Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

>>What I l can´t get over is the obedience he is still offered by the Republican Party. Don´t these people have any selfrespect?<<

Russia

Q: Who are the people most beholden to Russia and what does Russia have on them?

Because the "Base" will not forgive anyone, who has so far, skated over the thin ice of Russian influence, when that ice breaks.

3 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

One of the arguments they used was that Trump can´t have lost this one because because Hillary lost last time. The judges must have got a bad stomach reading this bullshit.

<<Instead of just losing once at the election, he's losing many more times with these election lawsuits.  He brought this on himself.  Could he be a closet masochist? >>

Because he isn't really concerned about this election, he's laying the groundwork for the next.

Again, I hate him, I'm far far left, but he's doing this for a reason.

My  guess on his overall game plan? By de-legitimizing the election, he has made roughly half the country deem Biden illegitimate. He will likely still have de facto control over the Republican party. You control the vote, the GOP masses, you control the party. You also control those in Congress who need his support for re-election. He will influence issues before the Congress via tweets and speeches. He will be the 'shadow' government for the right. My guess is his family doesn't want anything to do with a run again for the office. He may or may not or play 'kingmaker' in the primaries. No matter what he will use the immediate few years to make as much money as possible. 

The last 4 years have exposed one thing. The right has no ideology. Trump  ran left of Hillary on several things and was fully endorsed. So, we can throw out ideology. His blatant disregard for law, the constitution as well as major names openly calling for martial law, tells us that roughly half the country are more than willing to endorse a full dictatorial leader, with all rights suspended as long as it hurts the other side. As long as they are  in power. 

Left wing wants America to "look" like northern / central Europe. America as a collective can not. It can in parts (Seattle, SF, and a few other cities) but not even statewide most places. Impossible in red areas. Forcing the country to do so is going to end badly. 

Biden is a damn fool to think he can 'heal' the country. Its over. And the right knows it. The far left knows it. The establishment on both sides think they can control it. History has shown us nations with this type of fissure only come out of it with massive amount of bloodshed. I can't think of any examples where it hasn't. Rome, Britain (a few times, war of the roses, etc,) 1930s Germany, 1918 Russia. Korea, Vietnam, any number of African and South American countries. The Civil  War in America was the same. 25 percent of the country believing it was there god given right to own another person. 

Obviously no one wants it to come to that but I can't think of any historical examples otherwise with possibly, possibly South Africa. But I'd suggest it didn't line up similar to the aforementioned examples. The white minority knew it 1. wouldn't  win and 2. Had no external support. In the case of America, the right thinks it can win a war of attrition of the threat of open war would split America physically and form their own nation. 

Only 20% of Americans have a passport at best. And a healthy percentage of that were forced to. For example, years ago my parents would take a Caribbean cruise for their anniversary and only needed a driver' license. I used to drive to Mexico on a driver's license. and I've heard you need a passport now, but not sure if its true. 

Anyway, the point is, most Americans have no idea how good people have it around the world. They think we have the most modern country in the world. I've been in countries like south Korea, Dubai, etc, like most of you have traveled. Americans who are Republican I've been around in those places remark how much better the medical care, medical insurance, transportation systems are better. 150 years ago, the Swedes, Italians, Germans, etc, flocked to America anyway they could. The immigration act of 1965 opened up immigration globally. I always ask conservatives. Why haven't the Europeans flooded back to America? Obvious answer. No need to, they are better off in their own countries. As a matter of fact, 1000s of 20 something Americans have flocked to Europe to get a EU work visa and never returned in terms of living. Only to visit. Why? Oppressing student loans. They simply stopped paying. The powers that be can't  garnish their wages in Spain, Germany, etc. So many have left, that the US government threatened (not sure if they followed through) years ago that you won't get your passport renewed if you owe a certain amount. Same in back taxes. 

Culturally, all of America simply won't go for a social democratic style of society. Too ingrained in Americanism. 

Not fully sure of the full facts since my wife was told it by a US Citizens Thai wife whom I worked with in Vietnam. It went along the lines that she was married / green card that any foreign income was taxable in the USA. The Lady in question family own / operate a furniture chain in Thailand. As I said not 100% au fait with all the facts.

When I left the UK back in the late 80’s I had no intention or desire to be a nomadic expat, I just went to S Korea for approx 9 months work. About half way through I was celebrating my 25th Birthday and remember thinking to myself “What does the UK still have to offer me, I could get used to this life” (Cheap Beer and wall to wall whores had no impact on my thinking, Honest ‘Guv) Must be doing something right if 32 years later I am still overseas. 
A funny one about passports and traveling, it was Britany Spears, or some other bubble gun bimbo who said. “I get to play concerts overseas in places like Canada and Mexico”  

12 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

<<Instead of just losing once at the election, he's losing many more times with these election lawsuits.  He brought this on himself.  Could he be a closet masochist? >>

Because he isn't really concerned about this election, he's laying the groundwork for the next.

Trump is undermining his chances for a comeback by being a sore loser.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/karl-rove-trump-refusal-accept-election-results-americans-dont-like-sore-losers-052334684.html

"Karl Rove on Trump’s refusal to accept election results: Americans 'don’t like sore losers'"

“If his goal is to lay the predicate to come back in 2024 and run again, he’s helping himself at least gain the nomination. But I think in the long run he’s not helping himself or the country,” Rove said. “America likes comebacks, but they don’t like sore losers and he is on the edge of looking like a sore loser, and probably will look like it after January 6th.”