Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

No CS, those are my responses, end of story. Up to you. The videos contain all the points and if I write a response I may miss something so accept the video as my responses or don't, up to you.

LOL. Well, I'll accept this as a concession. The simple fact you can't restate something specific is all I need to know. You actually answered my question with that response. Thanks. You are right 'end of story'. 

PS: No one in any discussion would accept it.

Moderator "So Mr. Biden, can you explain your position on how to get out of the recession?"

Biden "My website has a video"

Moderator "Can you tell us in your own words?"

BIden "The videos contain all the points, if I restate it now I may miss something so accept the video as my response or don't, 'end of story'

He's got my vote. 🤩 So, folks would our Trump supporting friend accept that as a valid response by Biden? 

LOL..Cav buddy, will you answer this. Its a yes or no answer. Do you believe THE REASON people are protesting (NOT THE ACTIONS OF SOME OF THE PEOPLE IN THE STREETS) but the REASON to be a legitimate reason. Say ye, Yeah or nay? 

Simple yes or no. 

The reason for the protest, IMO, is valid, so, yes.

The manner in which much of the protests are carried out are legal and thus defame the reason for the protests.

The USA is up side down and inside out.

When Trump is reelected,  he must, IMO:
get rid of Jared or at least pat him on his head and tell him to run along
remove the insubordinate cabinet members, advisors and general.
appoint an AG that will get the job done. Barr, 461 days as AG and no indictments, terrible!!!

31 minutes ago, cavanami said:

The reason for the protest, IMO, is valid, so, yes.

"What about black on black crime" is not a logical response to the protests then. 

An analogy. Based on a true account from my mother, who lived in Harlem in her youth. 

Many or most people didn't realize this but the Civil Rights marches were not initially supported by blacks in the north. Many if not most thought southern blacks were nuts for staying in segregated south and not just say fuck it all and move up north. When northern blacks took up the mantle and supported them. She said a sometimes response to being publicly for MLK' Jrs marches in the south was ''what about the crime in Harlem". 

There are people, even many if not most Black conservatives (perhaps even your Patriot buddy) think the reasons aren't and will trot out certain stats (and I can counter that argument). Fair enough, I they are wrong but they don't believe the reasons are and one of their common responses are 'what about black on black crime' and what about the crime in Chicago.

Completely different things.

For everyone else, I've stated this point before. Urban crime throughout human history, every continent, has always been been a function of poverty. Case in point. The midwest has the reputation of being the bible belt (along with the south) and the heartland of America. You do business with a handshake, your word is bond, yadda, yadda. Extremely low crime rate. You could sleep with your door unlocked in 1920s Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Illinois. 

So, why was in the 1930s, the heartland, the backbone of America, the people who Palin calls 'the real Americans' suddenly became violent? Tons of home robberies, bank robberies. scams, charlatans, some of the more famous names: like John Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Ma Barker, Baby Face Nelson, Machine Gun Kelly, Alvin Karpis, and they were just the famous ones. There is a very long list of outlaws https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_depression-era_outlaws

All from the heartland. These aren't Brooklyn and Chicago and Detroit born and raised criminals. So, the question before this esteemed forum is why did this specific decade turn upside down regards to crime? It's self explanatory but it also answers the 'black on black crime. Question. 

I will also mention one era. East London. Cockney speech, made my famous by Charles Dickens. There are east London neighborhoods like east Ham, parts of Essex that have literally had a higher than average crime rate for London for CENTURIES! 200 or more years. Why? The area has always been the poorest part of London (possible exception south London at times but second). Hmmm...they were poor. 

Another thing. Just a wee bit of a pet peeve. In every mayoral race of every city of size in America. Large cities as well as even medium  size cities. Crime is always one of the issues debated and asked about of all candidates. Even in national elections. The crime bill of 1994 that Biden and Clinton get hit over was to address crime in America. Crime is local but the federal government addressed it. 

Also, there are various groups known to commit crimes. Blacks obviously in poor areas but latinos. East LA is a very dangerous place. Latino crime gangs run the streets. South Boston has always been working class at best, poor often, irish American area. Its been gentrified somewhat of late (as well as other urban areas), Italians, long mafia history. I've never, ever heard any other group asked to resolve its own intracriminal history except blacks. Even at the height of the mafia, it was seen as a national if not citywide issue. Except.....drum roll please...lol..you know where I'm going. No other group with criminal gangs, such as the Triad gangs in the Chinatowns of NYC and SF. No one else. Just curious. I'm not pointing fingers, just noting a unique response to an issue that affects all types of communities. 

Finally, the solution. The most proven way of getting rid of violent crime to a specific area and people is get rid of poverty. It's been a tried and true solution for as many years as man has been on earth. 

How did the 1930s midwest become relatively crime free again? WW2 brought in tons of jobs as well as men needed to go overseas and although meager got wages when otherwise you were 21 and jobless, at least you got fed, paid and could at least send money home.