Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The  2008 Great Recession was caused, in large part, in the relaxation of banking regulations that allowed just about anyone, bed credit or not, to get a house loan.  All recessions have been caused under Republican leadership as far back as the 1870’s.  Clinton didn’t leave office under a recession but GWB did.  Eight or nine months ago, the current bull market set the record for the longest lasting bull market. The American worker is left holding the bag.  Foreclosed houses in 2008-2011 and lagging wages compared to gains made by business and the stock market.  If there is a second Trump term, it isn’t going to be “Morning in America,”  the Reagan slogan in the 1984 election.

Even the economy was great its never, ever, ever an excuse or hatred, bigotry, inhumanity. Germany had hyper inflation in the 20s even before the Depression. The Depression in 199 hit Germany harder than anywhere else because they were already bad off economically (due to crushing post WW1 reparations). Hitler turned the economy around in a short time. 

The German economy was improving while the rest of the west was mired in a depression. I'm not saying Trump is equal to Hitler, but you get my point that there is a moral line of people and no matter what good they have done as a leader, it can't justify inhumanity, and other evils. 

Trump has said a lot of things and caused a lot of racial divide with his rhetoric. The very fact he consciously took children away from their parents for months without any info, etc, and kept them in cages is just one act that is completely inexcusable. Taking away a child, sometimes toddlers in diapers, in that manner. I really have to question a person's moral compass after that. That's me, I can't speak for others. I have a specific moral line. Obama used a drone program that ended up killing family members along with the terrorist. That's my line. Its not everyone else's but knowingly killing children, wives, as well as the extrajudicial killing of American citizens. 

I try to be consistent. Trump has done a wide variety of things, that's unconscionable. And before the 'Obama built the cages' excuse is brought in, he did. And was criticized by it. And at the time the reason they were built and the purpose was far, far different than Trump's use. There were cases of children in the migrant groups that were abused, without an adult, etc.

The first option was to find them adequate shelter. Find out if they had a relative in America and place them there. Find foster care, etc, families willing to take them in. In lieu of all that, and not having unaccompanied children or abused children placed with adults, the cages were a temporary measure on the spot and the regulations at the time was not more than 48 hours I think (don't quote me but it was a limited time). And then they had to find somewhere reasonable. Hotels with a government worker aiding them, etc, 

The US embassy doesn't allow its citizens to be abused abroad. You can be arrested in Thailand for drugs, pedophilia even and the embassy will send someone to you in jail to make sure you are okay, to provide you a list of attorneys, contact your family for you. A humane and enlightened people do not condone abuse. 

It's one of many, many Trump acts. That are excused. There is also the erosion of civil liberties and he has stopped any support of civil rights protections in agencies, etc. 

CS

You wrote this: The US embassy doesn't allow its citizens to be abused abroad. You can be arrested in Thailand for drugs, pedophilia even and the embassy will send someone to you in jail to make sure you are okay, to provide you a list of attorneys, contact your family for you. A humane and enlightened people do not condone abuse. 

What a bunch of bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The list of attorneys...BS....lousy attorneys!!!

You know how USA citizens have been abused by the Thai legal system? Obviously you have no farkin idea...I know!!!

You know of the corruption at the embassy....Obviously you have no farkin idea...I know!!!

You are the expert....of BS!!!

Dems dirty tricks look to be getting desperate, the lies about Trumps comments on service personnel even denied by some of his opponents. It will be great if Trump gets re elected if only to see the liberals crying at the sky again, make a change from them burning and looting.

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

CS

You wrote this: The US embassy doesn't allow its citizens to be abused abroad. You can be arrested in Thailand for drugs, pedophilia even and the embassy will send someone to you in jail to make sure you are okay, to provide you a list of attorneys, contact your family for you. A humane and enlightened people do not condone abuse. 

What a bunch of bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The list of attorneys...BS....lousy attorneys!!!

You know how USA citizens have been abused by the Thai legal system? Obviously you have no farkin idea...I know!!!

You know of the corruption at the embassy....Obviously you have no farkin idea...I know!!!

You are the expert....of BS!!!

I knew a guy arrested in Thailand and a close friend of mine from LA spent time in both Thai and Cambodia jails on drug charges fighting his demons. Luckily for him he had the resources to bribe is way out. 

The US embassy will visit you in prison. If you can find factual information that says otherwise, I'm open to hearing. Will you or can you be abused? Of course! The embassy will check on you. It can't be there 24/7. The embassy has to know. Family members usually call their congressman or notify the embassy in that country directly. 

I find it curious that is the only thing you take exception with. Deflecting off the main point of being against abuse. 

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/attorneys/#:~:text=A consular officer may do,provided by the Thai authorities.

A consular officer may do the following:

Visit a U.S. citizen in jail after being notified of the arrest. Regularly visit a U.S. citizen detained in Thailand. During these visits the consular officer can check on the health and well-being of the detainee, and the treatment provided by the Thai authorities.

Personal Legal Disputes in Thailand:

U.S. embassies and consulates are prohibited by federal regulation from acting as agents, attorneys or in a fiduciary capacity on behalf of U.S. citizens involved in legal disputes overseas. Department of State personnel do not provide legal advice to the public and are prohibited from recommending a particular foreign or U.S. attorney. Embassies and consulates maintain regional lists of various attorneys who have indicated they are willing to assist U.S. citizen clients, or refer inquiries to foreign law directories, bar associations or other organizations. U.S. citizens are personally responsible for all legal costs associated with retaining legal representation.

While in Thailand, U.S. citizens are subject to its laws and regulations. Persons violating the law in Thailand, even unknowingly, may be fined, arrested, and/or deported. If detained, a U.S. citizen will have to go through the Thai legal process of being charged, prosecuted, and possibly convicted and sentenced. It is important to keep in mind that the legal process in Thailand can differ significantly from the one in the United States and may not provide the same protections available in the United States.

In the event of an arrest, the U.S. Embassy will do all that it can to ensure that a U.S. citizen is not discriminated against under local Thai law, but it will not be able to guarantee the same protections available under U.S. law.

U.S. consular officers provide a wide variety of services to U.S. citizens arrested abroad and their families; however, they cannot interfere in the Thai judicial process.

If a U.S. citizen is arrested, ACS Consular officials should be notified immediately. This may be done by the police at the time of arrest, or by a friend or relative of the detainee.

1 hour ago, paul101 said:

Dems dirty tricks look to be getting desperate, the lies about Trumps comments on service personnel even denied by some of his opponents. It will be great if Trump gets re elected if only to see the liberals crying at the sky again, make a change from them burning and looting.

Hmmm...so the same police officers you 'back the blue' are not to be believed when it doesn't fit your narrative. I didn't think anyone would be able to adequately refute the words of officers themselves other than that placid objection. 

As usual, a great reason to elect Trump, see liberals cry. Well, gentlemen (those lurking), you have it there in front of you. The comments and lack of defense speaks for themselves. 

[Disclaimer, I'm not a Democrat and have supported (sorry to say) Bush in 00.]