Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Would I do that?  :)

Harris has a biracial father who calls himself a Jamaican and refuses to limit himself to Black. Harris's mother is from India. At most she is 1/4 Black and maybe less, but if Joe says she's Black, she's Black, and he promised to pick a Black woman to run with him. He insists he has the right to decide. Harris also called Biden a racist during the debates and said she believed the women who have accused Biden of sexual harassment. Presumably, she has changed her mind now.

God, what a piss poor election this is. Out of the entire USA, these are the best candidates the parties can come up with?  What other parties are there?  :(

116869196_10158648286243588_7177104870852658213_n.jpg

117400741_10159191937402214_1613928323705186703_n.jpg

On 8/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, Mekong said:

Trump says '1917' Spanish flu 'probably ended Second World War' in historical blunders

The US president suggests the pandemic, which began in 1918, brought an end to the conflict that lasted from 1939 to 1945.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-says-1917-spanish-flu-probably-ended-second-world-war-in-historical-blunders-12047035

They are all out to lunch.

America invented the "one drop" rule. Using that as the standard, Harris is black. 25% black is more than enough to keep her out of the front of the bus, denied entry to hotels, cinemas, Harvard and any marriage to a white guy illegal 70 years ago. 

It is a completely valid reaction to think the 'defund the police'' idea is completely nuts. To be fair, its not remove any need for a PD but to change their function. Anyway, we have to ask what has gotten -people to go this reaction? 

This does not happen in a vacuum. it means by and large across the country people have lost confidence in the police and with that their legitimacy. For every video you see of a cop acting badly, there are 99 more that happened outside of video. 

It's not just blacks but all kinds of people. If you go to youtube and put in police abuse or other such term with any demographic, black, elderly, women, chilidren, even handicapped, there is a video. The unmarked cars/SUVs kidnapping protesters who have done nothng, undercover cops inciting riots, etc, proves the reaction to police. When I get stopped by a cop, it can go in any direction. I am the epitome of compliance. I don't yell and scream, I don't make any sudden movements. I ask before moving for anything, so much that I am sometimes ask if I work or have worked in law or law enforcement in some capacity. 

Even with all that I would guestimate that about 1/3 of stops the police try to escalate it arbitrarily in any number of ways: yelling from the start, asking rapid fire questions before you can answer and then saying I am not cooperating, etc. These are tactics police friends have told me happens when the cop needs stats or is just an asshole who is burned out. 

I've said this before. The 'a few bad apples' is an asinine statement when you consider the person is granted legal rights to kill. You can't accept  'a few bad apples' who may harm, arrest or kill you arbitrarily and legally. Especially when we don't accept it in other fields. We don't  accept a few bad teachers who may molest our children. We don't accept a few bad surgeons in the medical field. We don't  accept a few bad pilots. We don't accept a few bad dentists. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/americans-confidence-police-falls-historic-151828840.html

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 7:02 AM, cavanami said:

If President Trump is not reelected and the Dems get in, you can count on taxes increased,

Which is exactly what the US needs to repair the rotten infrastructure and finance a health system. Unless you prefer the large companies to assemble their profits on the Caribbean Islands or buy their shares back. 

Taxes get increased overtly or covertly in ALL administrations. No party wins that argument.  The working man/woman gets fucked by both parties. Louisiana and Kansas governors ran their states 100% according to Republican ideals during the Obama years and left both states mired in debt so bad that the Kansas Republicans were trying to oust their own governor. Lousiana was so  fucked up, their prize uni LSU risked not getting any funding. Mississippi and Alabama are conservatively run, almost always Republican controlled and remain the poorest states. There are Dem run cities that are broke  and crime ridden.  No one has the market on the right ideology one size fits all. 

Taxes in of itself aren't bad. Who pays it, how its used is the only thing that we can debate about. There are European countries with high taxes but they get a lot of bang for their buck and wouldn't move to America for lower taxes. There is a reason Europeans stopped coming to America by the millions. They look at their lives there and what their lives in America would be and said 'keep your lower taxes, I'm better off here'. 

We are a mess. The deficit is worse than taxes in my humble opinion. We can't pay it off. Or more accurately, we won't do what is necessary to pay it off because it would require too big of a sacrifice and the people are already living meagerly. 

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

Which is exactly what the US needs to repair the rotten infrastructure and finance a health system. Unless you prefer the large companies to assemble their profits on the Caribbean Islands or buy their shares back. 

No Bubi, the USA does NOT need higher taxes.The USA needs a do over in the sense that the government needs to:

control spending
needs to have the cheap goat countries that have been sucking the USA teat for decades, stand up and contribute (especially Germany!)
kick out the lobbyists
enforce the laws and apply the laws to EVERYONE
throw the corrupt people in prison or better yet, execute them!

this is a start...