Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

A former Department of Homeland Security chief of staff said Trump once asked him and other officials whether the U.S. could trade Greenland for Puerto Rico because, in Trump’s words, “Puerto Rico was dirty and the people were poor.” (NBC News)

The National Susan B. Anthony Museum and House declined Trump’s pardon of the late women’s suffrage leader, who was charged in 1872 with voting illegally. The museum noted that “If one wants to honor Susan B. Anthony today, a clear stance against any form of voter suppression would be welcome.” (Yahoo News)

18 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Coffe time again, space to watch Cav´s findings on the world.

If this proud black man finds Biden´s words so disgusting that he cannot vote for him. Any alternative?

Tulsi Gabbard would have been a fine candidate. She's part Samoan, if they wanted a minority, and she has a decent military record in the Army medical corps. She also ripped Kamala to pieces in the debates. But oh no, let's go with creepy old Joe.  :(

Listen to Joe's own words. If he were Pinocchio he'd have a nose a yard long. Do the Democrats really want to win?

I'm 100% sure, no doubt in my mind that Trump will be remembered as bad or worse than Nixon. None whatsoever. And in 5 or 10 years you won't find anyone who will openly admit they voted for him. You never, ever hear older folks admit they voted for Nixon twice. Ever. 

Another Republican backs Biden. It's not because they think he's right politically. Its literally about saving this once proud Republic. But its not about Trump, he's just the symptom .After the election, if he loses, the tens of millions who supported him fully are still part of America and that is the reason why this country is done. It's over. That's simply too many people. to have a functioning and fair and just society. No hope to attain it all. It will take some catastrophic event. Just like it did in Germany and Italy. The 1/3 of the Germans who voted for Hitler either had to change or suffer quietly in 1945 and onward. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/opinions/biden-president-endorsement-dent/index.html

Joe has a long history of lying. He ran for President in 1992 and had to quit the race because he was caught in a lie. He plagiarized something I think in college. Not sure but I recall. He talks whimsically over the years of stories from his youth that people said were completely made up. This was mostly in the 90s and prior. 

It also tells you the state of the Democratic party that the establishment backed him from the start. That said, I do'n't think he is unable to govern. He will surround himself with capable people. I liken him to Reagan who by all accounts was unprepared for the high office. I've posted this before. The accounts are by his own people. 

https://www.salon.com/2015/12/28/behind_the_ronald_reagan_myth_no_one_had_ever_entered_the_white_house_so_grossly_ill_informed/

I think Biden will be okay. He will misspeak, he will remember things incorrectly or what others may call a lie. But the country will be run no worse than it was pre Trump. Biden being a bad candidate does not by definition make Trump a viable alternative. Biden being one of the worse of the Democratic challengers doesn't make Trump any better. A strong case can be made to vote for Romney, Rubio and many others over Biden. Even...cough...spit..Cruz. Trump goes far beyond ideology. Half of Americans have been dealing with bad ideology from the other party since the founding. Trump is dangerous to democracy. Trump  is a possible tragic global event type of person. If Covid 19 isi't that already. 10s of thousands of people were always going to die from Covid 19 no matter who was in the White House. The degree to how many people would be down to what policies someone would try, but the policy, no matter whom, was to be about to limit the lives loss and keep the economy viable. Trump's strategy for Covid 19 is solely based on his getting re-elected. The number of lives lost literally doesn't matter. 

Any president who is in an election year and has a pandemic would think of re-election. That is normal. And all would straddle a line on what is prudent and if it will hurt his or hers election but Trump doesn't straddle the line, he will cross any line of decency, life and death, if it helps re-election. Hence the difference. There is no line with him. One of the senior members of Homeland Security said he told them not to aid in helping the fires in California. Purely out of spite. Lives are at risk. But Trump would not lose one bit of sleep if the death toll went up as a direct result of his inaction out of spite. That's where we are at. Presidents deny states things all the time for political reasons. Life and death things aren't part of that. Ever. When 1000s of lives are at stake we don't do politics. Republicans joined FDR in declaring war on the Japanese. Democrats joined Bush in an overwhelming military response to 911. 

Hmm...Biden's wife or Trump's wife who represents the First Lady tradition? hmmm

LOL

Having some fun. Again, and I swear, I don't have a problem with her per se. I'm just pointing out the sheer hypocrisy and the restraint Dems have shown towards her. Dems are corrupt but they have a line. Gotta give them that. 

trumpwife1.jpg

trumpwife.jpg

trumpwife2.jpg