Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Some things are beyond party politics and this TSA thing is. I would expect a Republican president to be even more likely to uphold the status quo with regards to the TSA.

I would love to see the question asked in a debate. We may hear someone other than Ron Paul say they'd end it but I wouldn't believe them.

Ghostdog, as for Ron Paul and the gold standard, etc. It simply won't happen. Its not kooky to have our money backed by somethiing real, its just a non starter. He'd need Congress for that and that won't happen. Paul has integrity. He also has some good ideas. He has some ideas I don't agree with as well. For me I don't see why I should vote for a candidate from the two major parties who WON'T do what they say but be advised to vote for someone who WILL try and do what they say they will. What exactly will Obama and Romney (assuming he's the winner) do exactly that is better than what Ron Paul will do?

No, the Gold Standard is absolutely retarded, as medieval as leeches and blood letting. Look at the history of the early parts of the Great Depression.

One of the best arguments against it is here, from a Republican:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/02/22/frum.ron.paul.gold/

But what you said about the Gold Standard points to what both Obama and Romney can do better than Paul, and I am sure the same with Booker: Get things passed in Congress.

I think if you are a Senator or Congressman and you want to stop the agenda of the POTUS, the best thing you want is a true believer.

The ACA is not what I wanted to see, but it probably is the best that can be done with the reality on the ground. It at least moves the bar.

No, the Gold Standard is absolutely retarded, as medieval as leeches and blood letting. Look at the history of the early parts of the Great Depression.

One of the best arguments against it is here, from a Republican:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/02/22/frum.ron.paul.gold/

But what you said about the Gold Standard points to what both Obama and Romney can do better than Paul, and I am sure the same with Booker: Get things passed in Congress.

I think if you are a Senator or Congressman and you want to stop the agenda of the POTUS, the best thing you want is a true believer.

The ACA is not what I wanted to see, but it probably is the best that can be done with the reality on the ground. It at least moves the bar.

If a Ron Paul gets elected it would be a mandate for big changes. Not saying the return of the Gold standard but his election, if it were to happen, would be an outright repudiation of the status quo and although he's a Republican, to some extent a rebuke of the two parties.

I agree we've let things go too far to be able to go back to a gold standard but the sentiment behind it is true. The fact is we've f*cked up our currency. It no longer has the power it once did. That's essentially the point. Our monetary policy sucks.

ONLY a Ron Paul can change the TSA and re-install our civil liberties. The others won't do, can't do or don't want to do sh*t about it.

Integrity goes a long way with me.

Cancer Surges In Body Scanner Operators; TSA Launches Cover-Up

All you who follow the lies of these things being safe...som nom nah!!!

Fearful of provoking further public resistance to naked airport body scanners, the [color:red]TSA has been caught covering up a surge in cases of TSA workers developing cancer as a result of their close proximity to radiation-firing devices[/color], perhaps the most shocking revelation to emerge from the latest FOIA documents obtained by the Electronic Privacy Information Center.

After [color:red]Union representatives in Boston discovered a “cancer cluster†amongst TSA workers linked with radiation from the body scanners[/color], the [color:red]TSA sought to downplay the matter and refused to issue employees with dosimeters to measure levels of exposure[/color].

The documents indicate how, “A large number of workers have been [color:red]falling victim to cancer, strokes and heart disease[/color].â€

“The Department, rather than acting on it, or explaining its position seems to have just dismissed. I don’t think that’s the way most other agencies would have acted in a similar situation if they were confronted with that question,†EPIC’s Marc Rotenberg said.

In an email sent to Heather Callahan (PDF), deputy federal security director at Boston Logan International Airport, union representatives express their concern about “[color:red]TSA Boston’s growing number of TSOs working here that have thus far been diagnosed with cancer[/color].â€

Of course, [color:red]if TSA workers who are merely standing near the scanners are already developing cancer, frequent flyers are also putting themselves in harm’s way by standing directly inside the radiation-firing machines.[/color]

http://www.infowars.com/cancer-surges-in-body-scanner-operators-tsa-launches-cover-up/

Cancer Surges In Body Scanner Operators; TSA Launches Cover-Up

All you who follow the lies of these things being safe...som nom nah!!!

Fearful of provoking further public resistance to naked airport body scanners, the [color:red]TSA has been caught covering up a surge in cases of TSA workers developing cancer as a result of their close proximity to radiation-firing devices[/color], perhaps the most shocking revelation to emerge from the latest FOIA documents obtained by the Electronic Privacy Information Center.

After [color:red]Union representatives in Boston discovered a “cancer cluster†amongst TSA workers linked with radiation from the body scanners[/color], the [color:red]TSA sought to downplay the matter and refused to issue employees with dosimeters to measure levels of exposure[/color].

The documents indicate how, “A large number of workers have been [color:red]falling victim to cancer, strokes and heart disease[/color].â€

“The Department, rather than acting on it, or explaining its position seems to have just dismissed. I don’t think that’s the way most other agencies would have acted in a similar situation if they were confronted with that question,†EPIC’s Marc Rotenberg said.

In an email sent to Heather Callahan (PDF), deputy federal security director at Boston Logan International Airport, union representatives express their concern about “[color:red]TSA Boston’s growing number of TSOs working here that have thus far been diagnosed with cancer[/color].â€

Of course, [color:red]if TSA workers who are merely standing near the scanners are already developing cancer, frequent flyers are also putting themselves in harm’s way by standing directly inside the radiation-firing machines.[/color]

http://www.infowars.com/cancer-surges-in-body-scanner-operators-tsa-launches-cover-up/

Karma does exist!