Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

11 minutes ago, passingthru69 said:

But Trump is still in office. So you are listing a fact of Sluck Willie full terms and only part way through with Trump

Apples and oranges so too speak...

He's only still in the office, because he can't figure a way to be in Mar-a-Largo, inhaling cheeseburgers, full time, in front of a TV wall, with four remotes.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Average yearly growth of the US economy. Slick Willy beats lying Donald.

Sorry the piece I have stolen somewhere does not show up. Clinton achieved 3,9 %, the greatest Donald of all times 2,5. No. 10 of 13 post war.

Most likely counting all the cocaine that Willy was bringing in thru Mena....

pffft, bickering about Clinton,  whilst America is starting to burn.

Even the White House is beginning to figure...

I'm truly sorry this is happening -

Protestors knock down White House security's barricade as tensions mount over Floyd's death

...Insanity outside the White House. Three warnings of an unlawful assembly from the Secret Service before storming into the crowd.

...Barricades have fallen to the west of the White House and the crowd is surging forward, once again coming face-to-face with Secret Service who’ve moved into formation and raised their riot shields—a few stained yellow from eggs just thrown.

BB14OQke.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/protestors-knock-down-white-house-securitys-barricade-as-tensions-mount-over-floyds-death/ar-BB14OQUe

And 

Donald Trump defended his supporters and declared 'MAGA loves the black people' after asking his followers whether it would be 'MAGA night at the White House' and appearing to suggest they confront protesters.

I'm not even going to dignify this with a link.

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

Great job last night at the White House by the U.S. @SecretService. They were not only totally professional, but very cool. I was inside, watched every move, and couldn’t have felt more safe. They let the “protesters” scream & rant as much as they wanted, but whenever someone....

....got too frisky or out of line, they would quickly come down on them, hard - didn’t know what hit them. The front line was replaced with fresh agents, like magic. Big crowd, professionally organized, but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would....

....have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least. Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. “We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it, and....

Pentagon puts military police on alert to go to Minneapolis

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentagon-puts-military-police-on-alert-to-go-to-minneapolis/ar-BB14MSEP

As unrest spread across dozens of American cities on Friday, the Pentagon took the rare step of ordering the Army to put several active-duty U.S. military police units on the ready to deploy to Minneapolis, where the police killing of George Floyd sparked the widespread protests.

Soldiers from Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders. Soldiers in Fort Carson, in Colorado, and Fort Riley in Kansas have been told to be ready within 24 hours. The people did not want their names used because they were not authorized to discuss the preparations.

The get-ready orders were sent verbally on Friday, after President Donald Trump asked Defense Secretary Mark Esper for military options to help quell the unrest in Minneapolis after protests descended into looting and arson in some parts of the city.

Trump made the request on a phone call from the Oval Office on Thursday night that included Esper, National Security Advisor Robert O’ Brien and several others. The president asked Esper for rapid deployment options if the Minneapolis protests continued to spiral out of control, according to one of the people, a senior Pentagon official who was on the call.

22 hours ago, cavanami said:

>What I'm shocked is the cavalier demeanor of the left about going after twitter and the free press.

Freedom of the press is a two way street...when youtube removes your video or facebook or twitter removes what you post...they are now censors, no more freedom of the press.

Get it?

Is it a president's role to police the press? That's a dangerous game that has never, ever, ever turned out well. Ever. Did I mention 'never' and 'ever'?

15 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Average yearly growth of the US economy. Slick Willy beats lying Donald.

Sorry the piece I have stolen somewhere does not show up. Clinton achieved 3,9 %, the greatest Donald of all times 2,5. No. 10 of 13 post war.

An argument that the Republicans get away with is the economy. Which tells me the Democrats don't know shit about basic economics you pick up in the first semester of a finance or econ class. The Republicans know more about Economics I'm guessing, and fuck it up for their own purposes knowing the opposition doesn't know how to counter them. 

During the Obama administration the narrative from the right was 'this is the slowest recovery". Obama inherited the 2nd worse economic crash in over 100 years. It was hair close to being a full blown depression. Simple U.S. history tells you we have NEVER recovered fully in such declines in 4 years. We call it the Great Recession because it was the biggest recession we have had historically. The Great Depression that started in 1929 didn't really get turned around till World War 2 into the 40s. The Republicans know that the breadth and scope of the 2008 crash that they let happen as the party in power, wasn't going to get turned around in 4 years. What compounded the recovery were 2 things. One of them you can blame Obama for and the other was the Republicans deliberately hindering the recovery. They opposed things they agreed with such as infrastructure spending. 

The economy recovered, weakly but that's the norm. The recovery was actually good comparatively. The American economy went into a recession in the mid 60s. The stock market didn't recover to a new high until the mid 1990s. https://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year-historical-chart

The Ronald Reagan 80s never got close to a new all time high. Obama had a much steeper unemployment rate going down than Reagan https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

Trump inherited a stock market that was hitting record highs annually and an unemployment rate that was breaking records annually going down. He didn't do shit but continue already existing trends. All the Dems needed was someone who could give voice this. I'm a bit surprised Obama couldn't because he is very eloquent.