Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I don't know all the details but I read one article that Obama and Biden had given the Republicans pretty much everything they asked for, 97% and Boehmer backed away from it because he didn't want a resolution. Supposedly that they would have less things to get Obama on during the election.

Everything nowadays is party politics. Pelosi played hardball and used her power as well when she had it. Republicans doing the same. Its not about the country anmymore, its what I've always said it is, raw naked power. I do believe that even if Obama governed as the Republicans wanted it wouldn't be enough because he wasn't their man.

Too many people want to 'fuk' the President.

It is hate that kills. Should be interesting to see if the death wish is honored.

It is hard to predict about the debt ceiling. The Republicans seemed to have forgotten who they work for. These people so far have been mum. But maybe they know the fix is in, and that is why they are mum. You know, people sitting on piles of cash can wait for interest rates to go to the moon. Then they can buy bonds real cheap. If and when the dust settles, they will make buttloads of money.

Or...

I saw a blogger liken this to game of chicken, like in the movie Rebel Without a Cause. The guy in the driver's seat, House Speaker John Boner, knows the game and also knows the other guys riding in the car don't have their facts right. But the guy riding shot-gun in the GOP car, - the one who believes the car can fly — is trying to put his foot on top of Boner’s on the gas pedal.

Guest HonoluluJimmy
And for the last two years there has been no COLA in Social Security, because the Feds claim there has been no increase in the cost of living!

Interesting issue for expats. I'n not collecting as I feel it is a good decission and I want to help America. I do realize what a can or worms it would be but how about COLA based on country of res for Expats. We get no gov health ( im my case I have to go to the Embassy to get services but I also decline and I really don't need the help). Loose many bennies etc.

I do agreee that there should have been a cola raise but that woulddo even more to harm the gov situation. How about this... for those whom must pay tax (that would be me) on 50% of of their payment fore go any cola and those whom don't have to pay get a cola. (There is an total income level that dictates who pays) I think that would be greatg based on tghe revoious years tax returns. There are alot of people getting by on less that 36K USD who would do well with a break!

Guest HonoluluJimmy
I don't know all the details but I read one article that Obama and Biden had given the Republicans pretty much everything they asked for' date=' 97% and Boehmer backed away from it because he didn't want a resolution. Supposedly that they would have less things to get Obama on during the election.

Everything nowadays is party politics. Pelosi played hardball and used her power as well when she had it. Republicans doing the same. Its not about the country anmymore, its what I've always said it is, raw naked power. I do believe that even if Obama governed as the Republicans wanted it wouldn't be enough because he wasn't their man. [/quote']

Too many people want to 'fuk' the President.

It is hate that kills. Should be interesting to see if the death wish is honored.

Why Not, look who elected him. The welfare state!

As to Nasty nacy and Lady Di-Fi they are two in a pod. Remember I lived in SF during the time of Nanc and Di Fi Di fi lived on a huge house on the culdesac just north of Lake St on Arguello. Hubby big surgeon etc.. Bought every vote she ever got and now expats have to live with the shite!

Police charge mother in Nashville airport altercation

A 41-year-old Clarksville woman was arrested after Nashville airport authorities say she was belligerent and verbally abusive to security officers, refusing for her daughter to be patted down at a security checkpoint.

Andrea Fornella Abbott yelled and swore at Transportation Security Administration agents Saturday afternoon at Nashville International Airport, saying she did not want her daughter to be “touched inappropriately or have her “crotch grabbed,†a police report states.

After the woman refused to calm down, airport police said, she was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to jail. She has been released on bond.

Attempts to reach Abbott on Tuesday were unsuccessful. The report does not list her daughter’s age. The mother and daughter were traveling from Nashville to Baltimore on Southwest Airlines.

“(She) told me in a very stern voice with quite a bit of attitude that they were not going through that X-ray,†Sabrina Birge, an airport security officer, told police.

“No, it’s not an X-ray,†she told Abbott. “It is 10,000 times safer than your cell phone and uses the same type of radio waves as a sonogram.â€

“I still don’t want someone to see our bodies naked,†Abbott said, according to the police report.

At one point, Abbott tried unsuccessfully to take a video with her cellphone.

The arrest comes on the heels of public outrage over a video showing a pat-down of a 6-year-old girl at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. The April video prompted a new policy that took effect last month in which airport security screeners must try to avoid invasive pat-down searches of children.

TSA says it will instruct screeners how to make repeated attempts to screen young children without invasive pat-downs. The instructions should reduce the number of pat-downs on children, TSA says.

Pervs R Us

Still very surprised at Obama for still allowing this. Security experts have dismissed the screening process as little more than show for the public to make them feel safe.

Even this has failed. Its now seen as a privacy issue by the general public.

It just seems the government, via the TSA is telling the people, F*ck you, we are in control.

If a presidential candidate was smart he'd use this as an issue. I'd like it to become part of the national debate in this upcoming election.