Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

As long as Wall Street and the bankers are running the USA, we are farked!

As long as the politician continue to spend and blow the US debt out of any orbit, we are farked.

Yes, set a gold standard. Yes, force a balanced budget. Yes, pay down the debt by eliminating the Federal Reserve and clamp down on this "reserve banking" practice that benefits the bankers so much.

...or do nothing and play the fiddle while the USA burns down!!!

Republicans want to extend the tax cuts for the oil companies.

Have you noticed the GREAT effect of this tax cut has been on the economy? Maybe they shouldn't be taxed at all!

Tax cut for companies making record profits. Sounds familiar.

The fact is also that corporae welfare is at least 3 times the cost of social welfare. Social welfare is demonized as the cause of our ills. Don't get me wrong, I agree it should be curtaile and it has been greatly reduced from the Clinton reform of it but the hypocracy is what gets me.

I agree we've let things go too far to be able to go back to a gold standard but the sentiment behind it is true. The fact is we've f*cked up our currency. It no longer has the power it once did. That's essentially the point. Our monetary policy sucks.

ONLY a Ron Paul can change the TSA and re-install our civil liberties. The others won't do' date=' can't do or don't want to do sh*t about it.

Integrity goes a long way with me. [/quote']

Then make Paul head of homeland security.

As for the Gold Standard, so because you perceive montary policy as sucking, you will turn to something which already has been shown by historical precedent to really fuck things up.

Gold is a commodity. Like every other commodity, its price goes up and down for a wide variety of reasons.

I'm no expert on the gold standard. Admittedly. I also would assume the genie is out of the bottle and we can't go back. The world has moved on without a gold standard. However, I'm not sure if you're saying it was always a bad idea or its just a bad idea now? We were on it for almost all of our history and became the number one nation while on it. Furthermore things got WORSE when we left. We had financial crisises before. However it wasn't due to being on the gold standard. It was from loose financial rules and which have now been corrected via regulations. During those past crisis the fundamentals of the country were solid for the future. Now, the fundamentals are not there and our future looks bleaker and the next generation isn't doing as well as the prior.

I think even Ron Paul knows we can't go back even if he was elected. My guess is he is smart enough to know that. We will have a proper accounting of the gold that is there though.

The number one thing about a Ron Paul presidency is that the special interests will not have power over the office. That is the biggest thing of all. Getting rid of their influence and power over the government MUST be the number one thing if we are ever going to make it back as a country. Every thing else is just conversation.

Neither party has ANYONE who will not be controlled or heavily influenced by the special interests, lobbies, etc.

You're getting bogged down in the gold standard, something that even if he's elected has little chance of coming to fruition instead of the big picture which is a government without influence from the special interest.

Edited by Guest

Even when we were on a gold standard, our government regulated it.

What really farked our country was money was collected for Medicare and Social Security but was deposited into the Treasury instead of into a Medicare and Social Security account. Apparently all the money we thought went into our respective accounts will never be put into our accounts. It is all gone!

As Prince Phillip called them, "useless eaters" and wanted to reduce the world population by 80%!!!

Guess what...we are the "useless eaters"...

Isn't good ole Prince Phil a 'useless eater'? What's his contribution to the human race and society? Besides having money, a title, and some vague fame as a twat I mean.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110630/ap_on_el_ge/us_bachmann_public_money

Public money puts Republican Bachmann on defensive

As Rep. Michele Bachmann tours the country criticizing government as too big and too expensive, the Republican presidential candidate has come under mounting scrutiny over public dollars flowing to family business interests.

There's $259,000 in federal subsidies paid since 1995 to a family farm of which Bachmann is a part owner. Another $30,000 went to Bachmann and Associates Counseling Clinic in the last five years from various Minnesota government agencies, including one small payment logged the day after the congresswoman's official 2012 kickoff.

In addition, at least $137,000 came from Medicaid-backed programs for patients using the mental health clinic run by her husband, Marcus Bachmann.

All of the money poured through legitimate channels. Bachmann maintains none of the farm subsidies wound up in her pocket, although she disclosed the income on her congressional financial disclosure forms. And most public payments to the clinic are connected to services it provided, although it did receive a federal health grant for employee training.

The arrangements threaten to pose image problems for the tea party heroine — and could give rivals an opening to exploit in ads or other ways as the White House race drags on. All week, Bachmann has been forced to explain how her fervent talk of bloated government squares with a family that sometimes benefits

Frankly, I don't blame her or anyone that take full advantage of any legal loophole or program.

Both parties are so hyporcritical about it all, and that's what pisses me off at times.

Veterans Slam Michele Bachmann’s Plan To Cut Vet Benefits: They're 'Heartless'

In her tea party-fueled quest to cut government spending and social programs, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) has unveiled a plan to cut $400 billion in federal spending that includes freezing the Veterans Affairs Department’s health care spending and cuts veterans’ disability benefits.

The Air Force Times reports her plan would slice $4.5 billion from the VA, including reducing 150,000 veterans’ disability compensation and the amount they receive in Social Security Disability Income.

A host of veterans groups slammed Bachmann’s plan:

– Veterans of Foreign War national commander Richard L. Eubank said, “The only discussion the VFW wants is to tell the congresswoman that her plan is totally out of step with America’s commitment to our veterans.†“No way, no how, will we let this proposal get any traction in Congress,†said Eubank. “There are certain things you do not do when our nation is at war, and at the top of that list is not caring for our wounded and disabled servicemen and women when they return home,†he said. “I want her to look those disabled veterans in the eye and tell them their service and sacrifice is too expensive for the nation to bear.â€

– The National Veterans Foundation’s Rich Rudnick told ThinkProgress that Bachmann’s plan is “terribly misguided,†saying, “veterans benefits are minimal to begin with†and that Bachmann’s scheme would be a “real step backwards.†“Cutting back on the VA right now would be showing contempt for American servicemembers’ sacrifices,†Rudnick said in a phone interview this afternoon.

– Disabled American Veterans Washington Headquarters Executive Director David Gorman said Bachmann’s plan is “uch an ill-advised proposal [it] is nothing short of heartless.†“It is unconscionable that while our nation is at war someone would even think of forcing our wounded warriors to sacrifice even more than they already have,†Gorman said. “Their injuries and disabilities were the result of their service to the nation, and our nation must not shirk its responsibilities toward them. How do you tell a veteran who has lost a limb that he or she has not sacrificed enough? Yet Rep. Bachmann wants to do just that.â€

– Veterans for Common Sense executive director Paul Sullivan “said cutting veterans’ health care spending is an ill-advised move at a time when the number of veterans continues to grow as troops return from Iraq and Afghanistan.†“It is really astonishing to see this,†he said.

– VoteVets.org Chairman Ashwin Madia said, “Michelle Bachmann’s plan would turn veterans away from the care they’ve earned and deserve. Congress voted for two wars that have created many veterans that now need help, and we cannot – and will not – turn our backs to them. That’s bad policy that I think even a majority of Republican voters will stand squarely against.â€

In a statement to the Air Force Times, Bachmann “said her plan is intended for discussion purposes as an example of ways to cut federal spending.â€

Farking moron ...