Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Two problems. First, a top official has Covid 19 and second, Trump doesn't see his National Security Advisor much. They meet almost daily in every other administration. It is extremely disconcerting he doesn't meet with him. Even Reagan who couldn't remember simple things his last 2 years in office, at least had Nancy meeting him. Its a vital position that requires daily consultation with the President. Am I worried? Yes. Am I surprised? Sadly no. And as much as people think I'm just anti Trump. I'm anti incompetence, anti corruption, anti illegality, etc. 

I've said I thought Obama did some things I did not approve of. 

I call 'balls and strikes' or for the non baseball afficianados, I call LBWs or no LBW for the rest of you. 

Park Police chief denies clearing Lafayette Square for Trump photo-op 
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/u-s-park-police-defends-clearing-lafayette-park-for-president-trump-photo-opp

Man trying to keep his job.

___

Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler accused Barr of using federal officers against protesters to create visuals for President Trump's campaign 

Bill Barr and House Democrats engaged in an all-out battle Tuesday as the Attorney General appeared in front of the Judiciary Committee - clashing bitterly and repeatedly over his response to Black Lives Matters protests and his handling of the Roger Stone case and others which touch on President Donald Trump.

The president's most controversial cabinet member proved to be a lightning rod for Democrats, who made clear before it began that he was in their crosshairs. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8568811/House-hearing-AG-Bill-Barr-turns-furious-partisan-battle.html

Nadler vs Barr, Barr's a good arguer, interesting :)

___

Twitter gives Trump Jr a tweet timeout for pandemic misinfo

Twitter has temporarily halted US President Donald Trump’s son from tweeting on its site after he shared a video riddled with unsupported claims about coronavirus.

It features pro-Trump doctors telling Americans they do not need to wear masks to prevent coronavirus while also pitching hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug the president has previously touted himself, as a sure-fire way to treat coronavirus.

The video directly refutes advice from Trump’s own medical experts, who have urged people to slow the virus’ spread by wearing masks and cautioned against using hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/300068343/twitter-gives-trump-jr-a-tweet-timeout-for-pandemic-misinfo

Of course.

I told you the Trump clan had invested heavily in hydroxychloroquine, there's skin in the game.

___

On 7/28/2020 at 12:47 AM, chocolat steve said:

The presidential pardon clause in the constitution needs to be amended. Its too open ended and has no recourse. When the founders put it in, they regarded each other as men of honor with unimpeachable character. 
Sadly, its not so these days for both parties. Were in Congress I would propose that any presidential pardon can be overturned with a super majority of both houses of Congress. In that way it has to be so bad it surpasses ideology. 

There were, are and will be politically motivated pardons. Presidents of both parties have abused the pardon clause, Bush the elder pardoning ahead of time all the parsons involved in Iran/Contra of the Reagan administration (for which he should have been impeached). Bill Clinton pardoned fraud financier Marc Rich, coincidentally, his ex wife was co heading an organization benefiting him. 

Trump will abuse it further. There is no doubt in my mind. If we make it so 3/4 of the House and 2/3 of the Senate can overturn it, then at least it 1. puts the members of the legislature on notice on what they will allow and 2, we know it will be so egregious even a President's own party will see it as over the line if its overturned. 

If Trump loses, he has 2 and a half months to pardon whomever he wants.  I’m sure that he will use that time justly.

...and another demonrat cashing in!!!

Tennessee state senator charged with stealing federal funds

A Tennessee state senator has been charged with stealing more than $600,000 in federal funds received by a health care company she directed and using the money to pay for her wedding and other personal expenses, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

A criminal complaint unsealed Wednesday charges state Sen. Katrina Robinson with theft and embezzlement involving government programs and wire fraud, U.S. Attorney D. Michael Dunavant said in a news release...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tennessee-state-senator-charged-stealing-210142662.html

2 hours ago, cavanami said:

The demonrats continue to deny that the "protests" are violent! Leading this narrative is Nadler.

You're peeing into a head wind Cav. At this moment the vast majority of the country disagrees with you. You could even be right (I disagree but for argument's sake) but it doesn't matter. White suburbia agrees with the protests. When that happens, its a done deal. They are the standard for any defining shift:

Women's right to vote in 1919

Civil Rights in 1960s

Gay marriage a few years ago

I will attempt to put a smile on Cav's face. 

The Democrats play dirty politics within the party. I've always said that. They don't try it with the Republicans because there isn't a line low enough Republicans won't cross if you want to  wage war against them. 

That said, I am not a fan of Kamala Harris. I think she is a capable, even very good Senator and public official. Good in terms of she's smart and effective. My issue is she is part of the establishment and won't really do much to change anything. She won't take political risks for the right things. However, the back room shenanigans leveled against her illustrates how the Democratic party operates. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/biden-allies-move-to-stop-kamala-harris-from-becoming-vice-president.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/27/kamala-harris-biden-vp-381829

I actually think Susan Rice should be a no brainer for Biden and I'd have advised him to select her if he felt he had to have a woman. Kamala Harris is not going to stir the black vote to come out. She may in fact hurt it among black males for reasons I won't go into but will tell anyone after I've had a few glasses of wine (red please, and make it a good year, with a sweet taste even a good sangria instead). 

Susan Rice is just as establishment. Even moreso. But she has far less baggage (that we know of) than Harris.  She will help Biden in the suburbs. She's a known entity. Biden also knows her personally from her time in the Obama administration so he'll be more 'comfortable' with her. 

https://apnews.com/a039b1438447d18e01d7fde247c666e7