Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Strom Thurmond had more black children than I do.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2013/02/05/strom-thurmonds-black-daughter-a-flesh-and-blood-symbol-of-americas-complicated-racial-history/ Strom Thurmond, for the non Americans if you google, was a devout segregationist from South Carolina. He put her in private school, made a good life for her. And spent his life supporting laws that discriminated against Blacks.

Thousands of slave holders had black children. As if that makes you bigot free? LOLOL... 1000s of westerners to go to Thailand to bang Thai girls and sadly, many have little respect for the people there as we have all seen. 

Amy Coney Batshit, 

Republicans repeatedly nominate Catholics to the high court because Catholics are the most vehemently against abortion. About 4 or 5 of the high court are catholic or catholic schooled. I grew up in a Catholic heavy city and while they all thought abortion was technically wrong, they weren't going to go to war over it .Boston, LA, Philadelphia and other catholic heavy cities have had abortion clinics for decades and have never batted an eye. Protests in front of them are always from out of town evangelical nutters. 

Being the son of a baptist Deacon, I'm not big fan of abortion truthfully. I'm uncomfortable with its roots. Planned Parenthood, the largest such clinics was started by a eugenicist. But I fully allow its practice because its not my body. I know my history and know how far the state will go to control your body and rights. 

Finally, this particular pick, is not just your run of the mill Catholic. She belongs to an off shoot that are..hmm...'scientologists' of Catholics. They believe in speaking in tongues, visions from God, etc.  They are a sect. In other words, she's a fringe religious nutcase. 

By definition, she will not be able to reconcile her faith and the law. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_charismatic_renewal

Catholics who practice charismatic worship usually hold prayer meetings outside of Mass and feature such gifts as prophecy, faith healing, and glossolalia. In Ann Arbor, Michigan, a Catholic church describes charismatic worship as "uplifted hands during songs and audible praying in tongues." It further distinguishes a charismatic congregation as one that emphasises complete surrender to Jesus in all parts of life, obedience to both the Gospel and Catholic teaching, as well as Christ-centered friendships

• Haha 1

...and you know what is the kicker? If she wasn't a known conservative, 90% of Republican masses, the every day folks, would be against her being on the high court based on that. They only support this nominee because tRump does and because she would vote favorably for any case before the court that affects tRump or Republican dogma. That's it. Nothing else. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

tRump will either catch Biden and pass him or just lose out. It will be very, very close. The American have been blatantly and shockingly wrong before (Bush 2nd term, Nixon's second term). But when you have 40% of the people openly supporting fascism, its not a surprise. 

The Dems are feckless.  The one thing that will happen no matter who is there is a crash. We are long over due. 

I think you need to look up the definition of fascism mate,sounds more like BLM or Antifa

a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

• Like 1

There could be an October surprise. I've spoken of this before. The 3 biggest stock market crashes in the last 100 years in America happened in October either the year before, the year after or the year of a presidential election. 

Trump has inflated the biggest economic bubble in U.S. history. Bigger than the Great Depression. Trump didn't create it on his own. The bubble started during the Obama years. Towards the end of his administration it stabilized but it was still big. Trump inflated it to gargantuan proportions. The national debt has grown bigger and faster than at any time, even more than the 2 wars Bush started. 

The stock market has been artificially inflated. We are in a pandemic and the stock market bounced back right away despite all the major companies losing money. It defies all common sense and logic. It's been falling over the last week or so but its still up immensely from the drop during the lockdown. 

The Federal Reserve is supposed to be independent. The president has traditionally not told it what to do...until Trump. He's threatened the Fed chairmen with replacement (the Senate confirms the Fed Chairman) and meddled in their affairs for purely political reasons. 

This bubble could pop next Month. Or it may not crash for a months or years (the latter almost impossible historically).