that left the white house with a good economy? Ike. Nixon left carter with a bad economy in '76, Reagan had a crash in '87 near the end of his term. The elder Bush had a recession end of his first term. The son left us with the worst crash since the Great Depression. Dems haven't done great but they can at least point to Clinton and Obama who ended their terms with a better economy than they came in. 

Plus the giveaways to the poor and working class. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-chris-wallace-debunks-175321507.html

Fox News' Chris Wallace debunks voter fraud conspiracy theories shared on network an hour earlier

To give Cav some ammo, no party that is serious about change and serious about the dangers of Trump elects Biden. His impending nomination says they view Trump like any other 'bad' Republican president and not national and global threat he is. 

I'm also disappointed in Sanders. His principals and what he believes in is genuine from what we have seen of his political history but he isn't the fighter one would expect either. He embodies what man in the party as well as the right see in the Democrats, a lack of fight and if you sniff the air, a wee bit smell of pussy. 

Still, there really is only one thing to do in this election. 

Sir,

if you recall all that Biden has said within the last 3 months you start to believe he is mentally somewhat out of order. This plus the possible sexual harassment should shatter his standing within the voting community but it doesn´t. Recent polls show a solid leading position  over Donald.  We know from last time that this does not necessarily say something about the final outcome but to my opinion many voters would rather vote for Donald Duck than Donald Trump after this 4 year desaster. As many seem to have voted for Trump just to avoid Hillary.

Excellent analysis