Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I knew a retired policeman who used to argue for making drugs legal. He said the junkies would go wild, OD, and that would be the end of them. It would reduce crime considerably.

There's a school of thought that the ease of manufacture of crack cocaine is responsible for the reduced crime rate claimed for some US cities.

Not only is it lethal personally but users tend to kill others around them as well.

Blinded Muslim pleads to save his attacker's life

A MUSLIM who was shot and blinded by a white supremacist days after the 9/11 attacks is suing the governor of Texas to prevent his assailant from being executed.

Rais Bhuiyan says his rights as a victim were ignored when his attacker, Mark Stroman, was sentenced to death after a shooting spree at a Dallas convenience store that left two of his colleagues dead. Stroman, who claims he went on the rampage "against Arabs" in revenge for the death of his half-sister on September 11, 2001, is due to be executed on Wednesday after his final appeal was denied.

Mr Bhuiyan contends state prosecutors "pushed forward with the death penalty" without consulting him or the families of the other victims as required under the Texas Crime Victims' Bill of Rights.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/blinded-muslim-pleads-to-save-his-attackers-life/story-e6frg6so-1226095556392

Bulyan is a Bangladeshi, not an Arab. I've worked with Bangladeshis, good people - as this one shows. Another victim was a Patel, an Indian and not a Muslim. The thief was a member of the Aryan Nation - a skinhead hate-everyone group. (I do not support capital punishment, but I can't say the world wouldn't be a better place without this douchebag.) I remember one of the first people murdered after 9-11 was a Sikh! The moron who shot him thought he was a Muslim, and Sikhs generally hate Muslims for sound historical reasons.

Rais Bhuiyan

Woman Who Groped TSA Agent's Breast Let Out of Jail

PHOENIX - We hear a lot of complaints about security screeners groping airline passengers.

But now, a Colorado woman is accused of putting her hands on a TSA agent at Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix.

Court records show 61-year-old Yukari Mihamae grabbed the left breast of the female agent Thursday at the Terminal 4 checkpoint.

Police say she squeezed and twisted the agent's breast with both hands.

Officers say Mihamae admitted to the crime.

There's no word why she roped the agent.

[color:red]Mihamae now faces a felony count of sexual abuse.[/color]

She was released from jail on Friday morning.

According to court records, she lives in Longmont, Colorado and is self-employed.

Tit for tat

I knew a retired policeman who used to argue for making drugs legal. He said the junkies would go wild, OD, and that would be the end of them. It would reduce crime considerably.

There's a lot of reasons to make drugs legal. There's also no doubt that the drug trade in Los Angeles in the 80s was used to buy arms from Iran and funnel them to the Contras.

But honestly, what I see as one of the primary catalysts for crime - here - is a hopelessness in poorer parts of town and a void where prior people could actually go out and earn a decent blue-collar living. Yeah, there's unprecedented mobility for some parts of the black middle-class, but a lot of people have been left out in the cold and don't give a shit about much.

I don't know. It's heartbreaking.

I think that there's a case for controlling drug use legally.

I saw some reports on "heroin trials" in Europe where addicts were given the drug in clinic type situations.

Apparently junkie type crime dropped dramatically and many addicts went off welfare to take up useful lives.

Of course some people are just fucking thieves and there's no cure for that.

Decriminalization is a big step for a lot of folks. Too big. In the interim I think what we can do is modify punishment. Instead of sending people caught with slightly over personal use of pot or coke or whatever to prison is to put those folks under house arrest.

There are many people who otherwise were employed and contributing members of society who are now in prison. We ended up with hundreds of thousands of folks who were making..lets say..on average of 30k a year, just to pull a number out of the air, and contributing to the economy to people who now cost on average of 60k a year to the taxpayer to house and feed.

The person with too much pot loses their job and ends up costing Mr. and Mrs Taxpayer 60k to house and feed and when the get out they can't get the same job back because they now have a criminal record.

My idea, until we decriminalize is instead of sending them to jail, let them still be contributing members of society and have them be on house arrest for 12 hours each work day and 16 hours on the weekends. Lets say the are free from 8AM to 8PM. Allows them to keep their job, then for a number of time, 2 months, 3 months, whatever they wear an ankle braclet. Trust me, you restrict someone to their home and it becomes a pain in the ass. They come in for a pee test once a week, and any violation can mean an extension of house arrest or make them pick up trash on the highway or tutor kids or whatever. Make them contribute.

I would also allow them to have the record expunged after a period of time so they can still get a good job.

I grew up in a neighborhood that was known as a heroin neighborhood. Things got bad when it changed to crack.

Why? You can function on heroin. At least many people can, it depends on your body chemistry but there were people in our neighborhood that had and maintained a mortgage, a job and were recreational, often weekly users of heroin. Its very possible. Many jazz artists were hooked on heroin for years and functioned. Entertainers and some rock stars.

The thing with crack is that you can't function while on it. Everyone I've seen on it were completely out of it. They could not maintain any job or function in society at all while on it.

When the neighborhood changed to crack in the '80s, break ins skyrocketed. We never had break ins before. Heroin had a code. I'm not saying heroin is good mind you, just that the guys who dealt it, only sold to adults and didn't sell on street corners. There was a house you went to buy. Crack was being sold by kids, often to kids and sold in the open on the corners. Because you can function on heroin you can keep a job so you can feed your habit. On crack, you could not hold down a job so you had to steal. First from your own family then after they kicked you out, you stole from neighbors or anyone you could find.

Also, I think you will find that after decriminalization that there will still be a social stigma and that there will be an unofficial ban. Employers do drug testing now. More will do drug testing after decriminalization. I think that will be the check against using. If you want to get a job you better be clean.

I have to agree that this is possibly a cure for dishonesty, Australia was founded on the convict transportation system and look at the noble, honest and hard working race that came about.

I see a lot of them slaving away in Pattaya now. But the perps on Pitcairn didn't turn out so well. :hmmm: